Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,241 to 27,260 of 96,538

Tyranexx

I completely forgot there was a Nindie Direct today. The Cuphead announcement was a nice surprise; I still need to play that game.

@AlohaPizzaJack: The changes are mostly finished now. I came in early so that we can hopefully have the patched code go through testing this afternoon. I'm really close, but one of the two map programs that's a little more custom is giving me fits with how it's loading stuff.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

@Heavyarms55 Is fried rice with mayo a thing in Japan? And I mean frying the mayo with the rice. I saw it somewhere I think, and I just made it and it's pretty good.

@Anti-Matter I did; I own a Japanese copy of HG. But I don't speak Japanese, so don't ask me lol.

Octane

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Did you have that one pull to specific named variables instead of startswith or islike type evaluations or something?

13 outdated lines in the code,
13 outdated lines;
Patch the holes, compile and post;
837 outdated lines in the code!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@AlohaPizzaJack: There's logic in the main program/language that governs what icon image name to tie a data subset to that I've changed around. Then everything is written to a .htm file (all HTML with a healthy dose of JavaScript) that allows the data to be viewed offline in the app or directly from a browser window.

Before, it was referencing an old Google charts image API for the paddle markers that was officially unplugged this past Monday. The new images are still through Google (such as this) and are somewhat of a fit to what we were doing before. Of course this opens us up to a similar problem in the future, but we consider this more reliable than using an alternative image source online. The app is legacy anyway and is slowly but surely being replaced by a web app, so this is more or less a patch until this part of the program is eventually replaced.

Basically, what we're doing is allowing two or more subsets of data to be displayed at once. For example, say Ted and Tim both have a mail route. They want to meet for lunch and are trying to figure out the closest places and times to where their routes will converge. One route shows Ted's stops, the other shows Tim's in a different color.

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Oh, ok! I gotchya. So the target for the image selection essentially wasn't there anymore when the API shut down. At least that's not to terribly intensive, since it sounds like the data routing didn't change, it just simply ignored that whole instruction. Hey, only pineapple pizza is future-proof.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@AlohaPizzaJack: Yep! Sorry if that got a little wordy; I tend to try to be pretty detailed at times when explaining something I know well. I'd love to alter the program even more in that area and improve it with new features, but we're an agile dev shop with few developers. I have plenty on my plate for some time unfortunately. This particular area of the program marries interesting coding and maps, two of my favorite things.

It's a service management and route tracking program that we're marketing to different industries. One customer uses the maps part heavily for some route planning and was freaking out. The good news is that it will be out for beta testing soon.

Edited on by Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

@Morpheel now THAT sounds good. Wierd tid bit that I'm not sure anyone knows about as I've never seen them in store. But my biggest customer is Mars (manufacture of snickers, milky way, Skittles etc) and they had a sample bin filled with spicy Skittles. It was the oddest thing I've ever tasted. I think it was cinnamon flavored. No wonder i never see it in stores 😂

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I like to mix some regular and peanut m&m then drop in some raisins.

@Tyranexx Nah, it mad perfect sense to me. I often have to build my data from our medical record software into Crystal Reports 6, and build it out in a way that visually makes sense to execs. Then turn those adhoc reports around and get them to run on user input from the EHR. The trouble is Netsmart uses somewhat convoluted SQL tables.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

😭😭😭
Someone has bought Pokemon SoulSilver from Tokopedia. (It's Out of Stock now)

Anti-Matter

Eel

You could get Pokemon Crystal on Virtual Console to experience the game while you wait for Soul Silver to be available.

Yes, yes it's digital, but it's well worth the ten dollars and it has lots of retro charm.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfihs
I have already ordered 3 games from Ebay with my friend's help (Bomberman Battles PS2, Bomberman Land 3 PS2, Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers 3DS) before i realized Pokemon DS games become very rare. 😩
I cannot cancel my order since those 3 games i need also due to their rarity.
I really hope at least i still able to get Black 2 & White 2 ASAP.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@ReaderRagfihs lol and scary at the same time.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

In other news, there's a man in the Switch friend code thread looking to chat with girls, if any lucky ladies are interested.

I wonder how they feel about pineapple pizza....

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

In other news, there's a man in the Switch friend code thread looking to chat with girls, if any lucky ladies are interested.

I wonder how they feel about pineapple pizza....

There's only one way to find out

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@AlohaPizzaJack: Ohhhh, reports. We have a ton of them. Some built-in ones are useful for a lot of people, others are quite custom. We try to stay away from fully custom reports if possible, but sometimes when the sales people promise something or it's a longtime customer.... Plus SQL Server comes with its own oddities sometimes.

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

[Insert a certain Motley Crue song here]

Morrow

@Heavyarms55 That's cool. Do you enjoy being a teacher in JP?

That kind of sucks, but that's just how it is for teachers. That is pretty brilliant how you handle that though, haha. I'm actually studying Japanese to have a stable back up job as a translator for companies, while I try to achieve my dream of being a voice actor. I believe I can do it, but just because I believe I can, doesn't mean I shouldn't prepare, should the worst happen.

Morrow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic