Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,761 to 28,780 of 96,471

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature For realsies. Even if there’s a game or article I don’t care for, I just think “huh, somebody else might like it”, then I go do something I enjoy. Ya know, like a rational human being. I see enough potentially life-defining mistakes in my work field that I don’t feel the need to make mountains out of salt piles about games.
Real world - a hospital involuntarily admits someone to our crisis unit and neglects to inform or a tasing incident. Potential health risks.
Internet - a dev needs to put in a day one patch to fix a menu layout.
One of these things is not like the other 😛

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@AlohaPizzaJack haha so true. But the real thing that sets the internet in a frenzy is pizza toppings.. there's no denying that

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Don't forget the chair choice for former Nintendo employees, all epicness aside....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

I’m not sure what proper etiquette would be in that situation @AlohaPizzaJack , but I’m certain pretending to be a couple randos who looooove the game & think it’s 10/10 is not the right way to go about it. I’ve seen it before too, rcmadiax was the worst about it, but it does serve as a reminder that real people work hard on these games. Even the games I think are bad are made by people more talented than myself. Except for rcmadiax’ games. I could teach myself to make something on that level. Probably over a weekend.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

PiNaPpLE is best, all that disagree are trahs!1! SJWBBQABC amirite?1

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Pineapple is so powerful a fruit that it gave Anti the strength to beat levels in Federation Force like a boss!

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

Man I watched that entire video and lived to tell about it. The only thing pen about that video was dudes Stache and it was on point.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Who the heck called me in #$@# game article?!
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

I used my gold coins to get a discount on Hellblade. I played it on xbox recently, with gamepass, but I really liked the game... So I figured I could have it on switch to play again on the go, with earbuds to get the full "voices in my head" experience.

This time I'll take my time and try to get all the runes... Instead of binge-playing the entire game in one weekend.

@Anti-Matter U ok?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Nah, it won't. It has been out of support for at least a year already, but it's already HTML5 compliant/compatible, or whatever you wanna call it. They're not going to move on to something new that fast, if at all. And besides: there'll still be patches, unofficial add-ons and what not.

You can sleep safely and sound, taking comfort in the knowledge that I know how to take care of these things, and that I will be browsing securely for decades to come. My PC is starting to rattle of late, so I'll have to upgrade eventually anyway, but that will not be for at least another year. And it will mean having to make a LOT of backups, so I don't have to install a million things all over again, so I'm in no rush to expedite that event...

@Tyranexx What article's comments section is a dumpster fire, in your opinion?
On a side note: aren't most of them, nowadays?

As for being on another time scale: obviously, I already knew and/or realized that, but that doesn't mean that you can't do the same thing that I do: take time off, or plan your work around it, so you can free up your agenda. Then again: if you don't mind watching things after the initial broadcast, then you can of course just watch it whenever.

For me personally though, live is the only way to watch it. That is when the magic happens, when the secrets unfold, and the exciting thing about it, is being "there", going along for the ride with them. there's just no substitute. Normal presentations are a different thing, but the magic of E3 is, and will always be that it is a live event, and that you can tune in as it happens. Like a fly on the wall...

Going to this site to look up the Nintendo stream after it has already run its course, means inevitably stumbling across all the individual articles about revealed games, and that obviously spoils the surprise, which is not what I would want.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX "Going to this site to look up the Nintendo stream after it has already run its course, means inevitably stumbling across all the individual articles about revealed games, and that obviously spoils the surprise, which is not what I would want."

Yeah I mostly avoid this site those days if I didn't watch the Direct etc.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

The truck is repaired.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I was referring to the Detective Pikachu movie review article. Over half of the comments made me want to facepalm (some seem to have been thankfully deleted). Some of the comment sections on the main site in general are just starting to get bad. It's like some people come online just to fight and bask in their general anonymity since there are usually little to no repercussions.

Normally my media blackout approach works with Nintendo Directs when I can't watch them live - few things if any get spoiled for me - but I agree that E3 is an altogether different beast. Watching E3 stuff live (that I'm interested in anyway) is the best way! I did the blackout approach for the E3 presentation last year, but I think that primarily worked because Nintendo was pushing Smash so hard; we knew that was coming, and few other things were spoiled for me beforehand.

I suspect this year's Nintendo events will be better than last year. I'm thinking of either taking a VERY early lunch or just taking that morning off. I'll be burning through quite a bit of PTO time in early August and am not too keen on having any days off barring a couple of holidays between now and then.

I don't tend to follow much outside of Nintendo stuff, but I like to dip into some of the other companies once in awhile to see what they're giving the public. Ubisoft's presentation last year wasn't bad at all.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic