Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,381 to 26,400 of 30,723

GamerMatty7

True haha, but I've always wanted to play it but now any legit chance of getting it is gone. Maybe I should accept it and move on but there are a few days still to try and I might regret it if I dont

GamerMatty7

GamerMatty7

"You can only take out pokemon using the file they came from, so you can't even use it to restart your game and keep your pokemon: they become permanent residents of the ranch with no way of coming back."
Oh right, didn't even think about trying that haha

"Here’s a pro tip: Add money before the deadline to do so happens"
Payment methods have been removed

Edited on by GamerMatty7

GamerMatty7

Morpheel

I guess if you really want to play it you could always just try hacking an old wii. We won't tell you how to do it here though.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GamerMatty7

I suppose. I'm not super desperate to play it so I guess that's an option I'll just put aside for the foreseeable future

GamerMatty7

Blooby

@Blitzenexx Definitely the standard size one. I'm used to playing handhelds with small screens, plus the white housing and the colorful YXBA buttons look absolutely fabulous on a 3DS system.

OK K.O. > Most Cartoon Network shows

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

Delibheel wrote:

I guess if you really want to play it you could always just try hacking an old wii. We won't tell you how to do it here though.

Actually, that would be allowed on here, seeing as the Wii is not a current gen console:

Do not discuss current gen emulators/homebrew; It is permitted to constructively discuss the use of flash carts, emulators and homebrew software when in the context of previous generation(s) hardware.

So, just as long as we don't link to ROM's or any other illegal software, it is perfectly fine.

@GamerMatty7 Just Google "How to softmod any Wii", and among the search results, look for a tutorial on a website called "gbatemp", and/or Google for "Letterbomb". Just read through those two, and if you feel confident or comfortable enough to go through the needed steps that these discuss, then you could always try that.

Subscribing to the gbatemp forum, which is free, also gives you the opportunity to communicate with the more experienced forum members, who can help you out with any problems you might run into. But if you follow all the steps exactly as mentioned, nothing can go wrong. I've done it dozens of times, and never made any mistake. You'll need to get a non-HC, 2GB SD card first, though.

You can get these here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-2GB-Secure-Digital-Card-Bl...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@Bunnymentendo: That's definitely understandable and fits my own mindset! Unfortunately I'm extremely picky when it comes to used/refurb units, so I finally just caved and went with the SNES XL unit over the holidays.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@GamerMatty7 You're welcome.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Morpheel

@ThanosReXXX but I won't go on and about how to pirate games (which is what playing that game would involve). And I'd appreciate if other people didn't either.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Delibheel wrote:

but I won't go on and about how to pirate games. And I'd appreciate if other people didn't either.

Pirate games, ya say?

Untitled

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel I never go into detail either, so I don't provide download links or whatever, I just give people some pointers and advice on how to mod a console, NOT how to download/pirate games. And in this case, I was never going to post more information than I just did, because that was really all that was necessary to point people in the right direction.

But all that aside, what else exactly would constitute being able to "constructively discuss the use of flash carts, emulators and homebrew software when in the context of previous generation(s) hardware"?

Really no offense meant, but if it is constantly up to the individual discretion of each and every moderator, then we'll never get one clear, universal message on how to deal with topics like this. I thought they were called "site rules", not "individual moderator rules".

I don't know if it was with you or with some other mod, but I've had this discussion before, when I helped people concerning the softmodding of their SNES Mini's. Back then, certain comments of mine were even removed, but after I clarified my point, same as I have now, my comments (which in all honesty were more of a grey area than my current comment here, because they also included videos) were put back up again, which would indicate to me that I didn't color outside the lines then, and I clearly haven't done that this time either.

Anyway, I'm not mad, offended or whatever, just wanted to clarify that, so far as I'm concerned, it's all water under the bridge now, my friend.

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Arrrrr....

Morpheel

@ThanosReXXX I remember that one.

We left your discussion and pointers intact, and removed all references to “rom packs” and links you included.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Yup, definitely more of a grey area, that one was...

GyroZeppeli

GyroZeppeli wrote:

Here’s a pro tip: Add money before the deadline to do so happens

GamerMatty7 wrote:

Payment methods have been removed

That’s my entire point. I can understand procrastination, but not purchasing the game for 10 years when you knew you wanted it? That logic doesn’t make sense and it is honestly really stupid that you waited last minute.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

ReaderRagfish

I just took my old Worms Armageddon disc, wrote an image of it, and mounted it to a usb drive. Now I can play it on my modern laptop!

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Anti-Matter

I found this from simsvip.

https://simsvip.com/2019/01/23/the-sims-4-official-community-...

If you are The Sims fans, please give your feedback to that survey from EA.
Please share your wishes about The Sims 4 on Nintendo Switch.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic