Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,701 to 32,720 of 36,747

NintendoByNature

Tgif let me tell you people. Such a long week. Enjoying a nice Peroni, and soon enough I'll be diving into stranger things 3 the game to cap that off. I love the feeling of finishing a game. Just means an all new adventure is on the horizon. Guess my only question is, do i start on bloodstained RoTN before the updates hit. Or wait? I can always dive into messenger dlc in the meantime. Only played the 1st level. Then again, my minds been thinking of some good Mario maker levels I need to create. So many great options😊. As long as works done with, I'll play anything.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Cheers my friend. I’m clinking an Elysian Space Dust. A well earned vacation begins for you then. Hope it’s a great one, and you’re able to put the phone away, ignore the job and your clients, and make the most of your time off. You know, if you got your ninja sword out again, you could probably finish the DLC by Sunday. I read in the update article on the main page that some of the folks who beat the game near launch last year had to replay the last boss.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama Nah, only my mom’s side in Oklahoma still runs the business.

@NEStalgia I mean, I do work for a behavioral health agency... now my grandpa on the other hand. He had the business, and a flower shop, and ran an ambulance service. Talk about covered bases.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Help, BeanoWild keep trolling me to not consider Pokemon Sword / Shield all the time

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

I see you held a higher opinion of the dev, I immediately doubted they got the licence to the music at all.

I personally have it downloaded, simply because I have all my wiiu downloads installed always.

Never know when will they disappear from that server.

My comment was pretty tongue-in-cheek, though I suppose the dev obtaining the licensing in some way isn't completely improbable. XD

By "serviceable", I meant that most of the games functioned and weren't BAD, but I definitely wouldn't have paid money for the collection. Both the haunted house and zombie ones though...ugh. The haunted house one was boring, the musical track was too loud, and it in general felt generic. The zombie infestation one seemed to kill your character randomly.

@HobbitGamer Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but I don't care for Crystal Reports in general. As for SQL, I do a lot of basic stuff in Microsoft SQL Server almost daily. XD I'm pretty proficient up to an intermediate level, but some complex JOIN statements give me issues.

@Ryu_Niiyama While I won't pretend that I know what you've been through (from what I've gleaned from the last page or so), I have a bit of an idea about the awkward stares. I had Lasik done early last week and, while the procedure went perfectly, my left eye was subjected to some bruising. I can see fine for the most part, but the busted blood vessels made it look very, VERY red; it's an uncommon but harmless complication. It's finally clearing out, but I was careful to wear sunglasses around kids for the first few days even when indoors. I look like I was involved in a fist fight.

Anyway, I hope people generally don't make a big deal about it. I honestly try not to judge people or stare when I see them out in public as I know nothing about their problems or why they may look or act a certain way. I'm a very courteous person and am not afraid to ask if someone needs help with something though.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Wii U VC), Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee thanks my man. I appreciate it. And I'll prob leave the phone in the cabin when we go out. Well do some fishing, maybe rent a pontoon. Bbq, make Smores for the kids. Stuff like that. My parents are coming with and it's a Shame my dad doesn't drink at all. There are little bars in each cabin. Wouldve been cool if my brother came but he opted out. He and I usually have fun sharing a few beers together. Wouldve made for fun night caps.

As for dlc I think I'll give it a shot. No sense in starting a 12-15 campaign tonight in bloodstained then coming back a week later. Like I said though I might make a level tonight. You haven't gotten mm2 have You? I'm normally not the creative type but it really is fun designing levels. Fun for the kiddos too. Mine make a new level every 20 seconds though. Almost every one of them is 3d world and tubes flying all over. No enemies just tubes lol.

I'll prob miss NL chit chat thread over vaca so dont have too much fun while I'm out. I think ill be somewhat close to @Tyranexx actually 😊

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Ooo that all sounds really fun!! Hope you all have a fantastic time!

@Tyranexx Yeah, CR can really get stupid. And the CR Viewer isn’t user friendly if you’re not savvy, which sort of defeats the purpose for my execs to have it. I’m stuck with it because Netsmart is our vendor for our entire EMR system (clinical workstation and practice management, myAvatar), and anything that isn’t a canned report is built around the CR structure. Could we get our vendor to work on a different solution? Likely. Will my IT director do it? ....I just got a new report loaded in yesterday that was requested by an executive back in October.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer thanks hob. My ultimate goal is to catch some walleye or crappie and beer batter em. Or just catch anything lol. I mean really .. I've gotten skunked on fishing trips the last couple years

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I might have some idea of where you're heading then. I hope that you and your family have fun! Hopefully those fish aren't TOO difficult to catch. Can't say I've ever had crappie, but walleye are pretty delicious.

@HobbitGamer Ouch. I haven't messed around in CR much, but I really didn't like what I found. Eh, sounds like you gotta make the best out of that situation.

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer that is just so many kinds of wrong...... It's no wonder you ended up so messed up you like pineapple pizza.....

@Anti-Matter ignore it. Pokemon is now an official hot button trigger word on nl. People are going to rage and take it out on people who like it. You're going to see a lot of that here into December. It's the new normal. Pokemon "fans" seem to hate everything Pokemon now. Most of us regulars here are looking forward to it, but it's safe to ignore the comment section troublemakers.... They will be so over every Pokemon article for 2019.

@thanosrexxx well we agree on the problem and solution mostly. Our only disagreement is that you feel humans are beyond the natural cycle and need to be culled as a result. I believe that humans and the essential cyclic culling are the natural cycle and it's very much part of nature.

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

Morpheel wrote:

I added spongebob to the thumbnail of my latest Mario Maker 2 level and it was played almost immediately.

Clickbait does work!

What ?
How ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Or maybe it’s because I’m so right? 😛

@Tyranexx I get my payback in my own ways. Ohhhh, you’re debugging something? Sure hope nobody....runs 10 data threads at once from an outlying county... sends email to eight county sites, asking for heavily polled data

@Morpheel Queue the level comments about clickbait. I’d do it myself, but I’m about to start Xeodrifter

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Haha, awesome! It's a shame you can't subtly kill everything completely down to just one thread in some way, but that'd be a bit more noticeable than what you're doing. XD

I'll have to see if my new job will let me run an April Fool's joke in the software I work on next year, but I kinda doubt it.

NintendoByNature

Yay I beat stranger things 3. It was decent. Nothing special. Serious difficulty spikes though

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Sorry but I'm not a mod anymore so can't do anything. Just put the sucka on 'Ignore'.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I don't believe humans should be "culled" at all. That misunderstanding probably came into being somewhere along the line, when I sarcastically mentioned an actual glove snap not being such a bad idea.

We DO need to change our ways, though. And not just for the planet and ourselves, but also for the generations to come. The way that things are going, we still won't be able to do long distance space travel in the once expected generation. Back in the day, they had all these wonderful visions of the 21st century, and practically none of them have come true.

As for us humans: it's also not about being beyond the natural cycle, but they are outside of the natural cycle, because of all the previously mentioned reasons. The process of a natural cycle is literally a unified whole, where one species provides for the other, and the next provides for the following and so on, and so on. A continuous cycle of interdependence, if you will.

Just think of the most obvious example: animals and plants helping each other out by the animals spreading the seeds of the plants throughout nature, and the plants providing various kinds of sustenance to the animals. There is no such example when it comes to humans and nature. And I mean actual nature, not farmlands or anything. Which, by the way, is also an artificially made environment.

We don't provide for any other animal or plant in the essential meaning of the word, which is to keep the natural cycle going. As such, we are no longer a part of it. Pets and life stock don't count, by the way, seeing those are all artificially sustained cycles...

So, natural beings, yes. Even still very much a part of the animal kingdom (to clarify: as a class, not as a contributing factor), by the very definition of us being mammals. But part of nature's cycle, absolutely not. It isn't an opinion, and it isn't about what we believe or not, it's about the facts.

I do have a suspicion that your definition of nature's cycle and nature are more or less one and the same, but they're not, and that might be part of the whole misunderstanding. If you're saying that we're part of nature, then I'd partially agree.

Seeing as we are living, breathing organisms, we can't be anything other than natural, so in that respect, we are a part of nature, but again: we're not contributing in any meaningful way (if at all), to nature's natural cycle and/or it's food chain. And not just because we are an apex predator (we're actually nothing even remotely like that), because even those give at least something back to nature...

Some interesting reading material on the topic:

https://www.humansandnature.org/what-happens-when-we-see-ours...

https://www.humansandnature.org/nature-as-the-law-within-us

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2015/05/25/are-people-part-of-...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

If I poop outdoors, I’m fertilizing. So there’s that. If I dump a body in the water, I’m feeding fish. Oh! That’s it!! Instead of burying people, we’ll just start dropping them in the ocean! Or, use them as fuel. Crisis averted, you’re welcome.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic