Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 96,536

GuSolarFlare

@Mickey @Gioku @Dark-Luigi @Trululu @Ideal-Hero @Big_Boy_Chubs @CaptainCharlie @Captain_Bagel @WinterWarm @LordJumpMad @BadKitty @ShadowFox254 thank you again guys! hope I didn't forget anyone that tried to cheer me up a few days ago!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku I know that feeling! but lately I'm feeling like being just a little more irresponsible, the funny part is that right after starting to think like this I reached season 2 of Keroro Gunsou and the opening is exactly about it! I was surprised!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

KittenKoder

Jaz007 wrote:

@KittenKoder All contollers having dual analog sticks wasn't something new? More power that opens up new possibilities isn't something new? The PS3 has always had the ability to play PS1 discs too I believe. Launch PS3 played PS2 games too, though that was removed to reduce cost soon after though. I don't see how they didn't deliver with having many good non plain-old shooter or cookie cutter RPGs too to fix things as well. Sorry, but I don't see the logic here.

No, analogue sticks are from the 1960s, my old TRS-80 COCO II had an analogue controller. No, innovation is what makes new possibilities available, just adding more RAM and a new storage system does not, we do that with computers every day and no one calls it a new computer. Also no, originally the launch PS3 did NOT play PS2 games, end of story, get your facts straight before trying to make some lame company that continually tries to screw it's fans over sound better than it is.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Dark-Luigi thanks! and cool avatar this new one! is it from W101?(I'm not sure )

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

Speaking of SEGA, I have a friend who seems to have forgotten (or not even ever known) that SEGA once made video game consoles... I happened to mention the video game crash of 1984, and then went on to say that Nintendo rescued the gaming industry... and then he said "and then Microsoft and Sony joined in!" ...he left before I realized that, wait, no, SEGA was in there first and was the other major competitor in the console wars... poor SEGA...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Auracle

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@Gioku I know that feeling! but lately I'm feeling like being just a little more irresponsible, the funny part is that right after starting to think like this I reached season 2 of Keroro Gunsou and the opening is exactly about it! I was surprised!

Trust me. There are few people more irresponsible than the Sarge and Co.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

GuSolarFlare

@Trululu true enough

edit: @ShadowFox254 it's good to be back!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

WinterWarm

@GuSilverFlame

Welcome back! Good to see ya.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

Jaz007

@KittenKoder Launch PS3's had PS2 components to play PS2 games, later systems had these components removed to reduce cost. The launches sytems had it and were built with it in mind.(if it wasn't out if the box, the it simply required quick download, hardly not having it like as you say). You contradicted yourself with saying innovation is something that allows for new possibilities and then saying power doesn't allow for innovation. A game like Assassin's creed, Skyrim, and Uncharted wouldn't be possible on PS2 hardware, but they are possible on PS3 hardware, which means power allows for new possibilities (aka innovation). Twin analog sticks may have existed before PS2, but it brought them into gaming as a standered, just like how motion and pointer controls existed before Wii, but weren't nearly as standardized. According to your standards, innoavtion doesn't really exist in Sony or Nintendo. You're hating Sony because you think it's cool, stop claiming you have sound logic and I don't, when you aren't willing to believe something becaue you it doesn't fit with your persoanally hatred.

Jaz007

KittenKoder

Gioku wrote:

Speaking of SEGA, I have a friend who seems to have forgotten (or not even ever known) that SEGA once made video game consoles... I happened to mention the video game crash of 1984, and then went on to say that Nintendo rescued the gaming industry... and then he said "and then Microsoft and Sony joined in!" ...he left before I realized that, wait, no, SEGA was in there first and was the other major competitor in the console wars... poor SEGA...

Sega made the first game console with 3D that used a parallax like technology, though it required glasses it was not using the old red and blue glasses. It was also ahead of it's time in console capabilities, ironically. Sega does still have a majority of the arcade market, at least, it won't die, their games are often instant classics. I do like Sega as well, and some of the old Genesis games are pretty awesome.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

KittenKoder

Jaz007 wrote:

@KittenKoder Launch PS3's had PS2 .....

Wish I still had the email to prove it to you, but meh, believe what you want, history is always written by the most powerful anyway.

Yes, innovation does mean something new, if it's not innovative then it's not going to appeal to many new people, and thus it is useless. Ask Apple.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic