Forums

Topic: Touching the DS Screen with Your Fingers...

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

BleachFan

Who here does this? I don't know why, but I can't stand the thought of smudging my DSi screen. I do ocassionally press on my DS lite every now and then...
I mean, usually when I get "used" to having the system, I'm fine with touching it with my hands. However, I'm reaching up to a year with my DSi and I still cringe when my friends check it out with their smudgy little fingers.

Am I the only one who's bothered by stuff like this?

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

y2josh

Smudgies drive me crazy

y2josh

ReZon

I never use my fingers. Bleh. Some game manuals actually tell you to use your finger/thumb on the touch screen too. No thanks.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

cheapogamer4life

I find myself doing this quite alot actually. I also have a screen protector on my touch screen so the thought of messing anything up never crosses my mind.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

edhe

I sometimes find myself occasionally tapping the touchscreen with my finger nails.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

SuperPeach

It always bugs me to see all the smudges on a used system. I went to trade in my DS lite (because I got a DSi) and the person behind the counter had to test it before they'd buy it, I'm extremely careful with my systems the sceen was smudge-less, and he put a game in and turned it on and used his finger to tap the screen i cringed watching it.

SuperPeach

theblackdragon

what roops said, lol -- sometimes you're in the middle of something and need a stylus for like two seconds, but since you're moving quick you just don't have the time to take it out or patience to keep it in your hand while you play with the buttons the rest of the time. i've got screen protectors too, and smudges just wipe away, so it's no big deal :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Vander

I only do in Pinball Pulse (DSiWare, great game) because the tilt is controlled with the touch screen and I don't have time to get the stylus out in time so I use my finger to tilt if needed, I do find that my DSi recognizes my fingernail more than my whole finger though, but other than Pinball Pulse I don't use my finger as a stylus. Only when needed.

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

BleachFan

@Roopa&TBD: I totally understand those scenarios. Still, I actually find myself having my stylus in hand as I play...It's inconvenient, but it keeps me sane.

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

cheapogamer4life

SuperPeach wrote:

It always bugs me to see all the smudges on a used system. I went to trade in my DS lite (because I got a DSi) and the person behind the counter had to test it before they'd buy it, I'm extremely careful with my systems the sceen was smudge-less, and he put a game in and turned it on and used his finger to tap the screen i cringed watching it.

Hmmm, Gamestop maybe?
Once I went their to see what they had for their Download and play section. I wasnt to sure how it worked so I give my DSi to the guy at Gamestop. Yea, he didnt bother to use the stylus either. Lucky I had protection! My Screen protection on I mean..

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

iphys

I hate having monkey grease all over my screen. Drives me crazy when they force you to get out the stylus to navigate when the rest of a game is played with the buttons.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Funky_Gamer

I just use my fingernail if I cant find the stylus (which is almost never) but NEVER the tip of my finger...

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I do it once in awhile if I'm lazy. Otherwise, no.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Percentful

I like pinpoint accuracy, which is why I always use my finger stylus, and I hate playing games on an Ipod touch.
Smudges are bad, too. :3
EDIT: Oh my gosh, that has got to be the worst typo I've ever made.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

jdarrell

Eh? Am I the only one that cleans it with one of those rags that you can use on glasses that are washable and under a dollar? If I really cared i suppose I could spray some of my monitor cleaner on it too.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.