Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,521 to 31,540 of 96,481

HobbitGamer

I get so few calls that I enjoy talking to scams. Plus, I figure the more time I waste with them is less time they could get someone else.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

I actually don't remember for sure what my ringtone is. I vaguely remember being scared the last time I actually heard my phone go off with the volume on because it's such an abnormal thing for me and I live alone - so any noise I hear, should be me.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

We went to my parent’s lake place Saturday afternoon to escape the heat a bit. It was all fun until I woke up yesterday with the worst sore throat of my life, and I’ve had mono. The only thing I could eat yesterday was a single can of soup. Now today, it’s like it never happened. I think I accidentally swallowed a crawdad while swimming, and it latched on to my throat to keep from being digested. That’s my theory at least. Wondering if anyone else may have an alternative explanation?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer "What’s you re favorite topic on Nintendo site? Mine is new topic."

Especially new topics made by trolls posing as weird little girls with grammar issues...

@Tyranexx Well, to be totally honest, subbed text is more or less kind of the next best thing, because I actually wasn't looking to lower text, but for how to make the font size smaller. I asked a general question about that a couple of pages back, but got no conclusive answer, so I guess lowered text will have to do for now...

As for the phone discussion: how about setting it to vibrate instead of completely silent? That's what I do when I don't want to be disturbed, or when I used to be in an office, so I still noticed being called. I myself made the mistake of setting it to completely silent once, and only noticed it right before going to bed that night. Got quite a few angry and/or distraught people on the phone the next day, because they all wondered what the heck had happened...

@bimmy-lee I might have been able to come up with something inventive, if I only knew what a crawdad was...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - A crawdad aka crayfish aka crawfish aka mudbug is a freshwater crustacean that closely resembles a very small lobster. I don’t know how they’re distributed throughout the world, but around here; they’re in every body of water, usually hiding under a rock in shallow areas. Their tails are edible, but it’s more of a southern dish in the states. I’ve had a killer plate of crawdad etouffee.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, if it's small enough to accidentally swallow, then I'd sooner liken them to shrimp.
Either way, I don't think it really latched on to the inside of your throat. It's more likely that the sharp ends of it's body, such as tail, claws or underside, scraped your throat a bit, leaving it a bit raw or inflamed.

The reason why it's now already fixed, is more than likely because of the enzymes/disinfectants in saliva, which is why little cuts and so on in the mouth are almost always healed far quicker than any cuts or scrapes on the outside of your body.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Speaking about fresh water creatures....
Untitled

Gurami Asam Manis (Sweet and Sour Carp) 😋
One delicacy from Indonesia with Chinese culture.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX He was being silly. You can’t accidentally swallow a crawdad. They’re about the size of a kiwi fruit, on average.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer So, they're actually not that tiny, then. I thought shrimp-sized, which could easily be swallowed, but now I'm thinking gambas...

By the way: how's it going with Prime World Defenders?

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Ohhh, it’s going great! ....I forgot to download it 😂

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - As Hobbit mentioned, I was being silly. They’re way too big (and fast in short bursts) to accidentally swallow. I’m just baffled by the fact that I had a sore throat which put me in a fetal position one day, and then I’m fine the next. You have, however, explained the frozen pizza conundrum. Every time I eat one, I destroy the roof of my mouth, but then it’s fine the next day.

@HobbitGamer - Do you eat them in GA, or is it more of a Delta/Gulf thing?

@Anti-Matter - Looks delicious. The only carp served around here are catfish, and I’ve had a sweet and sour catfish plate. It’s not my favorite fish, but I can enjoy it. Especially when it’s fried in a cornmeal batter.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter Oh carp!

@bimmy-lee You too?! What is it about frozen pizza that destroys mouth rooves while real pizza does not? I still do not understand that phenomenon!! The government needs to spend $500M on a research group for this immediately after the one studying the flow of ketchup reaches a conclusion.

As a Yank, I associate crawdads with Cajun & Creole cuisine, kind of an LA/MS thing entirely. (Of course we have Cajun & Creole restaurants here, so you can get them (at a price.)

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - It’s incredible. Every. Single. Time. Even if I cut it and give it time to cool, the first bite STILL sizzles the roof of my mouth to the point that it just peels right off. I almost went to the hospital once for third degree burn treatment from a Stouffer’s French bread pizza.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, glad I reminded you of it, then. I still need that second opinion...

@bimmy-lee That's what you get when you don't use smileys and/or words that people might not be familiar with...
But glad I was accidentally able to help you with your frozen pizza conundrum. Another way to prove the validity of my point is to think about the times that you may have accidentally bitten down on the inside of your cheek while eating. In the moment it happens, it feels like an entire flap of skin is hanging on the inside of your mouth, and the next day, it's all but gone.

You must have a really sensitive mouth, though, if you even get it burned when the pizza has already cooled down. Unless of course your definition of "cooled down" differs from the actual one, which still registers as piping hot...

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I usually want to eat the pizza so badly that it skews my sense of time and place. I think I’ve given it enough time to cool off, but in reality, it’s only been enough time to cool from molten to instant mouth blisters. It’s the sauce. That stuff is hot when it’s still frozen.

The near superhuman healing qualities of the mouth really are fascinating though. It seems like an evolutionary trait of species survival. However, is there any pain that makes the eyes water faster than biting a healing cheek bite?

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Georgia and South Carolina. It’s along the whole river and harbor areas. ‘Lowcountry Boil’ is crawdads, small potatoes, and corn cobs boiled together. Around here (and back in Charleston area), the easy way to catch ‘em is tossing a raw chicken leg in a trap and leaving it in the shallows for awhile. I’ve never had one myself.
I did find one crawling one my porch once, about 100 yards from the closest waterway.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Biting a freshly healed wound is probably never that great of a feeling to begin with, but I find tongue bites worse. Because you usually bite down on the side, the teeth scrape along, and the rather instant reaction is of course to retract the tongue, which in my case (don't know if that happens to everyone or just me) sometimes also result in a cramped muscle in my tongue, making the pain last for days. And yes, that is also eye-watering.

For any other kinds of eye-watering pain, I'd happily refer you to any of MTV's Jackass movies...

HobbitGamer

@Link-Hero And he burns his tongue on it!! Must be getting it fresh off the dry ice 😂

#MudStrongs

Ryu_Niiyama

HobbitGamer wrote:

@bimmy-lee Georgia and South Carolina. It’s along the whole river and harbor areas. ‘Lowcountry Boil’ is crawdads, small potatoes, and corn cobs boiled together. Around here (and back in Charleston area), the easy way to catch ‘em is tossing a raw chicken leg in a trap and leaving it in the shallows for awhile. I’ve never had one myself.
I did find one crawling one my porch once, about 100 yards from the closest waterway.

Annnnnd now I'm hungry.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama The raw chicken is what did it for you.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic