Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,261 to 29,280 of 35,245

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

To be fair "the ruins of notre dame" is also a valid photo spot, and for a limited time!

"Morning in Paris, the city awakes
To the [ruins] of Notre Dame
The fisherman fishes, the bakerman bakes
To the [ruins] of Notre Dame...."

Not gonna lie, that movie was the first I'd heard of the place as a kid. I've been fascinated ever since.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

Untitled
Muriel Elizabeth Bowser
I didn't realize if Bowser was also her name, as a female American mayor. ūüėÜ

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@Morpheel It's one of my favorite Disney movies. The musical score in particular is well-done in my humble opinion. I like how both The Bells of Notre Dame and Hellfire have the same basic sound but are VERY different in execution.

Topsy Turvy, God Help The Outcasts, and The Court of Miracles are also highlights for me.

...Though as a kid, I admittedly didn't understand the implications of Hellfire. I just thought Frollo absolutely hated Esmeralda. (Which isn't too off the mark TBH; kid me just didn't pick up on the lust aspect)

Edited on by Tyranexx

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 Mashed potatoes are for babies

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

@ogo79 And hot sauce. Always the hot sauce.

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Man, you really gotta stop spamming this thread with your political crap.
A. No one cares.
B. It is not allowed on here.
Read the rules and memorize them. Be a good boy.

@Tyranexx Depends on your definition of "a while". The restoration works on the Notre Dame will reportedly be done in 5 years, but that's just a presidential promise, not an ironclad fact, so I'm going to take some extra factors into account, meaning I wouldn't be surprised at all, if it's going to take even longer than that.

Luckily, I've already visited it many years ago, so it has vanished from my bucket list long since. The new and restored Notre Dame, however, might become a new bucket list item...

@ogo79 Man, if you're not the king of late replies, then I don't know who is...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Ow...
Sorry, didn't mean that.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, even if you didn't know yet, you could have figured it out, because @Morpheel already mentioned it yesterday.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

RedderRugfish

I should make a bot that writes "This would be great on Switch" on every article here. No one would even be able to tell it's a bot!

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Vinny

This would be great on the Neo Geo Pocket Color!

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

RedderRugfish

I actually would love to have a Neo Geo Pocket Color, since I love both handhelds and fighting games.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I don't know about over in Europe, but here in my corner of the US, a "We'll have this done in XX time!" promise REALLY depends on what figure of authority and/or agency it comes from....

Must...resist...politics....

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, you better resist them. You wouldn't want @Morpheel to come cross your internet border and punish you... (edit: toned it down a bit.., )

But yeah, they have that over here as well. Hence me not trusting the French president saying that it will be done and dusted within the space of five years. And lo and behold: tonight's news reported that the Notre Dame is going to remain closed to the public for at least six years, so there goes that five year promise. Poof! Gone within the space of a single day...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX To be fair, with something like Notre Dame, I'd rather them take time with the sections they're rebuilding. Speedy work is one thing, but I'd want the restoration to be done well and as faithful to the original as possible.

But yeah, "done in XX time" often mysteriously increases somehow....

Joeynator3000

I don't post here that often...but...I....CAN FINALLY STREAM WITH LITTLE PROBLEMS NOW!!!
...Yeah, did some test streams earlier today and had issues with video quality (lag and stuff) and some weird audio problem. Tried it again with different settings and barely any issues now, yay!

Might stream again later tonight once Cuphead on Switch is out.
(I also put my Twitch link back in my signature now)

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 Man, if you're not the king of late replies, then I don't know who is...

im here once a week basically, working for the illuminati has my hands tied. we got rid of the virtual console for wii, working on the wii u one, plus slowly letting people know were discontinuing the nes games via switch.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

wait so ok
my 2 idiot neighbors below me are military police officers.
theyre also very young.
and drink a lot.
they just moved in and i warned them of the chronic idiocy that is embedded around here.
it didnt do any good.
one just got drunk and was cleaning his 12 gauge and it blew a hole in his ceiling.
he was cleaning a loaded shotgun.
while drunk.
the real police wanted to make sure no hole was upstairs where i live.
there wasnt.
my question is, what kid of shotgun wouldnt blow a whole from ceiling to upstairs?
lets see if they get evicted.
they dont play castlevania anyways.

the_shpydar wrote:

Link-Hero

@ogo79
Wow. You're lucky that the bullets didn't go all the way through and hit you or someone else. Hope those idiots get in real trouble and serve long jail time for doing something that stupid.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Oh, I agree that they had better take their time with a landmark as ancient and important as this,
but I do always have to laugh/chuckle at "promises' of world- or political leaders...

ogo79 wrote:

...plus slowly letting people know were discontinuing the nes games via switch.

Wait, what??? Nooooooooooooo!!!

Nah, couldn't care less. Activated the trial, tried a few games, and immediately canceled the automatic renewal afterwards. It's time for Nintendo to pony up more SNES, N64 and also GameCube games already. The delay of adding these systems to their VC/backwards compatibility is getting ridiculous.

Glad you didn't get shot. That sounds like one hell of an experience. That's what you get when you mix drunk young men and weapons, though.

As for your question (and here's hoping it wasn't (completely) rhetorical): if it was an ordinary shotgun, then it not penetrating a second, or probably a third layer, is actually quite logical. It has been shown that even a stack of around 5 to 6 phone books can stop a bullet from fully penetrating, simply because of it slowing down it's inertia enough, for it not being able to penetrate any more layers. Kinda like physics 101...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic