Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,721 to 28,740 of 96,305

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack Dang... indeed.
Only a little less than a month away. And to think that Nintendo's latest playtoy is over two years old already. Time certainly has flown, ever since we were thrown into the whirlpool of mixed emotions that was the reveal of the Nintendo Switch...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia By the way: I don't know if you already looked into this, or applied it, if you're still using Firefox, but just in case, I'll post it here:

What are my options if I want to use an unsigned add-on? (advanced users)

Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR), Firefox Developer Edition and Nightly versions of Firefox will allow you to override the setting to enforce the extension signing requirement, by changing the preference xpinstall.signatures.required to false in the Firefox Configuration Editor (about:config page). There are also special unbranded versions of Firefox that allow this override. See the MozillaWiki article, Add-ons/Extension Signing for more information.

Direct link to article:
http://mzl.la/1J7Lcsp

EDIT:

I actually found out that mine was already set to false, hence me not experiencing any issues with uBlock Origin and/or any other "unsigned" add-ons I'm using...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

You know what was really cool today. I never bring my controllers with me on the road and i usually only play in handheld mode on my lunch breaks but today I brought my 8bitdo controller and propped up my switch on my dash board in my car on my lunch today. I'm still enamoured that I can do that. Even having the switch since launch im just in awe with how cool it is. I never played my switch that way so it was neat to do that way for a change

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Well, I can neither confirm nor deny that was a drinking reference, but for the sake of quenching my thirst for injecting wrestling where it doesn’t belong; I’ll say, like any pro wrestler, it was half on purpose and half dumb luck.

@Tyranexx - Thanks! Tip noted. I kind of came to a similar conclusion. I’ll only wade in when I know the waters are safe.

@AlohaPizzaJack - I hope I’m free for the chats this year. Always some good excitement and unintentional comedy (you’re previously hobbitgamer, right).

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@AlohaPizzaJack I mean I've played table top mode, handheld and docked obviously..but sitting in my car with it on my dash, using a wireless controller takes the cake

NintendoByNature

gcunit

Some sourpuss using the handle Knuckles is writing in to Metro's Game Central - it's not you by chance, is it @Knuckles-Fajita?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX fortunately the real fix was already sent out. The fix you posted was unfortunately one that highlights what i meant earlier. Only esr, nightly build, and dev unstable has that setting.... Release builds have it stripped out. They've taken to removing settings from about config when they don't want people playing with them, so release users had to wait for nanny Mozilla to allow them a fix....

They had an early beta fix if you turn studies on. I ended up doing it even though it means i had to send them my telemetry even if briefly.

NEStalgia

Eel

We’re gonna be spending a night on the city, to celebrate mother’s day, and in part because I bought tickets for the Pikachu movie.

So I checked in two apps to reserve a hotel room, and the same room was about 70 dollars in one, and about 150 in the other, and that one had “40% off!”. Guess I’m just gonna delete that app.

It’s still more expensive than our usual hotel stays, but hey, fancy hotel every now and then can’t be bad for you. It can double as a mother’s day gift. 🧐

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I generally agree in certain situations that the live chat can get a bit distracting. That said, I'm usually so hyped that I'm more of a reactionary during the actual streams vs. trying to carry a conversation.

Most Nintendo Directs (and definitely E3) tend to unfortunately take place during my work day. Sometimes if a ND starts late enough in my time zone, I can sometimes get off work early by taking a short lunch or making up some of that time later.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Morpheel sounds like a nice little time. Taking the kids out of school early Friday to see Pokemon. Not a Pokemon fan but I'm sure it'll be good fun. I never take half days off work as it is so it'll be a treat for everyone

NintendoByNature

Eel

@NintendoByNature I conveniently got some paid free days some weeks ago, and saved one just for this Friday, can’t wait.

Quite conveniently mother’s day is celebrated on the 10th of May here in Mexico, so it was easier to organize everything without seeming like a deranged Pokémon fanboy. The planets aligned, we could say.

Hope you and your family have a nice day too!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@Morpheel thanks you too. I figured going during the day will be less crowded and more relaxed. We should have the theater to ourselves hopefully 😀

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

No Detective Pikachu movie for me this upcoming weekend - too busy with Mother's Day stuff and my sister's graduation - but I'm hoping to go next weekend when my schedule is mostly free. Morning tickets here are pretty cheap.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Ninfan

Anyone got bit trip saga . I think I'll give up

Ninfan

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

Oh hey a graduation, congrats to her.

Thanks! She's getting an Associate's in Early Childhood Care & Education, will still go to the same college to rack up a few courses while they're cheaper, and then transfer into a Bachelor's program for Elementary Ed.

Morpheel wrote:

I’ll try not to completely spoil the movie

NL already kinda did.

Haruki_NLI

@gcunit What the hell is that?

I'm at work 40 hours a week.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

@Knuckles-Fajita It's a readers' letters section of Metro.co.uk's Gaming pages. Most mornings and evenings they publish new email submissions from the public. Most of them are tosh but I still find myself reading it while walking the dog just for the gaming bants.

As for the live chat, it's always fun, but will forever struggle to compete with the Wii U days, when we were all starved of nourishment and rabidly desperate for some bombshell announcement to come along and save the sinking ship.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic