Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,741 to 28,760 of 29,361

AlohaPizzaJack

@ThanosReXXX I was a first grader, and didn’t know yet. But I just barely made contact haha.

Comp languages count now? I ended up taking Spanish 1-4 in high school and 1-3 in college. It was just fun at that point, I had great teachers that really engaged students.

Don’t forget “Donde esta tu identificacion”
I tell my Chihuahua that a lot when he starts doing something he shouldn’t.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Morpheel

Oh of course, they release a new iPad mini less than a year after I give up and buy the last model.

Now now, don’t worry little iPad, I won’t be replacing you so soon. I think we can wait for the next one.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

Morpheel wrote:

I can teach you the basics:

Si = yes

No = no

Donde está el baño = where’s the bathroom

You forgot about these two:

Una cerveza mas, señor

La quenta por favor

@AlohaPizzaJack Ah... the young and the restless. Or rather: the young and the idiotic...

Remember kids: even barely making contact is enough to transfer a disease or to cause a (potentially) deadly accident, so in dangerous or questionable situations, there is no such thing as barely...
(sits back, arms folded across his chest, looking all old and wise, and smug... )

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Daloblast

Creerse la última coca-cola en el desierto
Dame pan y dime tonto

Just found those row quick

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

ThanosReXXX

@Daloblast I think you're missing the point of teaching people 'the basics'...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Daloblast

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, not really going for that, the only spanish words that I actually knew were in the ones morpheel said

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

Anti-Matter

Orange cat : ¿No es verdad, amigo?
Tom : Si, es verdad, amigo.

Edit: Aw, snap.
I catch a cold. 😷

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

AlohaPizzaJack

@ThanosReXXX When should we make that Kickstarter for your rocking chair and corn cub pipe? 😛

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I had Latin and Greek in high school as well; English, Dutch, German, French, Latin and Greek. And I've remembered only one-and-a-half of those (if you take the average of all of them )

Morpheel wrote:

Donde está el baño

Here you are:
Untitled

Octane

Morpheel

I never liked Tom and Jerry as a kid. Even then I thought it was too abusive and cruel.

@ThanosReXXX cuenta*

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack Pipe? Nah, I quit smoking a long time ago. Make it an infinite supply of Bacardi and we can start talking...

@Octane I've retained quite a few more: I'm fluent in English and Dutch, get by quite well in German and French, and I speak a little Spanish and Danish. I'm also able to read Greek and Russian, although I only understand and speak a few sentences in Greek, and mere words in Russian.

@Morpheel Ah, perdon. A menudo hago el mismo error...
(oh, and don't bite my head of if that's not perfectly written/spelled either)

And you never liked Tom & Jerry? Those cartoons were hilarious, man. No sense of humor, I tell ya...
Nowadays, it's all stupid kid cartoons like Spongebob and what not. Annoying voices and horrible jokes.
Probably an age thing, and not to popular amongst the majority, but give me the classics any day of the week over that stuff.

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Well, I can read a lot of stuff; however, that doesn't mean I understand any of it

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Har, har. I can tell you, reading Russian is quite the chore. Both Russian and Greek obviously use a Cyrillic alphabet, but for some reason, I find Greek words easier to decode. Could also have to do with me being far more interested in Greek history and mythology than in the Russian counterpart of it, but I like to think that's not of too much influence...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ReaderRagfish

I liked Tom and Jerry as a kid, but it wasn't exactly the deepest show ever. It's basically "mouse brutally beats up a cat in various ways".

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Nowadays, it's all stupid kid cartoons like Spongebob and what not. Annoying voices and horrible jokes.

Spongebob was actually pretty clever and funny in its first few years. But any of the later episodes are indeed just annoying noises and bad jokes.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Morpheel

I really disliked it. It was just, bad violent attempts at humor. At least for me as a young child that's how it looked.

Really a product of its era and place I guess.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

AlohaPizzaJack

Tom and Jerry was the Roadrunner and Coyote for city folk.

Sort of like Dr Quinn to Doogie Houser.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Morpheel

I don't really have strong feelings against the roadrunner cartoons, but to be fair those were far less frequently on tv compared to Tom and Jerry.

The roadrunner never really did much to harm the coyote either. He was more of a plot device than a character most of the time.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic