Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,281 to 29,300 of 29,353

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I've read that one of the reasons they didn't want to use fire helicopters is because it could've caused the roof to collapse even sooner, and firemen were still inside trying to salvage art pieces. And they also said that they weren't stationed nearby; so I can only assume that it wouldn't have made a difference. Those people have a better understanding of how it works than I do!

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane The RTL news report actually said that there are a total of 5 (five!) fire stations in the vicinity. They said they simply had troubles navigating the area. The streets that lead to the cathedral aren't very accommodating to large trucks, after all...

EDIT:
Mind you, obviously, I'm no fire fighting expert either, but logic dictates that the sooner you start trying to fight one that has started, the less time it'll have to take hold of a location, and the sooner you'll be able to put it out or keep it contained.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

AlohaPizzaJack

I wonder if they’ll resort to air dropping water soon, given that fire is in at least one tower now. If any of those 20 ton bells come down, that may do more collateral damage than water weight.

Edited on by AlohaPizzaJack

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

CrazyZelda79

They said @AlohaPizzaJack that the weight of air dropping water would most likely cause the building to collapse, so it's not being considered. Sorry they being the French Government.

Edited on by CrazyZelda79

..............(FAVORITE)...............
Game: Killer Instinct (Arcade)
Quote: Stupid is as stupid does.
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption.
Food & Drink: Sirloin Steak & Strawberry Milk (Not Together)
Band: Green Day

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

AlohaPizzaJack

@CrazyZelda79 I figured that might be why. It’s just one of those things where you want to throw any solution because it’s just so surreal. I’m glad no one has been hurt so far, and hope the responders stay safe.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Wait, WHAT?

Checks news feed and comes back

...I gotta find a way to be more connected on some work days. I had no idea Notre Dame caught fire until I came in here to reply to @ThanosReXXX after checking the notification a few hours ago. This saddens the part of me that loves history and historical landmarks. I hope that no one was hurt and that they were able to save what they could....

@ThanosReXXX I'll look up that video sometime when I get closer to hacking it.

As for Shining Force: I'll also try to get around to that game at some point. I've only played one SF game (Sword of Hajya) and enjoyed it overall.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, quite a shock, wasn't it? I watched the news all evening yesterday, and it looked and felt so surreal, yet here we are: a roofless Notre Dame...

Luckily, the building itself still stands, and a couple of French billionaires have already donated 30 million euros, and more money is coming in from donations all over, so at least they can start planning and buying materials to build a new, and hopefully more fire proof roof.

Concerning Shining Force: if you liked Sword of Hajya, then you're really going to enjoy Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, because that is considered to be one of the best, if not THE best game in the series. It has 4 out of 5 stars overall on Metacritic, with an average user rating of 8.9. Eurogamer even gave it a 9.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Tomorrow, there will be an Election in my country Indonesia.
I will vote for next president and new candidates for House of Representatives members.
There will be 5 different letters to be voted with a lot of candidate names from different parties.
Untitled
Untitled
Wish me luck for tomorrow!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Morpheel

They probably fold. That's just the little color-coded face to let you know what box to put them in.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AlohaPizzaJack

I definitely wish you luck. Not being from there, that looks complicated. Are you sure you’re not in Florida? 😜

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Morpheel

If it's anything like the Mexican voting system, you literally just get a sheet of paper for every position, and you scribble over the party/candidate you wish to support. Then you fold the paper and put it inside the box topped with the same color.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Morpheel That's a shame, I expected more mariachi bands and tacos to be involved in the affair.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

Why the hell should we wish someone who's going to vote good luck? Nobody ever does that over here either. Besides: I couldn't care less who wins the elections in another country, no offense. I only pay attention to things that directly affect me or my family and friends, so I'll stick to watching local politics...

Although, come to think of it, voting does often times feel like a lottery, so maybe good luck wishes are applicable after all...

Octane

@ThanosReXXX You wish someone good luck because it feels like a test or exam. One giant multiple choice question, and none of the answers are correct

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Seeing as all politicians are liars and back-pedalers anyway, it is indeed true that none of the answers are correct, but if you vote, you at least have the right to complain about any outcome that doesn't agree with you...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Morpheel

Please let's get into politics.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Please not. I wasn't about to elaborate, so far as I'm concerned, I've said all I wanted to say about it. Blame @Anti-Matter, though. He's the one that started it, with the "wish me luck, I'm voting" comment...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Morpheel

Whoa that's the first time I "eat" a not.

Please add a not in between let's and get in my previous post. Using your imagination.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic