Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,061 to 25,080 of 35,564

NEStalgia

@Octane facepalm.... Endless facepalm. They implemented the teso crown store...... Which was always bad. But unnecessary. At this point my doom eternal switch preorder is getting cancelled.... And I'm preordering Anthem. I actually have significantly more faith in EA delivering quality and value than Bethesda at this point. Bethesda is now worse than EA ever was. I love TESO, but that's the last Bethesda game i buy unless they massively turn around. This is beyond horrible.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit You could check with Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3D...
Most drives aren't that expensive, in my opinion.

I never modded my Wii U, since I still use my Wii for all of that kind of stuff, but I kinda assumed that it would be possible to read and install GameCube discs directly on the Wii U, once you got the Wii part modded? That would immediately solve the problem, if you have Nintendont and a USB Loader installed.
(EDIT: never mind, I've already informed myself on the topic. Stupid that they removed that from the Wii U.
Would have been a nice bonus on top of the Wii mode)

Another option is to get a used Wii from a reputable game store, or to get a used, refurbished drive from a website like this one:
https://www.replacebase.co.uk/nintendo-wii-replacement-comple...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX Thanks. I have discovered a potential solution to my issue though. I was following an ifixit guide that said nothing about removing an anti-static blob of solder on the new lens ribbon, which apparently needs to be done. I don't have a soldering iron currently but I'll get one and see if that does the trick.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

I'm going to go watch Ralph Breaks The Internet soon. Hopefully I like it almost as much as the first movie.

@NEStalgia: Your post reads like I would enjoy the older Fallout games at any rate. Part of what has kept me away to begin with was that the more recent ones were a little too survival shooter-y for my tastes.

I would not go so far as to say that they have reached EA levels just yet though.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Wii U VC), Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

SheldonRandoms

Bethesda are gifting gaming news channels with video content they can rev up so fast, as well as possibly ad revenue from those videos, how nice of them indeed!

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit That sounds weird. What would a blob of solder be doing on a ribbon cable? Sounds damaging, and so does removing it, seeing as that will involve heat and melting. Oh, well. Good luck, then.

Just in case: Nintendo might have taken a couple of sites down, but there's still plenty of them around that are reliable and have an extensive archive, such as Vimm's Lair (once on that site, go to The Vault), RomsMania, Emudieval, Rom Hustler or Ziperto.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

RedderRugfish

It just occurred to me that we're already only 7 days away from Christmas. Wow.

Time flies when you're not having fun.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Fooligan

7 days... till they can stop playing that god awful Christmas music in every shop.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs What you actually meant to say, was Crihstmas, right?

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Sorry, couldn't help myself...
But, yeah, @Delibheel, the mod formerly known as Yosheel, formerly known as Meowpheel and his odd, Mexican sense of humor...

Octane

@NEStalgia And that's why avoiding online only/online service games has served me well. Expectations for Starfield and TES6 have dropped below zero as well.

Octane

HobbitGamer

@Blitzenexx How was Ralph? I like the first one. Ooh! And Pixels. I loooove Pixels.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Andrew_R_2000

over the weekend, I think I'll search for those "FE x-mas" stuff. I don't think what u saw is as bad as you're making it out to be.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

HobbitGamer

@Andrew_R_2000 Nah. Seems akin to a bathing suit theme, but winterized. I mean, that's what shows up in Google Images, and that's as far as I'm willing to dive

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RedderRugfish

I hate all of you

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

NEStalgia

@Octane That's the depressing thing. Starfield I never had expectations for. A new IP by Bethesda? That's a horrifying thought. But the thought that they're so off track and changed so much just in the past 2 years that TES6 might be a disaster is unbearable. I'm enjoying TESO as probably the last "real" TES game. I'm not sure how they went from "really low quality B-tier publisher" that published random Russian games more times than not, into this big sensation around the time of Oblivion, into a major league player with Skrim into "the worse EA" now..... I remember those days when they were mostly just a budget publisher not uttered in the same breath as Activision or Interplay.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

Andrew_R_2000 wrote:

over the weekend, I think I'll search for those "FE x-mas" stuff. I don't think what u saw is as bad as you're making it out to be.

Just don't dive beyond the first few rows.

@JackEatsSparrows: Ralph Breaks The Internet was pretty decent as far as sequels go; no sequelitis here! I think I slightly prefer the first movie, but this one is definitely worth watching. They nailed so many things about the internet, and there are tons of gaming, pop culture, internet, and brand references. The climax got a bit...weird, but I suppose it was necessary to explore how the dynamics of friendship can change over time as well as the feelings associated with said dynamics.

The scene with the princesses still makes me laugh (not spoilers as this has been in various trailers; paraphrased):

"Were you poisoned?...Cursed?....Kidnapped or enslaved?"

"Did people assume all your problems were solved when a big strong man showed up?"

"Yeah! I mean, what is up with that?!"

"She IS a Princess!"

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Wii U VC), Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic