Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 2,108

Ryu_Niiyama

I’ve had Kylie Minogue’s Tension album on repeat for the past two days.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Nancyboy

@Ryu_Niiyama I’m wholly unfamiliar with her. Gonna hafta check it out.

Been Neotropic and Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis/Johnny Griffin Quintet the last few days. And going back to R.E.M., Monster and New Adventures in Hi-Fi reissues.

Nancyboy

Ryu_Niiyama

@Nancyboy I would recommend the albums Fever, Light Years, Aphrodite, Disco and Tension as the Kylie starter pack. She is known as the Princess of Pop (Madonna is the Queen of Pop) although sadly Madonna and Kylie fans sometimes still get into petty fights for no damn reason. The actual singers like each other. Basically her primary genre is Dance Pop with a hard disco influence (Kylie is 55 so it’s in her roots but like Madonna she dabbles in other genres than her base).

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

OctolingKing13

All the Taylor all the time as usual, been into Kate Bush lately and Miley Cyrus’ Plastic Hearts. Also been getting back into Travis Scott’s UTOPIA

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Nancyboy

@Ryu_Niiyama Right on. Thanks, Ryu. And why do people fight over dumb crap like that? Well, I know, and used to be kind of a dope myself, but it’s still a big enough world for everyone to enjoy themselves in peace.

Gonna get political, so I’m backing off. Thanks again.

Edited on by Nancyboy

Nancyboy

skywake

I've updated my "music shuffling" algorithm again slightly. Now in addition to pulling from a list of selected tracks it also compiles from a bunch of spotify auto-playlists. So there are two pools of tracks there. Both of them are mixed together after I exclude tracks based on how many times I've played them and when I last played them (more plays? longer gaps)

I also exclude from that playlist any tracks in my "top last year" playlist (one of the ones in my signature) and also any tracks from my most played artist over the last two months. Or if I've added the song to a playlist within the last month. So what I end up with an automatically generated playlist that favours tracks I haven't played as much and tries to avoid repeating

Some highlights from the last week:

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ryu_Niiyama

Just got my latest Perfume haul. Their latest single moon is soo fricken good! Also their new calendar was worth every yen.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Sisilly_G

Loving this at the moment...

Daryl Hall & John Oates - Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid

Especially the latter half of the song, beginning at 2:57.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

GalaxicGlobe

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

Ryu_Niiyama

Dangit Kylie Minogue got me again. Her extended mix to her new album is vinyl only...so now I gotta buy a fricken record player...sigh. But I've gotten so much work done. Means I also gotta redo my AV setup...again.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

GrailUK

Been listening to some surf rock.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@Tayrailbridge No! But I do now!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

CaleBoi25

I think I omly listen to gaming OSTs and orchestral music lol!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Jhena

This song is so relaxing and soothing. In general Mario Galaxy's soundtrack is heavenly.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic