Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 96,243

KittenKoder

@CountWavula: I still have my PS2, mostly because there are a few games I like on it and for the few DVDs I own. I never even bothered getting any of the newer Playstations, none of the games wowed me, none of them even looked interesting to me. I'm a Nintendo fangirl though, so yeah, I am a bit biased.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

Gioku wrote:

So we managed to avoid a day of zero posts in the Chit-Chat Thread. Well done!

But then the Zero posts appeared out of nowhere
Untitled
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Electricmastro

Makes you wonder if "The Power of Eight" exists.
Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Electricmastro

Gioku wrote:

@Electricmastro: Alright, let's make "The Power of Eight" happen! What should it be? Let's do this!

The first thing that came to my mind was something like this:
Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Jaz007

@CountWaluva You know the PS3 has many has many light-hearted style fun games right? You sound like you were glad to get rid of it because it just had a bunch dark games and is inferior to Nintendo. I'm not sure I understand logic here.

Jaz007

KittenKoder

CountWavula wrote:

Yeah, the PS2 definitely has a few or so games i'd be interested in playing like Klonoa 2, Mega Man X8 & X9, Contra: Shattered Soldier, Silent HIll 2,3 & 4, Fatal Frame II ect. I'd only get one for dirt cheap, since it's not something i'd want to keep but just to experience the following games above. It's odd how sony went 'dark' after the PS1. The PS1 during launch had many unique and colorful games like Rayman, Jumping Flash, Tomba!, Mega Man 8, Castlevania SOTN ect, where as the focus these days has completely gone to the dark side.lol Make way for overly violent shooters and what have you. I need a little joy in my life, that's where nintendo comes in.

Developer confidence fell when they realized that the PS2 was just an expanded PS1 with nothing new to really offer. So the only developers who were writing games for it were either fulfilling a contract, or just loyal to the company ... which results in a decline in quality. Nintendo had the same issue with it's first attempt at the eShop due to their policies. The PS3 lost fan confidence from the starting gate, and many gamers who were semi-fans of the Playstation, like me, were disappointed. I believe Sony has corrected the problem with the PS3 that lost most of us, but .... once a heart is broken you can't just throw it back together, you need a lot of tenderness .... such as a lot of really awesome game titles that are not just plain old shooters or cookie cutter RPGs. The issue was that the PS3 would not play PS2 or PS1 games out of the box, which meant you either had to have two systems, replace your whole library, or buy a $20+ CD.

Looking at the current library of games available, the system is basically blech anyway. Final Fantasy died a long time ago, and FFXII was the only decent version of the game released on Playstation, the ones after were just repeats of 7-10, essentially. The racing games were all clownish or slow and lame .... and that's all I ever liked on the PS. PS2 has some great Burnout titles, 3 is my favorite of that series, I still play that once in a while. Powerdrome was cool too. I never understood the appeal of that Grand Torismo game, it's sooooooo slow, and clunky. I tried several of those ones and didn't like any of them, yet it's so popular.

I also prefer portability, and the DS design is my favorite, not just because it's Nintendo, mind you. I love having the touch screen and display screen, especially if the touch screen is all the menus and the display screen is the actual game scene. No fingerprints to get in the way of the beautiful images. Now I'm kind of rambling, thinking it may be bed time. lol

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Electricmastro

Gioku wrote:

@Electricmastro: Yeah, I instantly thought Pirates. Pieces of Eight, you know?

Not so much pirates, but the silhouette itself.

Jaz007

@KittenKoder All contollers having dual analog sticks wasn't something new? More power that opens up new possibilities isn't something new? The PS3 has always had the ability to play PS1 discs too I believe. Launch PS3 played PS2 games too, though that was removed to reduce cost soon after though. I don't see how they didn't deliver with having many good non plain-old shooter or cookie cutter RPGs too to fix things as well. Sorry, but I don't see the logic here.

Jaz007

WinterWarm

CountWavula wrote:

I Finally got rid of my PS3 which didn't get ANY use outside of sitting there like a pretty ornament. I ended up giving it away as a Birthday present. Ahhh, i feel so much cleaner now.

If i feel the urge to even play Resident evil 6, i'll just borrow my friends PS3 and give it a whirl. Actually, i'm probably better off watching all of the cutscenes on YouTube because RE6 looks like a complete bore fest, aside from selling out to the COD crowd.

How can you say that?! SOCOM, Battlefield, COD, The Last Of Us, Uncharted, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Killzone... None of those interested you?

@KittenKoder

@Gioku I know right?!

Sigh

I'm hoping PS3s go down in price after the PS4 launches, I really want one! But they're so expensive... I guess I could get a Slim instead of a Super Slim...

Anybody else get a 3DS late? I still have Kid Icarus, Tekken 3D Prime Edition( yes, superior to Street Fighter), New Super Mario Bros. 2, Ace Combat, and a bunch of older games to get.

I was a bit of a 3DS noob at first... I didn't go to the eShop until a YEAR later. D:

I gotta catch up.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

Big_Boy_Chubs

So, I was one of the first to comment on this thread (5th, i think). I was on here A LOT until summer ended (when i got banned, there was a whole page filled with people talking about it, some good, but mostly bad). A few days later, when i came back, i noticed a lot of new people had joined the chit-chat thread, which i thought was great. when school started (august 1st) i stopped using all of my social media sites as much (NL included). I started leaving for short periods of time, and then those short amounts of time started to grow. After about three or four days, i'd come back, then leave for an undetermined amount of time. In that time, A LOT of new people joined this thread. I also noticed that quite a bit of the first people left too. Now it seems like it's gotten really quiet, here, and, i guess what i'm saying is, i'm leaving this thread. It was fun in the begining, but now, it's just.... weird.....

@Electricmastro best of luck! Hope you reach 3,000!

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

Jaz007

@CountWaluva Developers could put in an option, but couldn't rely on dual analog sticks with PS1 for the game. The way controllers are used changes completely from PS1 to PS2, with game design accompanying that change, it also changed things more than one analog stick did. It's not reaching at all. Motion allowed for new innovative and new experienes, but with third-partys the power of the PS3 gave birth to even more new and innovative experiences than Nintendo could produce alone. That new power may be standard, but then where was the new power with the Wii? It wasn't much more powerful than an original Xbox. So you're also forgetting that the Wii lacked something completely standard and expected too then. The new experiences more raw power can bring is being in denial, it can change pretty much everything just as much as other innovations. Power does much much more than graphics by the way.

Jaz007

WinterWarm

I really need to watch Return Of The King.

WinterWarm

@CountWavula

Wow, man.

@Big_Boy_Chubs

Didn't really understand any of that, but okay, see ya around.

sugarpixel

Hey @CaptainCharlie! Now that I've found my Mario Kart 7 game card, to celebrate (and also because this is the last day before Pokémon X & Y), I'm going to play online today! And if anyone else wants to play, they're welcome, too!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

hey everyone I'm back!!!!!! as for the situation I was in.... my parents told me to not get involved and not talk about it anymore and though I'm already an adult free to do what I want I recpect them enough to obey so I'm still frustrated and don't know if it's solved or not... but I'm back.

now to the good chit chatting. away with the problems(since I can't get involved anyway) next week ifs finally the great week of the

FIAP CYBERCUP

my group's robot will be competing and since all the group did was discarded and redone(full of new problems and bugs) by the programmer I'll be cheering for a group made of my friends! and I'll try to record it all to show you guys! I'm anxious I love those competition events! HYPE!

edit and before I forget

thanks for the words of kindness when the problems started, you guys are amazing

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic