Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 3,493

hybridseed

@meppi64 I didn't realize it actually came out physically, thanks for that! But like you I'm not playing much PlayStation at the moment, Switch rules my life right now! But after your strong recommendation I'll definitely be looking into buying Dangun Feveron! Thanks mate☺

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

OorWullie

I can see I've got to up my game dramatically. It all starts going wrong for me on stage 4.

Are the points you get for gold bars random?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

meppi64

@hybridseed no problem. Glad I could help.
And yeah, it's certainly a weird release.
Been seeing quite a few physical Asian releases with English language options the last couple of years, especially for Vita games, but also several PS4 games. Gundam Breaker 3 comes to mind, and also Super Robot Taisen. But I hadn't seen a Korean only release like this, well certainly not for a Japanese game.
Luckily everything is region free these days!
I've been pretty much Switch only this past year and have way too much stuff I've yet to play on the little miracle box. But I got distracted as usual and started diving into my 360 back catalogue when downloading all my digital only games to a spare 360 in case the old one breaks down one day.
One thing lead to another and in a day or 2 I'll have a One as well. hehe It's be great for a change of pace and for a whole bunch of co-op games with my buddy who likes the more serious games.

Been trying some Strikers tonight, but for some reason it's not clicking and I'm playing very badly.
Can't even crack 400.000 nor get past 1-4. Gonna see if my reflexes are any better tomorrow.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

mauhlin12

Untitled Early week high score for me. I like to put Switch in Tate mode sitting on my bed using my legs as a stand and using 8bitdo SNES Pro controller.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

meppi64

@OorWullie No those gold bars are not random.
Look closely and you can see a light streak going across them.
If you time it correctly, you can score 2000 points at the exact moments that they flash after the streak goes over them.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

@meppi64 Cheers pal, I'm too busy concentrating on the bullet hell to notice that. I imagine getting the timing down won't be so easy but at least I know now. I take it the same applies to Gunbird and Samurai Aces? If I remember correctly those have gold bars too.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

hybridseed

@meppi64 Yeah I've got Gundam Breaker 3, Super Robot Wars OG The Moon Dwellers and SD Gundam G Generation Hong Kong English versions, and G Generation pre ordered for Switch too!!

I did not know that about the gold bars.. Thanks!

meppi64

@OorWullie I think Samurai Aces has regular gold bars that don't change.
I need to look up if Gunbird has regular coins or if those also rotate a score. They are starting to get a bit jumbled in my head at this point, especially when it comes to the finer details. Could be Gunbird 2 that does have it and not 1. hmm
It should be relatively clear when you try it out though as it's not really hidden or anything. Just a little detail.

meppi64

meppi64

@hybridseed Ah nice!
G Generation for Switch is Japanese only so far right? Or did I miss an English announcement?
Got a preorder for the English Asian release of Super Robot Wars X for Vita myself, which comes out next week.

meppi64

hybridseed

@meppi64 It is, yes... Really hoping that it'll get an English language release and then the Japanese version will play in English! Just watched a trailer for Super Robot Wars X and it looks great, enjoy! I may but that for Vita too☺

OorWullie

Some great scores posted already.

Although my best score so far (410k) was made with the Zero my favourite plane is definitely the P-51. The charge shot that works as a shield is extremely useful and the special allows me to collect power ups easily after losing a life. With the Zero it's difficult to do this and unless you time it right the power you can be left fighting a boss at your weakest until the power ups come back towards you.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

SegaRacer

Alright, I made my first few attempts at the game and this is what I got so far. I should be able to improve on this for sure. We'll see how it goes. I'm already enjoying this game far more than Tengai.

SegaRacer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

masterLEON

@RetroGamerAndrew Well played, man! And to @hybridseed and @CaffeinatedGamer as well.

@OorWullie Yeah, Gunbird 2's coins are similar to Strikers, or rather, the same as Tengai. When the coin is facing head on it is also gleaming white, that's when it's worth 2,000 points. Now, Gunbird 1 must be messing with me. I have no idea how to get those coins to be worth more than 200 points. My worst fear is that they multiply in points when you consecutively collect them when they gleam. No way I'd go for them if that's the case!

Edited on by masterLEON

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

DashKappei

OorWullie wrote:

My high score so far

Note all but the top 2 were made with no continues. Just realised how well I must have played to get 290k with 3 lives.

What do you mean “only the top2”? I don’t remember now but doesn’t Strikers work like every other where the last two numbers of the score indicate the number of credits you used? So a single credit game will have a score like 100000 while a 100003 means 3 credits have been fed.
Or is this game an outlier?

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

meppi64

Wait! Are we using continues here? :-/

meppi64

meppi64

DashKappei wrote:

What do you mean “only the top2”? I don’t remember now but doesn’t Strikers work like every other where the last two numbers of the score indicate the number of credits you used? So a single credit game will have a score like 100000 while a 100003 means 3 credits have been fed.
Or is this game an outlier?

I think so.
Looking at my scores, it makes sense anyway as I only have 2 100001 scores on there and that has to be from before I set continues to zero in option as to not accidentally use one while playing, and also to speed up the restart after a Game Over.
Untitled

Might also explain why those scores above are so insane so quickly.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Zkibu

Well now I am confused. Are we using 2 continues? I thought this was 1 credit run. I think that I need to pay more attention with the rules.

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

meppi64

@Zkibu I have no idea.
I thought 1 credit runs were clearly the standard as well.
Using continues would make it all so messy and well, to be blunt, much less fun.

meppi64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic