Forums

Topic: AEW Fight Forever

Posts 121 to 130 of 130

D20Nat20

MeatSauce wrote:

The latest update causes weird screen glitches and they still haven’t fix the shuttering & freezing. I tried the stadium stampede but the controls are awful & wrestling fortnite isn’t very appealing to me. I wish they would focus on improving the game instead of all this gimmicky crap.
The 1st match I did after the update ended in a count out because my cpu opponent got stuck in the stairs.

What we need in a 3d wrestling game is smackdown type gameplay witg backstage arenas similar to the smackdown games or the last 2 wcw games a roster of wwf/wcw/wos/njpw/nwa all stars and legends

And a good mix of matchs such as 1v1,tag, handicap, tornado tag,triangle,battle royale and over the top rope rumble style br variant,hardcore/weapons etc and add match type varians like no rope cages or roofed cages, 2 to 16 man tag, 4 to 30 man br,shoot fight(wher showman moves are disabled)

But since wwe 12 i find i've gone toward fire pro and aaw the last good 3d wwe alternatives where tna impact,runble rose and backyard wrestling bu wwe since 13 has got worse and since 16 or 17 has become like fifa ... Same gameplay new haircuts

D20Nat20

MeatSauce

@D20Nat20 It amazes me how much wrestling games have regressed in the last 20 years. I loved the aki games on n64 as I did Smackdown SYM/HCTP/ vs Raw back then it seemed like every new version improved an already great game experience. I can go back to those games now and have a fun time but Fight Forever can’t hold my interest as there’s not much to do.

I stopped playing the wwe games after 2k19 as I wasn’t having fun and don’t watch the product. As a life long wrestling fan & gamer nothing brings me more joy than a fun wrestling game yet its been so long since there’s been one.

MeatSauce

D20Nat20

MeatSauce wrote:

@D20Nat20 It amazes me how much wrestling games have regressed in the last 20 years. I loved the aki games on n64 as I did Smackdown SYM/HCTP/ vs Raw back then it seemed like every new version improved an already great game experience. I can go back to those games now and have a fun time but Fight Forever can’t hold my interest as there’s not much to do.
I stopped playing the wwe games after 2k19 as I wasn’t having fun and don’t watch the product. As a life long wrestling fan & gamer nothing brings me more joy than a fun wrestling game yet its been so long since there’s been one.

2k ruined the story modes and after 2k 16 it became a yearly update

D20Nat20

NintendoByNature

I actually had a great time with it at full price. It's a no Brainer at $30.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

NintendoByNature wrote:

I actually had a great time with it at full price. It's a no Brainer at $30.

I had alot.of fun with it to but now I am kinds disappointed at it. Ot with the game mind you, it plays well but the support that they said for it is like non-existent. I don't know if it's THQ or AEW Games or both but all the stuff they promised before launch hasn't happened. Season 2 pass is a joke the characters are outdated now and worst of all the devs are just radio silent.

Still though as I said fun game and I enjoyed so 30 is really a no brainer.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Reprise

I had a lot of fun with the game and I still maintain that the actual core gameplay is very good, fluid, fun and has some great touches. I enjoyed it far more than any WWE game in last 5-10 years.

What frustrates me though is they are either unwilling or unable to address the biggest criticisms against the game or live up to what they promised during development. The "fight forever" philosophy has proven to have been a lie.

If you look at a lot of games that released in recent years that have been criticised for their lack of content and what they offer, they usually (if they want to turn things around) put a lot of effort into improving the experience and delivering free content updates AS WELL as paid DLC.

Fight Forever's updates though (other than Stadium Stampede) have been lacklustre, infrequent and on top of that, incredibly expensive for what they are.

Why, like 8 months later, do we still not have a Collision arena? Why have no resources been put into providing new match types? Stuff like cage matches, I understand would be time consuming, but there are literally match types in the Road to Elite mode that aren't available as Exhibition matches. Why!? And then basic match modifiers, providing things like Submission match, Iron Man match, Tornado Tag etc would surely be fairly straightforward?

There should be new modes too. A basic Create A PPV option with a scoring system to allow replayability would be cool. How cool would have a Sting Retirement mode have been? Take on either a end-boss level brutally difficult Sting in a 1v1 match or Sting and Darby in a tag-team match as part of their retirement and see if you can beat him/them (with a time ranking/score system). Alternatively play as Sting or Sting and Darby in like a Survival mode you get in fighting games and see how many opponents you can beat until you are defeated and retired.

Jesus, even my rambling post is more time and effort than Yukes/AEW/THQ Nordic have put into this game post-release.

It's like they got all the building blocks in place for a good wrestling game, but then refuse to finish the job.

Reprise

Tasuki

@Reprise I would be happy with just an updated roster, including updated looks for people like Kris Statlander and such. They put Toni Storm in but why is it her Outcast gimmick and not her Timeless one? When they do update its like six months to a year old the material.

It's almost like maybe they bit off more then they can chew. Yet you look at how short of a development time WWE has on a game and its more current then the stuff AEW is putting out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Reprise

@Tasuki Yes, that too! When they were talking about this 'fight forever ' philosophy during development and said there would be continuous updates, I was expecting that they would be delivering new gimmick updates and outfits. They could have added new tag teams as well, like Better Than You Bay Bay (which is already outdated now). The outdated roster is also quite bad in itself. The fact Samoa Joe was crowned champion a couple of months back and isn't even in the game is quite depressing (I hope they are in the process of adding him). We know Swerve is coming and it has been rumoured Saraya and Adam Copeland were scanned and being added soon. The DLC is just so expensive for what it is... I hope they either reconsider the price or add more for your money. And gimmick updates should be free imo.

To be fair to the WWE games, they have 25 years behind them, a humongous budget and they have been refining the same basic engine and building upon it for years. They also stumbled along the way, with some entries in the series being particularly weak (2K15 and 2K20 are notable examples).

Perhaps AEW did bit off more than they can chew. I think Yukes are problematic. They are notoriously difficult to work with and not considered brilliant developers if rumours are true. There's a reason 2K got rid of them and went it alone.

Reprise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic