Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 3,493

GrailUK

@OorWullie maybe we could have an open season (week) on the leaderboards while terra cresta gets extended. I'm sure everyone has unfinished business with a previous week ( I know I do lol) and it would be nice not spending money haha. Would take us nicely to ikaruga. Just a suggestion

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

@GrailUK Great idea.I don't think anyone will have any issue with that. I can work on my Strikers 1945 and Tengai single credit score for the open leaderboard.Maybe some Dragon Blaze,Danmaku Unlimited 3 and Galaga 88 too.I was playing all of those except for Tengai last night with my TV turned on its side and it was superb.

It would be good to see lots of new scores across all the open leaderboards.

How about I open a Pinball FX3 private tournament for the next week?5 minute playtime on Sorcerer's Lair,just like Caravan mode.The table is free to download for anyone who doesn't already have it. Anyone up for joining that?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

RetroGamerAndrew

OorWullie wrote:

How about I open a Pinball FX3 private tournament for the next week?5 minute playtime on Sorcerer's Lair,just like Caravan mode.The table is free to download for anyone who doesn't already have it. Anyone up for joining that?

@OorWullie that would be great! Picked up a week ago and had an great time playing the silver ball

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@GrailUK @oorwullie Based on comments made by @DashKappei and others, perhaps we could introduce an open leaderboard week say every other week (fortnightly) or every third week?

So Week 1: New Game
Week 2: New Game
Week 3: Open Leaderboard week - where we are free to pick whatever previous challenge games we want to try and improve our open leaderboard score on. We don't have to play the same previous game, we can pick and choose ourselves. Might be nice to still share in this thread what games we are returning to that week. Then at the end of that week we post our improved scores for adding to the Open Leaderboards.
Week 4: New Game
Week 5: New Game
Week 6: Open Leaderboard Week

Thoughts?

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@OorWullie Just read your PINBALL FX tourney suggestion. Great idea. How do I find it in the game? Not played PINBALL FX much yet.

OorWullie

@Lroy I like that idea for the challenges. Especially with the World Cup ,Wimbledon ,E3 and the tons of releases coming over that period. 2 on 1 off sounds good to me. We can see how it goes anyway.

I've actually just opened a tournament and had a shot to get it started. It runs for 7 days ,5 minute rule, and I've disabled Wizard Power and Upgrades so it's fair for those who haven't levelled them up yet.

To find it ,go to 'tournaments' and under filters , select 'Name' and enter 'Mr Mustard'

The password is NLife2018

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy I like your suggestion too, and a 2 to 1 ratio seems fair to me.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Zkibu

Well I am glad everybody enjoyed Finland's most embarassing moment in football

@Lroy seems like a good idea.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

GrailUK

Ok, so in the event of me winning this weeks challenge, I declare next week as open season!

Edited on by GrailUK

monkeyspasm

I have a 1 or 2 scores that I never posted at the the time that can be added to the open leaderboards (towards the bottom!)

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

GrailUK

@OorWullie I'll be joining you on that Tengai single credit leader board next week.

GrailUK

Amazing! The Japanese player has beaten my score. Outstanding. Oh my word, I am going giddy at this international one-up-manship (hahah what an appropriate term for shmups!) Right. I am going to have to go for the holy grail of Terra Cresta runs.

Lroy

@OorWullie Just had a go on the PINBALL FX tourney. I've barely touched this game, so thank you for prompting me to go back to it. No idea what I am doing and the screen gets crazy busy with messages but no time to read them, lol!

Edited on by Lroy

monkeyspasm

I'm up for the Pinball FX3 tournament, not really played it much.

Maybe we could also do the free table on Stern / Pinball Arcade at some point too? It's Frankenstein, not my fave but great for free

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Lroy

My Final Score for the Weekly Challenge Game TERRA CRESTA.

58, 200. Had no idea how I died as had 15 secs left on the Caravan Clock and was that invincible flashing dragon thing. Suddenly ship just exploded and Game Over came up, can you hit any obstacles on land?

Untitled

That's @Agent721 very close behind me.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

My final score below...@Lroy & @Mauhlin12 also in the pic:

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Lroy

You just beat me!! Well done. And great score again by @GrailUK. I hope you get back to #1!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@OorWullie

YES on pinball! And always yes!! I’m down to continue Terra Cresta for one more week.

AgentLA

OorWullie wrote:

@Lroy I like that idea for the challenges. Especially with the World Cup ,Wimbledon ,E3 and the tons of releases coming over that period. 2 on 1 off sounds good to me. We can see how it goes anyway.

I've actually just opened a tournament and had a shot to get it started. It runs for 7 days ,5 minute rule, and I've disabled Wizard Power and Upgrades so it's fair for those who haven't levelled them up yet.

To find it ,go to 'tournaments' and under filters , select 'Name' and enter 'Mr Mustard'

The password is NLife2018

Sweet,cheers!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic