Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 2,614

Fafounet

@Lroy Thanks! Taking from you and @NaviAndMii

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Lroy

@Fafounet I could never do any of this video capture wizardry. Not on Twitter for a start, lol! This forum and our Discord are more than enough to occupy my aging grey matter 😂

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Fafounet

@Lroy Good one!!! was not on twitter nor Facebook either, but just created an twitter account for this purpose, and got the lowdown from @NaviAndMii as to how to post videos. Voila!

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Zkibu

Thanks everyone for the games. I had a bit of luck on my side. Never played before the battle modes and some of them were hilarious. Shine Thief and the Police thing are absolutely crazy fun games.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

@Fafounet Well done 😎

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

wasilewski

@Fafounet I don't have it installed, but am downloading now and will set up an account. Cheers.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

meppi64

@Fafounet My guerrilla tactics would have worked, if I had the skill to actually pull them off successfully!

Also, seriously people. Buy Lumines!
It's a must have, especially on a handheld.
It kept me up till 4AM last night and I know the games inside out from back on PSP.
If it was an exclusive, it would be a system seller.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Fafounet

@meppi64 how different is it from the vita version? I used to own the latter and enjoyed it, but wondering if it is worth getting again on the switch

Praise the Switch!

meppi64

@Fafounet It's a direct port from the PSP version as far as I can tell. With a couple more bells and whistles. Perhaps a couple more skins, but I'm not sure right now.

I have to say that I have all versions of Lumines that came out as far as I know and the Vita version was my least favourite.
I need to go back and see exactly why, but it didn't click with me like the older ones. It was still good, mind.
So I'm glad they went back to the original.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

Oh and be sure to try it in portable mode, because there is where it really shines.
Headphones on and the HD rumble pulsing along with the music.
I tried disconnecting the Joycons yesterday in bed and putting the system on my lap, playing with my hands laying besides me like I love to play Pinball in bed.
It's absolute perfection to play like that.

meppi64

Fafounet

@meppi64 ok thanks. Will give it a go then! Sounds like right down my alley. Loved some of the music on the previous iterations.

Praise the Switch!

meppi64

@Fafounet It's a really strange beast, just like many of Mizuguchi's games, when you really get into it, it seems to play itself while you float away into a dreamlike state. Or how they officially call it, the flow-state.
Really odd.
Lumines, Rez, Meteos and even Sega Rally 1995 has this.
So if it doesn't immediately clicks, don't dispair. Just play on, get into the rhythm of the game, let the music take over as well as the vibrations and slip away till you start forgetting you're playing a game.
Before you know it, it'll be 2 or 3 hours later.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Fafounet

@meppi64 you're selling it very well. Definitely should consider a career in video games marketing (if that is not already the case!)

Praise the Switch!

meppi64

@Fafounet Hehe, I'm just passionate about the things I love.
And especially when it comes to some of the things that aren't really mainstream and thus get overlooked most of the time, despite them being on par, and at many times superior to the big budget titles that sell missions.

Not sure if a job like that would really fit me though.
I might end up going:
"You know this game we're about to put out? Yeah, well it's not terrible, but you're so much better of buying this slammer title from our competitor, which is far superior in just about every way. Now let you go into a detailed explanation why their game is so much better!"

I don't think that would fly for long.

meppi64

SonOfVon

I'll be hosting puyo puyo tetris in about 5-10 minutes, so come on by if you wanna play

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord  Guilded 

wasilewski

Puyo Puyo Tetris was great fun tonight, thanks to @meppi64 and @hybridseed and some other mystery player.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

hybridseed

@wasilewski Thanks for the games, and stiff competition!

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

hybridseed

@meppi64 Can you or someone else lend me £13.49 til pay day please... I'm good for it honestly😉

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

meppi64

@hybridseed send me your PayPal email via discord

meppi64

OldSchool88

I'm an old fart (37) so I guess I'll fit right in with the rest of you playing your switches at the local nursing home.

Code: 7566-5896-4579
Fortnite name: Who-Dey_KY

OldSchool88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic