Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,721 to 31,740 of 36,821

Heavyarms55

@Ninfan The Gamecube is region locked but you can get around that if you have the right know how. There are guides on Youtube that explain it far better than I could.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Luna_110

@Knuckles-Fajita
With so many things plus the Switch upcoming releases I’d say you are set until after August. That’s going to be one big backlog!
I didn’t know Spyro had GBA games, though.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Ninfan

@Heavyarms55 that's great thanks

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

HobbitGamer

@Morpheel 😛 Nope. Just a typical quiet Thursday evening here.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

Listen, there’s a video I need you to watch, it’s somethin you’re gonna hate.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

Bimmy. You’ve killed me. I’m dead.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

People have killed us Hobbit. Why is everything so dang funny???

limby-bee was a jerk.

RedderRugfish

@Knuckles-Fajita Who told you they're rare? I just checked ebay and the GBA Spyro games are like $10 at most, even in PAL regions.

And yeah, Digital Eclipse was doing quite a bit in the GBA days. They also did Phantasy Star Collection, a handful of Disney games, etc

@Morpheel Spyro Orange is one of the most mediocre games I've ever played in my life. Not bad, not good, just extremely mediocre. Kinda feels like it may have been aimed at younger kids, since it's pretty easy, short, and not complex in any way.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

StableInvadeel

Easy?

This game leads you into believing you’re gonna see the last part of the story, and then it throws a “lol go back and play each mini game again three more times to unlock this door!” at your face.

I never felt that betrayed by a game.

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Finished replaying Pokémon Platinum. I take it back, Gen 4 was pretty hard. I was only over leveled for like 1 gym, and for the entire game was either equal to or under leveled compared to everyone else. I thought USUM were pretty challenging but dang. I forgot the terror of having to stock up on Full Restores and Revives to survive against the Elite 4. Cynthia was like 10 levels higher than me consistently. Bless Mantine for stalling out her Garchomp and Torterra for managing to survive atleast 1 hit from most Pokémon.

Glad Pokemon has sped up in the newer games, level grinding is absurdly slow in Gen 4

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Anti-Matter

@-Green-
So, No EXP share on Pokemon Platinum ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

RedderRugfish

@Anti-Matter No, Platinum definitely had an EXP share. But it's the old style EXP share where it divides the EXP evenly between Pokemon rather than just duplicating the EXP.

I sure said EXP a lot in that post.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Knuckles-Fajita

@Luna_110 I want to be set until at least September. Astral Chain, Links Awakening, Spyro and Dragon Quest...

@ReaderRagfish I dont use eBay, and other sites aren't holding the games. I'll nab em eventually though.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan You could always try and locate a Freeloader disc for the GameCube. That's an official way of playing out of region games on your GameCube, without having to mess with the console itself.

EDIT:
Here you go, found it already...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Direct-Ltd-FreeLoader-GameCube...
Better get it while it lasts, seeing as they've only got one left in stock.

If the Freeloader disc does happen to be sold out for some reason, you can also buy an Action Replay disc, which comes with the FreeLoader program on the disc as well:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Action-Replay-Gamecube/dp/B000...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

Ah... yesterday was one of those rare good days when, for someone like me, all sides win:
I am currently following the 2019 Women's Soccer World Cup, and on the same day both the Dutch and the Americans won their respective matches, both ending up being the number 1 team in their own groups.

Pretty decent and enjoyable matches too. Not quite up to par yet with men's soccer, but getting closer each year. So, congrats to my fellow Americans, and congrats to any resident Dutch soccer fans.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if either one of these teams end up becoming the world champion. Which would be fine by me, because I appreciate both teams and countries, for obvious reasons.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Nice. I’ve been glancing at the scores, but I haven’t watched any matches. I know the US women are pretty formidable. Could the Dutch and Americans face off in the finals? My knowledge is woefully inept when it comes to the game itself, and also how a tournament like the World Cup is organized.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yes they could. Would be one hell of a match. The Dutch are the European Champions right now, and have really started to come into their own over the course of the group stage, but the USA does seem to have the best team right now, at least from the matches I've seen so far, in the initial group stages. Today, there's no matches, and after that, the real matches will start. The numbers 3 and 4 of each group will play against each other for the consolation price, and the best two of each group of four will start to take each other on, until only two are left to play the final game for the cup.

As for how the tournament is organized, that's not all that complicated: all the national teams play friendly matches first, which get them a rating, and after that, they play several rounds of qualification matches over the course of a year, in which you must win a certain number of matches, in order to qualify for the group stages of the World Championship.

So, say they need to play a total of 10 matches, then they would have to win at least half of them. More would obviously be better, but as long as your remaining matches are draws and not losses, you can still enter the preliminary rounds/group stages of the Championship itself.

NintendoByNature

Stupid question again. If i download a Wii game on the wii u eshop. Does it download to my Wii u storage? I had a usb stick all my eshop games download to, and i have a sd card in my Wii u when i did the Wii to Wii u transfer, but where does the game download to? Just wondering In case I need to upgrade the sd card as it's not that big

Edit: nevermind I figured it out

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Vinny

Ate two McChickens and 10 McNuggets today
That's a lot of chicken

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic