Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,493

DashKappei

@oorwullie very nice mate, thanks!
I think that it'd be cool tho to add at the bottom all the different people who have taken part in one or more challenges. Like the good 'ole participation certificates that they used to hand out in school sport events

Guys I'm torn... I want to take part in the Ikaruga challenge but I'd also feel inclined to spend the money on Yoku's Island Express..
What do I do???

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

GrailUK

@DashKappei You play what you want mate. There are always the open leader-boards for later on

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

DashKappei

@grailUK well yeah but it’s fun doing the challenges together, discussing tactics and so on
I can’t seem to check the game on eShop comparison prices because it says Ikaruga content may differ between releases? What gives?
Which version should I buy (was going Norwegian thinking it might be the cheapest non-US/MXN/CND price)?

Btw, we doing this Ikaruga challenge or not (or are we waiting a week or something)? Is there a post laying down the rules yet?

DashKappei

GrailUK

@DashKappei I haven't bought it yet (it's on my to do list!) but I would suggest it would be as close to 1 credit normal difficulty as the game allows.

OorWullie

@DashKappei I bought it off the US Eshop ,it's cheaper than the Norwegian Eshop but not by much,35 cents or something like that. Norwegian is 2nd cheapest though. US also cheapest for Street Fighter 30th.

As for the Ikaruga rules ,I have the game on my system now and I'm going to play it soon. I'll check what the rules are,add them to the leaderboard thread then copy them in here.

As for the names of participants under medal standings ,I thought about that as well but decided against it. If everyone is OK with that I could add them when I get a chance.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GrailUK

@OorWullie I just bought it. Can't wait to see y'all on the leader boards

CroRock

I’m all up for Ikaruga. Please add me on leaderboards. Also, I’ll add some of you missing out on my Switch friend list.

See you all on leaderboards hopefully in top 20 at least

Btw there are some crazy scores already. I guess it’s true when they say “there is always an Asian better then you”

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

DashKappei

Grabbed IKARUGA as well guys

DashKappei

mauhlin12

I'll go ahead and put up the first (low) high score for Ikaruga. I love Treasure, but this is my first time playing Ikaruga. After a few attempts I was able to beat the 1st level deathless, but man this is a tough, tough game. Looking forward to improving my game and seeing the scores of the really good players here.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

Just opened a new Pinball FX3 tournament. The table is Son of Zeus and rules are same as before,5 minutes table time.

Mr Mustard
Password - NLife2018

Thanks for setting this up again. Just had a few goes and managed to go top. Doubt I'll be there for long 😉

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

SegaRacer

I pre-purchased Ikaruga last night so that it was all ready for me when I got home. I'm now going to spend the night having all kinds of fun! So far it has taken a minute to remember how to work the scoring system, but it's slowly coming back to me.

SegaRacer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Lroy Well played mate. 33 million does not come easy. I know how well my own run went for me.

Ikaruga is bloody hard haha

I'm glad easy mode has its own online leaderboard.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

I've opened the tournament and here are the rules as promised.

Table - Ikaruga
Rules - Default settings
3 lives / no continues
Extend - 3 million / 5 million
Arcade mode / Normal difficulty
Ending - 8th June at 11.59pm UK time

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

RetroGamerAndrew

Looking forward to join you guys, my Switch should be back by next week (80 bloody effin' euros for a joycon rail and SD reader replacement... GG) so I'll hopefully be back before the end of the challenge.
Won't be sitting on my hands tho, I'll be practicing on the Steam version

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

GFoyle

Not sure is Ikaruga my kind of shmup, have to try it a bit more to see if I want to even try to participate in the challenge. My prior experience of it is something like 5 minutes and it's definitely different from the others. Even if I would participate, I think we have people here who has prior experience of this one and it would be really difficult to catch up (I kinda loose motivation from competing if there is little change to do well).

Anyone else bothered by the loading times? Especially those uploading/saving/synchronization things after game ends are annoying. I wish it would be optional whether there is any work done for replay or whether score is uploaded or not.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

CroRock

@GFoyle
I’m playing Ikaruga for the first time and I like the challenge in this one. I’m becoming better as more as I play. Just give it some time and don’t quit.
As for loading times and synchronization of the scores.. no, It’s fine imo because it uploads only your highlights scores. After few runs uploads will be less frequent believe me

What I am missing is restart button so I don’t need to go back in main menu after every battle or death.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Zkibu

@GFoyle No pressure mate, just enjoy the game and learn it section by section. I've played Ikaruga occasionally since the game released on the Gamecube, but never actually owned it. I can handle the game until the second boss which I haven't never beaten without credit feeding. After that the game turns really challenging. So if here are no Ikaruga-masters, I don't see why you can't be competitive. Just optimize first two levels and if you beat the boss then you have already beaten me.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

GFoyle

@CroRock It's not really about the difficulty, It's more about the focus of the game, which is more puzzle like and the theme/looks which I I find a bit uninteresting and bland. (I like more those dragon blaze style looks and themes). I'll definitely play more (when I have time) to see if I start to get more kick out of it. I do like it more than Danmaku Unlimited 3, which wasn't my kind of shmup at all.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic