Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 2,639

scubydo

Hey guys, mind if I join? I am looking for some older gamers to play. Is there a way to categorize my friends list on the switch so that those who add me from this forum I can mark as in this "group"? If that makes any sense. I don't have too many multiplayer games, but I do have the essential ones.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Fafounet

@xNo1Hatedx Great thanks! It's a great little community that we have here. Makes playing online oh so worthwhile and fun!

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Fafounet

@kosmaty yes I am too! I found that I enjoyed Gwent in The Witcher 3 way more than I should have. And a Elder Scrolls card game should be good fun

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Lroy

scubydo wrote:

Hey guys, mind if I join? I am looking for some older gamers to play. Is there a way to categorize my friends list on the switch so that those who add me from this forum I can mark as in this "group"? If that makes any sense. I don't have too many multiplayer games, but I do have the essential ones.

The only filtering system I can see on the Switch Friends lists is 'favourite'. So you could, if you felt the need, add us from this group as favourites?

EDIT: I strongly recommend joining the Adult Switch Gamers Discord that @knownaslethal set-up for us and @NaviandMii oversees. He - @NaviandMii - has a link to it in his forum sig.

I was very sceptical about joining up to yet another app/forum/thingy - having never tried Discord myself before. However, it is really, really easy and super useful. I instant message chat with the fellas from this thread on there daily.

Plus, it is a great way to arrange and manage our weekly Game Nights. It supports both text chat and voice chat to suit your needs.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

meppi64

@Fisheh
I hope you don't mind me asking, but you didn't happen to own a small Japanese import store in Belgium during the mid-90's by any chance?

I recognise the username from many years ago, but I see you're in the UK, so it's probably just a coincidence. But I have a ton of great memories about that place as it helped me get deep into the Japanese import gaming scene, especially the Sega Saturn, so I had to ask.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

andykara2003

Would someone mind explaining to me the benefits of using Guilded? I'm not entirely sure what it's function is yet - does it play a necessary role for when we get together for online play?

Unrelated, I have this topic set as 'watched' on the site - but is there a way of getting email notifications of even better, phone notifications when new posts turn up here?

Edited on by andykara2003

Switch friend code : SW-2186-1426-3518

Nintendo Network ID: Andykara2003

NaviAndMii

@andykara2003 We don't really use Guilded too much It has an up to date calendar, so you can see what events are happening and when - and we might use it for votes (and maybe a few other things) in future - but, generally speaking, here and Discord are the main places

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

andykara2003

@NaviAndMii Nice one, thanks for that and I don't suppose there's the possibility of setting up a phone or email alert for this thread?

Edited on by andykara2003

Lroy

andykara2003 wrote:

@NaviAndMii Nice one, thanks for that and I don't suppose there's the possibility of setting up a phone or email alert for this thread?

I think you need to select 'watch topic'. That should send you an email notification if a post is then made here? Unless you have turned-off email notifications under your account settings on NintendoLife?

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Fisheh

@meppi64 No not guilty 😁 I originally used Fish online for games , mirc etc, but getting that name is impossible today so various versions of it I use now .

Fisheh

andykara2003

@Lroy Nice one, thanks - I didn't have "When you have some content that might interest me" checked in settings. Hopefully this'll resolve it

meppi64

@Fisheh ah, it was a long shot.
Would be surprised to see him on a Nintendo site of all places as he was a hardcore Sega fanboy.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

kosmaty

@Fafounet Nice
If you start playing before ESL comes to Switch, feel free to add me to friends on Bethesda account - kosmaty666

kosmaty

mauhlin12

@scubydo Welcome! Sent you a friend request as well.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Fafounet

@scubydo welcome and added!

Praise the Switch!

Fafounet

@kosmaty I'll probably wait until the game becomes available on Switch, but looking forward to some online games!

Praise the Switch!

SonOfVon

this tuesday it's puyo puyo tetris time at 9:30pm CET (I think I got the time right, somebody correct me if not). I'll be hosting, the pass is gonna be 1234

Edited on by SonOfVon

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord  Guilded 

NaviAndMii

Just posted the latest event schedule (see 'Events' in my signature for details) - this weeks games are Mario Kart (today), Puyo Puyo Tetris, ARMS and Fortnite - hopefully see a few of you there! Cheers!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

SuperJoon

There is a good chance ill have a new Switch this week. The gaming gods maybe smiling upon me....

NNID: SuperJoon | PSN: KingJoonToon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic