Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,401 to 26,420 of 96,614

HobbitGamer

@Ninfan donโ€™t think you truly upset anyone. I know I was just having a laugh. Besides, if your grammar upset someone, they must have an awesome life with everything else figured out ๐Ÿ˜œ

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

dedicated servers for most games

Most of their stuff is P2P as well. Paid online is a scam no matter what way you're looking at it

@Ninfan Well, let's not use full capitals anymore. Please read the Community Rules.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
"defiantly a school teacher"

LOL ๐Ÿ˜†
Let me correct. ๐Ÿ˜›
"Definitely a school teacher," not defiantly.

Defiant = Showing defiance / bold disobedience.
Definitely = Absolutely.

Edit: Fixed some typos ๐Ÿ˜…

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BenGrimm

Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s definitely ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

BenGrimm

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Friendly tip from an even older guy: if you want to make part of your text extra clear, just use bold letters, instead of writing in all caps, which is indeed the internet forum equivalent of shouting.

In case you've no idea how to make text bold, the command to do so looks like this:

[ b ]I want to make my text look extra clear[ / b ]

I had to add spaces to show you how it looks, but normally, you'd need to type that without all the spaces in between the brackets to make it work, and it'll end up looking like this:

I want to make my text look extra clear

Alternatively, you could also use the letter 'u' instead of the 'b' to underline the text, or do both, just add extra brackets like this:
[ b ][ u ]put text here[ / u ][ / b ]

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Octane How does that work?Just put an * in front of the text, or on each side of the text?
And with or without brackets? Either way, that's just for bold text, what about italic or underlined, then?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, an asterisk in front and behind the text you want in bold; no spaces. So like this: #this text is bold#, but with an asterisk instead of a number sign.

Can't do italic and underlined with a shortcut I'm afraid.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Okay, good to know.
@Delibheel Aha, and underlined?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

Not sure about that one.

I know the tags DEL add a line across the text

Let's try some experiments

Text *
text _
-text- -
+Text+ +
/Text/ /
@text@ @
$text$ $
&Text& &
ยฐtextยฐ ยฐ
%text% %
~text~ ~

Nope, those don't work.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

This is fun

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@Delibheel "sup" is also a thing; subscript and superscript.

Weird that underscore does italics and not underlined text.

Octane

Octane

Add a few bright colours and it's starting to look like a 90's homepage.

Octane

Tyranexx

Don't forget the Comic Sans and the animated, unmatched backgrounds.

I knew about sub but not sup. And here I thought I had most of the site tags and shortcuts down. XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

If you want classic 90's we need to add scrolling marquees and funny gifs.

And don't forget the "under construction" image to let others know our page is unfinished.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic