Forums

Topic: AEW Fight Forever

Posts 101 to 120 of 130

Tasuki

@GuruOfGreatness I think it has to do with the small user base of the Switch version. I have it on Xbox and find online matches pretty quickly. This is the main reason they should have added crossplay.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Reprise

@GuruOfGreatness I am not sure to be honest. I bought the game on PS5 and would have liked to have tried the online, but PS+ isn't something I really want to pay for right now (I had an entire year given with my console when I bought it and rarely cared about the free games and didn't really use online much).

I just know people on Reddit and on other social media pages have been complaining about it sadly.

It will probably get revitalised a bit when the Stadium Stampede mode and other DLC launches. Hopefully anyways. Power Rangers Battle For The Grid used to get quite dead online, but then would get busier again whenever DLC or significant updates dropped.

Reprise

Magician

Pimp it hard, Tony.

But...the biggest wrastlin' show of all-time?

Weren't there around 100k smarks at Wrestlemania III?

Edit: 78k at Wrestlemania III...allegedly.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of May 20th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician good ol’ Vince have said that the attendance figures at WWE events are part of the “entertainment” so they are have always been inflated whist AEW are getting it verified so even if WWE actually had a bigger attendance it won’t count as they’d never let anyone look at official proof and undo their history of lies.

I’ve got my tixs for All In and I looking forward to chanting things the American watching audience won’t understand.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@jump

Blimey!

Please don't tell me you're going to get super drunk, do one's nut in, like a numpty?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of May 20th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician of course I am! I’m even gonna turn up drunk, I’ve booked a boozy brunch in the morning where it’s all you can eat and drink then I will head to the stadium. I’m fairness I will probably stop drinking once I’m at Wembley as a pint was £8.50 last time I went!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

NintendoByNature

@jump all you can eat and drink events never turn out great lol. For My 30th we went on a beer and brat boat tour and both were all you can eat/drink. I barely made it that day 🤣. Have fun though, I'm pb and jelly!

NintendoByNature

jump

@NintendoByNature Ah see there’s a trick to it, just avoid the bread as it’s too heavy. Keep to protein and fats based foods as they will keep you sober whilst you’re drinking.

Cheers, I fully plan to!

Nicolai wrote:

Reprise

I am super hyper for All In (not going sadly, but will be buying the PPV).

I want to try this Stadium Stampede mode. It's live right now guys and looks wild from what I have seen on Reddit (it's live on at least XBox and PlayStation, not sure about Switch, but assume it is).

Reprise

MeatSauce

The latest update causes weird screen glitches and they still haven’t fix the shuttering & freezing. I tried the stadium stampede but the controls are awful & wrestling fortnite isn’t very appealing to me. I wish they would focus on improving the game instead of all this gimmicky crap.

The 1st match I did after the update ended in a count out because my cpu opponent got stuck in the stairs.

MeatSauce

Tasuki

So with Punk being fired I am wondering are they going to have a patch to remove him from the game?

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

jump

@Tasuki why? Removing him is a headline making statement when they want to get out of the CM Punk news cycle now.

Plus it would pee fans of they are removing content and Cody is in the game despite being in WWE.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

@jump The only reason I could see them is if CM Punk has issues with it. While I don't think AEW will have a problem, who knows if Punk will.

My Backlog

jump

So this game is meant to be supported for the long term rather than yearly 2K type releases right? That should mean another season pass coming/announced soon once Hookhausen is out next month. Hopefully the next pass is better value than £25 for 6 wrestlers with some mini games.

Just having a look who’s missing and there’s Blackpool Combat Club (Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta), The Acclaimed and Daddy Ass, The Outcasts (Saraya and Toni Storm), House Of Black (Buddy Mathews, Julia Hart and Brody King), Bullet Club Gold (Jay White, Juice Robinson) plus Aussie Open would make some nice wave releases in the factions like the last season pass. Then you still have some big names like Samoa Joe, Jamie Hayter, Swerve, Konosuke Takeshita, Athena, Marina Shafir and Mercedes Martinez.

I’m being very sad and set up my own G1 Climax style league (even got a spreadsheet for it!) and I wanted to do one for the Women’s and Tag division too but there’s not enough wrestlers for it and the CAW is too limited.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

@jump I know the Acclaimed is coming at some point, Max Caster said on Twitter a few months ago when they got scanned for the game.

My Backlog

jump

@Tasuki good news! Tbh I’m surprised they weren’t included since they are so prominent and over in the tag division.

I really want Samoa Joe and Swerve Strickland plus more women wrestlers in general added to the game.

Nicolai wrote:

Reprise

@Tasuki @jump Don't get your hopes up too much for the Acclaimed. The lead PR manager for THQNordic (whatever their real title is) said that they jumped the gun telling people on Twitter they had been scanned and their inclusion isn't a done deal. They said it's normal to scan lots of guys and they haven't yet decided if everyone will eventually make the cut.

I also wouldn't get your hopes up for the game's future. Most people act like the game sucks nad that it bombed. The number of people playing online dropped off hard after a week and even Stadium Stampede didn't really regain much interest.

I can see them just abandoning the game after this first season's content is done.

It would be a shame though. I disagree with the "consensus" I mentioned above and think the game is awesome. It does need more content though.

Firstly, I want free updates. Nothing fancy, but how about they give us the match types that are in Road To Elite mode, but inexplicably aren't available as Exhibition matches? E.g. Gauntlet match, handicap matches, multi-man lights out and ladder matches (anything else I have forgotten?). In addition, basic match modifiers would be nice, so you can choose whether to have submission only finishes, rope breaks on and off and other fairly standard options.

Some new match types wouldn't go a miss either. I think Iron Man and I Quit matches should be easy to add. A cage match would be more work, but I really think the game needs one. Blood and Guts would be the dream, but I can't see that happening, especially as they chose 4 wrestlers on screen for a reason.

Some new arenas would be cool. Collision would be the bare minimum, but All In if they can convincingly recreate the feeling of Wembley Stadium even slightly would be amazing.

As for wrestlers, yeah, I really want Samoa Joe and Swerve Strickland too.

Reprise

Tasuki

I honestly can see The Acclaimed coming at some point especially since they are currently the Trios Champs, that and their popularity alone will get them in. I believe Anthony (Bowens) said that when they did the first run of scans, it was during the time he was injured and wanted to wait to he was recovered to get scanned for the game.

@jump Somoa Joe and Swerve would be great additions, kinda surprised they didn't add Swerve when they added Keith Lee. I also really want them to add Jamie Hayter as well.

My Backlog

jump

@Reprise that’s a shame, I’d rather have a season pass DLC to update the roster than yearly buying an almost identical game like 2k.

@Tasuki they really need to release Jamie Hayter as a CAW is almost impossible, I can’t get her hair right and she is missing moves.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic