Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,541 to 31,560 of 96,534

NintendoByNature

Dudes..... I've been hungry. Drove half way around Illinois today with no lunch

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer Snicker. Chicken no. If you had said raw octopus then we would have a party.

LOL lady asked about my sharingan today. I have to remember that I say it is a contact (I'm a terrible liar but this is for my safety and sanity) and for like two seconds I almost took it out and handed to her. lol The horrible thoughts amputees have to mess with others.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee I really don't understand the phenomenon. It's the only food that has that problem. Other oven food doesn't. Searing food off the grill doesn't (unless it's a frozen pizza on the grill). Real pizza doesn't do it. Those fajitas/tandoori food served with the cast iron skillet AS YOUR PLATE while it's still sizzling with a column of steam doesn't do it.

ONLY frozen pizza even 3 hours after it's out of the oven does it. I don't know that it's heat. I think it's a chemical reaction between saliva and whatever they put in those things.....

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - That’s a great way to pull in a haul of them, I’ve only caught them by hand. I’ve only eaten them a few times at restaurants, and my dad got them from a store a couple times and did what he called a Hoosier country boil with sweet corn, potatoes, and carrots. I found a blue/grey one once and kept it in an aquarium, but it really didn’t do much at all. Just kinda hid under a rock 20 hrs a day. Kinda crazy to see one crawling across your porch. Must have been on a serious mission, or Jack found a playmate.

@ThanosReXXX - Yeah, a tongue bite is awful, especially a second time around. That’s instant and immediate pain. Oh man, the Jackass guys sure were a slice of exxxtreme early 00s culture. I haven’t thought of them in a while. I watched the show, and the first movie. Did a couple stupid stunts of my own, but nothing too crazy. I remember Steve-O was my favorite, and I really enjoyed when he got a tattoo while riding in a dune buggy over sand moguls. Pretty stupid stuff, but I can enjoy dumb things.

@Link-Hero - I find gnawing on a frozen pizza to be beneficial for two reasons:
1. Jaw strength training.
2. The crust rises inside my stomach, providing the illusion of fullness, so I can eat less and enjoy leftovers.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - I think you’re on to something. It’s probably the final spray of preservative that both allows the pizzas to stay in a permanent stabile state, and peels the roof of everyone’s mouth because why not?

@NintendoByNature - Would you eat already! Cripes man, you’re making me nervous. Where are you at, I’ll bring you a sandwich?

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee The other two movies were hilariously ridiculous as well, as was the follow-up Bad Grandpa, one you must definitely go see, if you haven't yet. It's all so stupidly infantile, and yet so funny. And the looks on the faces of the various bystanders are always pure gold.

As for that burning of the roof of your mouth with frozen pizzas out of the oven, because of @NEStalgia's comment, something else came to mind: is what you experience a bit like that raw feeling that you can also get in that same spot, when you eat hard candy or certain kinds of spicy food? If so, then it might indeed have something to do with certain kinds of acidic additives.

And if that is the case, then you might wanna start reading the backs of the boxes and comparing ingredients with other brands. Might just be that others don't have that ingredient, or maybe in lower doses, making it less annoying at the very least.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX To my knowledge, there isn't a way to properly format text by using font size here. This is one of the few websites that I've had an account on that doesn't allow this.

The problem with putting my phone on vibrate is that I still have a tendency to want to check it right away; it's an experiment I've performed more than once. With my work, this breaks my immersion and makes it hard to plug back into what I was doing a lot of the time. I'm very easily distracted sometimes depending on my state of mind or what I'm working on.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I’m pretty sure frozen pizzas here are loaded with a nightmare concoction of preservatives and other poisons. It’s just... they’re so good. They’re a rare treat for me along the lines of fast food. The mouth burning is definitely because I get so excited to eat one that I can’t give it enough time to cool off from 425 degrees to a temperature safe for human consumption. Thus, the mouth sizzle. I absolutely know the weird sensation that you mentioned concerning acidic foods though. It’s a weird one.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - Haha. The second to last Digiornio I got said “New & Improved formula” on the box. The last one said, “The original formula is BACK!” I just wondered what exactly is in the formula, and how much of it is Roundup, Draino, and wasp spray.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

It’s ground up pineapple

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee It sure is. Almost like feels like there's cuts in the skin, but there aren't, it just feels raw, kinda like the acidity is affecting the layer of saliva in a negative way, exposing the tender skin. Someone should probably write a thesis on that...

@NEStalgia That's not how you pronounce "better living through science" with a burned mouth...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee back in Chicago now. What's one those Ohio style sandwiches. Saw one on tv. Fried bologna or something. Ahh I can't remember. I'll take anything at this point. 530pm,still no good 😢

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - There’s a kids candy here called War Heads which specialize in that sensation. They’re not even good, but they’re so incredibly sour and acidic that it’s almost a badge of courage to get one down. If you eat a bunch of them, which I did a time or two, it feels like you’ve taken sandpaper to your tongue and the roof of your mouth. Even our candy is violent.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ah, yes. We've had those over here as well. Also (for a kid) giant, almost golf ball sized candy globes, which had dozens of colored layers on top of each other, and in the middle was, if I remember correctly (I was 10 or 11 at the time), some kind of peppery center. I do even believe there was some kind of slogan on the wrapper mentioning something along the lines of "do you dare to finish it?". Once we became acquainted with it, and knew what color came before the nasty center, most of us threw it away.

We would persuade others to try, though...
Now that I'm writing and remembering all this, I believe they were either called Fire Balls or Pepper Balls. Probably the former...

And we also had those soft, gummy-like strips, completely coated in the most sour kind of sugar crystals. They made for a good laugh, because your entire face would contract into a weird grimace...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee 100% post consumer recycled plastic cheese, 80% post consumer recycled cardboard "high fiber!" crust, Roundup/Agent Orange rehydrated veggies, and "natural" "meat".

@ThanosReXXX then show me how it's done?

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX fire balls were great, bit different here maybe. It was really really intense cinnamon... Probably with pepper . Never liked warheads.

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

Fun fact; one of my best customers is ferrara pan who makes the the atomic fireballs, lemon heads ( my personal favorite candy of all time), and red hots. They also make gummies, and other candies. But those are the big sellers. Grape heads are hard to find,but when you do, get them.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee My favorite non-freshly made pizza, is this one that we can get over here:
Untitled
@NEStalgia Yup, cinnamon, that was it. The outside layer was red, and they were sold (well, over here anyway) as individually wrapped. But one was also more than enough, and it would last you quite a while.

P.S.

"Bether lithing though thienth!"
(try to safely and clearly pronounce an R when your tongue or the roof of your mouth is burnt)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic