Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,281 to 29,300 of 31,647

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Oh, I agree that they had better take their time with a landmark as ancient and important as this,
but I do always have to laugh/chuckle at "promises' of world- or political leaders...

ogo79 wrote:

...plus slowly letting people know were discontinuing the nes games via switch.

Wait, what??? Nooooooooooooo!!!

Nah, couldn't care less. Activated the trial, tried a few games, and immediately canceled the automatic renewal afterwards. It's time for Nintendo to pony up more SNES, N64 and also GameCube games already. The delay of adding these systems to their VC/backwards compatibility is getting ridiculous.

Glad you didn't get shot. That sounds like one hell of an experience. That's what you get when you mix drunk young men and weapons, though.

As for your question (and here's hoping it wasn't (completely) rhetorical): if it was an ordinary shotgun, then it not penetrating a second, or probably a third layer, is actually quite logical. It has been shown that even a stack of around 5 to 6 phone books can stop a bullet from fully penetrating, simply because of it slowing down it's inertia enough, for it not being able to penetrate any more layers. Kinda like physics 101...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ogo79 maybe he was just doing his first desk pop 😅 but in all seriousness glad no one got hurt

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go outside alone.
Summon this animal !
Untitled

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Octane

You're suspiciously violent this evening.

Octane

HobbitGamer

He's been playing Federation Force

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Morpheel

I got a tiny set of Copic markers. I see them all around YouTube and really want to try them, but gosh they're expensive.

Two markers and two pens for 17 dollars. And it was the cheapest pack I found.

But hey, that's one thing off the bucket list.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

So I finished another round of field research tasks in PoGo and went ahead and grabbed the items that came with getting seven stamps; I left the random special encounter for when I got home. One dropped jaw and a VERY difficult catching session later...I'm the new proud owner of a shiny Lugia. O_O

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Vinny

who's ray and why is the ps5 going to be tracing him?

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

Nice. I’ve not gotten but one or two of the research encounters. They were both boring basics.
Got The Office Quest on eShop sale, it’s a pretty fun point an click so far. The puzzles are smart. Also snagged Sudoku to replace my picross as the evening puzzle game. Oh and Tiny Hand. It sucks.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Morpheel

@Tyranexx woah! I've only ever found old regular Pokémon from legendary trios (and one regular ho-oh)

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

Nice. I’ve not gotten but one or two of the research encounters. They were both boring basics.

I haven't been very lucky with the normal research encounters (Pokemon-wise) for when you complete a single task, but the Azumarill I netted earlier wasn't too bad. It filled a Dex page anyway.

There's also a Jynx that I got from one of those that I use as gym fodder as her CP and moves aren't too bad. I even nicknamed her after a famous singer.

@Morpheel This is my second field research stamp completion and legendary; the first time netted me a normal Ho-Oh. That encounter was scarier in a sense; I had no clue what I was doing and went in with few Poke/Great/Ultra Balls. It finally stayed on the last one. ._____.

In this case, I ran through all my Ultra Balls (even with Razz Berry use) and went through a few Great Balls as well.

The only downside around here is that there seems to be little raid coordination (No local/online groups I can find yet), so I'm stuck with soloing any that I happen to come across. I can solo up to level two raids depending on the encounter and what I use, but nothing past that. The Giratinas popping up are torture....I love that Pokemon.

Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Morpheel

I don’t think it’s even possible to solo anything beyond level 2. Unless you’re like level 40 or something.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Anti-Matter

I have both Ho-Oh and Lugia also.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Well.... actually i have them as toys. 😅

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter You've reminded me of the Pokemon figures that used to come with GameStop preorders. I still have Lugia from my SoulSilver Preorder and Giratina Origin Forme from getting Platinum.

They both beat the meh, yet still somewhat-cool Dialga stylus that I got with Diamond.

@Morpheel I'm close to hitting level 23. With how much the exp needed for each trainer level has been rising, I think it's safe to say that it'll be awhile before I hit 40. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Vinny

It's a holiday over here today! Let's see if I can finally beat Luigi's Mansion (3DS) today...

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

@Vinny do it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Anti-Matter

Me was playing DDR 3rd Mix PS2 & DDR EXTREME Japan PS2 this afternoon. 😎

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :

Tyranexx

Tonight will be a Bravely Second night in the gaming department, but I have shoved in more SNES Classic goodness recently. I tried (and failed miserably at) Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts again, played a little more DKC, got to try out Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (loved it; I've played SF II before, just not this particular version), and Contra III: The Alien Wars. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying the last one; I think it's because the shooting is more fast-paced than it is in most other shooter/platformers that I've tried. Instead of "Pew pew pew!", it's more like "PewPewPewPewPew!".

@Vinny Enjoy! I liked Dark Moon a little better, but Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS is still quite fun IMO; I never played the GCN original.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Got your armor handed to you again, huh?
Just give up already, woman. It's one of those games that only creates more frustration every time you play it.

Even after having hacked my SNES Mini, I left it (and all the other original games) on there, just because I think/feel that it is the way it's supposed to be, but I'm not touching that particular game ever again.

I might on occasion persuade a clueless visitor or family member to give it a go, so I can revel in an almost sadistic glee as I watch them fail again, and again, and again...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic