Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2023

Posts 201 to 220 of 221

Snatcher

Yeah it made a lot of sense for it to win. I think all the games there aside from RE four deserved to be there.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

StarPoint

GOTY seems absolutely deserved. Haven’t played it yet but it seems like an incredibly high-quality game. Really glad that TOTK, Wonder, and even Pikmin 4 won their own awards, too.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Jalex_64

Oh well. Here's to better luck in 6 years, fellow Zelda fans.. 🥂

Jalex_64

FishyS

Kinda surprised BG3 won both Player's voice and GotY since those are usually different. Apparently Genshin devs didn't bribe hard enough. 😝

I'm glad Mario and Zelda at least won their token categories. And the Pikmin 4 win is fun.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

FawfulsFury

As expected Nintendo had a lot at the awards this year

FawfulsFury

FawfulsFury

I’m disappointed the totk didn’t win but it better than the whining that would have happened if bg3 lost

FawfulsFury

Sunsy

@Fizza Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi having new games in the works was not on my bingo card tonight.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Vortexeo

This years show was pretty good tbh! Flute guy killed it again this year

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Grumblevolcano

I think overall the show was good (lots of interesting stuff particularly on PS5) though it was very odd and a bit disappointing that Nintendo had no announcements, not even something like a FrostyFest trailer for Splatoon 3. It does give me the impression that we'll get a January Direct instead of a February Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Vortexeo

@Grumblevolcano Honestly I do agree with you. I was fascinated by all the reveals but I didn't realize how few of them are actually going to be on switch until I saw the article lol.

Playstation was really popping off, FF16 DLC today and then God of War free DLC next week is crazy.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

NintendoByNature

I'll buy BG3 in a week or so. I'm very skeptical itll be better than totk but I'll give it an honest shake. I just don't see how any game can push the envelope the way totk did for me.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano every year we tend so say that though. So it's not all that surprising ya know? Nintendo hasn't done much of anything at TGA for years.

NintendoByNature

HeeHo

Anyone else feel the show was oddly paced this year? The winners seemed to get no time at all while everything else took priority.

HeeHo

FishyS

@HeeHo I agree but I also liked the fact winners didn't get much time because that gets very dull.

FishyS

IceClimbers

Nintendo having nothing to announce didn't surprise me honestly. I don't think they have all that much left to announce for Switch 1 specifically (all the big stuff is Switch 2), and what little they do have they'll want to save for the February Direct.

Big takeaway from the announcements is that more and more games are skipping Switch, especially Japanese ones. Switch 2 is absolutely needed next year. Like I mentioned before, I think a lot of those games will be announced for Switch 2 soon after the system is revealed.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

WoomyNNYes

IceClimbers wrote:

Big takeaway from the announcements is that more and more games are skipping Switch, especially Japanese ones. Switch 2 is absolutely needed next year. Like I mentioned before, I think a lot of those games will be announced for Switch 2 soon after the system is revealed.

Agreed. Lack-of-Switch last night was hard to miss.

Also thought there's no way that Crazy Taxi is coming to the current Switch.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

DiamondCore

Honestly, this might be the worst TGA presentation ever

Not because the lack of Nintendo, that was a given, but the fact that almost every single game was either a dull FPS hyperrealistic shooter or anime game, there is almost no variety, it felt for a while that the same trailer was being played over and over again.
And on top of that, Geoff just rushed through like 80% of the awards, it felt like only 5 out of like 30 of the award categories involved an onstage winner reveal.

Also, there were way too many developer interviews, like 1/4 of the runtime alone is probably Geoff asking developers basic questions before a world premiere.

Edited on by DiamondCore

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

FishyS

@DiamondCore I wonder what the right balance is. Personally I hate long award speeches. I also hate it when they artificially create suspense rather than just saying the winners. So even though it felt really odd I actually l liked that they rushed through the actual awards.

A different host would be nice though. Also... please remove all muppets. 😑

I think I liked like 6 or 7 of the game ads which was more than I liked last year, but I agree there are far too many boring looking pseudo-hyperealistic games.

FishyS

Anti-Matter

@FishyS
I think the award made for the heartless Western peoples who have interest with evil rated 18+ games.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic