Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,261 to 29,280 of 29,353

ReaderRagfish

I played various RPGs as a kid such as Final Fantasy 1, Pokemon, and Paper Mario. I liked these games, but it wasn't until Golden Sun that I started to consider myself a fan of the genre.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx He may have a name, but personally, I've no idea. I just call him hapless knight, or loser, since he can be beaten with only two hits. I'd fare a lot better in real life, although jumping walls in full body armor would probably be quite the achievement...

As for the SNES Classic: you can either give me a heads up when you're ready, so I can help you out, or you can save 8 Bit Flashback's YouTube video about putting 200 games on your SNES Classic in your favorites for later.

Far as RPG's goes, I think that every RPG fan that still has a Game Boy Advance, DS or DSi lying around, owes it to him or herself to give Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dragon a try. It's a really good game, with an interesting cast of characters, great and sometimes even gripping story, and the gameplay really grabs you as well. Or at least: in my case. Entire hours vanished from my day sometimes...

Here's a video, just in case you don't know the game yet:

Might be something for you as well, @AlohaPizzaJack.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish The Golden Sun games are pretty good as well. Some other worthwhile ones are the Breath of Fire games, and the GBA Fire Emblem games.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

MarioLover92

@ThanosReXXX That reminds me. I need to get back to Shining Force one of these days. I liked it on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, but I no longer have it.

"Super Mario Maker on Switch.................CALLED IT!"
-Me while watching the 2/13/19 Nintendo Direct

Octane

Man, I love history and architecture; seeing the Notre-Dame go up in flames like that is difficult to watch.

Octane

Morpheel

Wait what? What happened?

Is quasimodo ok?

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AlohaPizzaJack

@Morpheel It caught fire and so far a spire has collapsed. They’re trying to get art out now, saying the entire wooden structure is going up.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Morpheel

Woah that's terrible! I hope they manage to save as much as possible.

Do they know how it started?

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Octane I feel the exact same way.

@Morpheel The ironic thing is that they had recently started restoration works on the top level, and now it seems that the starting of the fire may have something to do with that, so it sounds like that it might be some kind of fluid or substance that was the trigger, and if that's true, it might be negligence on the part of one of the restoration workers or some of the possible other people involved.

Fortunately, all the iconic statues and statuettes were already removed from the top, to be worked on elsewhere, because these also needed some restoration done. It does seem like the entire roof is going to go, because that's nearly all wood with various kinds of plating. The church itself will probably survive, according to certain commenters, because that's all solid stone, obviously, but the restoration works will now have to be scaled up from touching up and cleaning the upper levels, to rebuilding almost the entire roof and the main spire.

Will probably also mean no visitors for quite a few years to come. Weird to think that the Notre Dame survived 900 years without a hitch, including a massive revolution and a number of large wars, and now when they were about to restore it to it's former glory, its roof goes up in flames in next to nothing...

Morpheel

From the videos it's pretty evident the fire started around the area being restored, and with people using power tools, in wooden platforms, with electricity, friction, sparks, maybe even gas-powered things, etc. It is very likely the fire started there.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel True. The scaffolding was clearly visible around the spire and top level. I sure hope that it wasn't a person who accidentally started the fire, due to a mistake or something like that. That person is going to feel horrible for the rest of his/her life...

But accident by fault or not, it's a shame either way, so I hope that they can keep the damage within the bounds of still being able to restore the building as a whole. To lose an entire landmark forever, especially one that's on the Unesco World Heritage list, would be even more catastrophic.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Morpheel

Yes, we can only hope the stone structure will hold on. To see such an inconic landmark go down like that would be truly tragic. It's basically the centerpiece of Paris.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

Okaayyyy..... there's going to be an extra news broadcast over here, concerning this fire in 10 minutes time.
Here's hoping it's not too bad...

Octane

@ThanosReXXX The entire inside was made of wood, and supposedly that's all gone.

It doesn't seem like anyone got injured during the fire fortunately. I just hope there were able to save most of the art at this point.

Octane

CrazyZelda79

This is truly sad as the video from CNN looks like the entire building is on fire and could be total lose except for the stone itself.

Edited on by CrazyZelda79

..............(FAVORITE)...............
Game: Killer Instinct (Arcade)
Quote: Stupid is as stupid does.
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption.
Food & Drink: Sirloin Steak & Strawberry Milk (Not Together)
Band: Green Day

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Morpheel

Such an unfortunate week to burn down too.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

Well, that was one lousy and disheartening news update. The fire has now reached the lower levels, and the fire brigade can't seem to get a handle on it. I never understand this, in certain cases. I mean, there's special fire helicopters nowadays, but these aren't used here, but they should try using something like that, seeing as they claim that they have a hard time getting to the places of the fire that they need to get to.

Another weird thing is that they could have used fire boats, seeing as the Seine is right beside the cathedral, so there's no shortage of water. According to onlookers, the fire brigade also started quite late with their efforts. The fire had already been raging for well over 45 minutes, but the fire brigade didn't start their efforts until it was going for almost an hour.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Because of Passover, you mean?
That's the first thing I could come up with, as a non-believer.

Morpheel

@ThanosReXXX It's holy week, basically there's a different religious event almost every day until Easter.

Notre Dame being Notre Dame, I can see it being a huge deal for people wanting to celebrate those events.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Yeah, certainly. But people will find a way to deal with whatever comes up. We as a species tend to be an annoyingly resilient bunch...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic