Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,001 to 25,020 of 36,564

MysticGengar

I mentioned a few days ago that I have 4 more games to play after my birthday.
Now I can add all the Shovel Knight campaigns and The Messanger to that list.

It's gonna be a looong christmas break.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

Octane

@NEStalgia And to be fair, I probably forgot some of it as well. It's been bad news after bad news if you've been following the Fallout 76 news ever since it came out. Just a quick Google search and I found out that Bethesda patched the game, nerfed some settings and made who whole experience grindier, without telling anyone. It also introduced more bugs along with it. No surprise really.

Octane

NEStalgia

@JackEatsSparrows I'll agree that Todd is a lying tool. I don't know what happened to him. He was fine back with Oblivion and then sometime after that he went off the rails. All of Bethesda did. Fallout 3 was about as much a disappointment to existing Fallout fans as FFXIII. It was the beginning of "Bethesda-fying" the series. Though it still had a little bit of "Fallout" in it. I have this sneaking suspicion that Fallout 3 had included some of what Black Isle had designed for the abandoned Fallout Online MMO. That's the only explanation for it being somewhat, slightly, Fallout-ish. New Vegas was made entirely by Obsidian (half the ORIGINAL Fallout developers. Thus why that part actually feels like Fallout- it's the only part that actually is.) After that, Bethesda seems to be giving it the Prey treatment: Lets buy an IP and make it something completely different. They didn't want Fallout, a post-apocalyptic RPG set in the wacky wild west humans rebuilt after the apocolypse. They just wanted an apocalypse survival simulator and bolted the Fallout brand on so it sells more. That includes 4: "Watch the nukes drop!" That's not Fallout. Fallout is about what happens after the apocalypse is over, not enduring the immediate aftermath. That's Bethesda Apocalypse Prototype #3.

@Octane OMG....that's just......I think I ought to just delete that thing from my console. I paid full price....you know, the week before they dropped it to $40 seemingly all the time....I figure GwG/PS+ by the end of February ought to do it.... I didn't think it could possibly get that bad. It was grindy on day 1! I got to the first town, had random zombie/mutant raids for no reason into building (because doors are always open! Random players blowing through (because it's not an MMO...........) bodies would move after I killed them, couldn't see in the dark (and it was always dark).....and it doesn't even make sense there are mutants in their worlds....the mutants were from the west coast vats for the supersoldier program....that was established in FO1. Why are there mutants? Why is there a BoS on Reclamation Day on the East Coast? The whole game feels like it was outsourced to some Chinese mobile company, except if it were there wouldn't be all these bugs....

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Why did you even buy it lol? I saw this from miles away.

The game is currently discounted to €30, from €70 at launch, that's almost a 60% discount (and yes, the industry has managed to increase the price of AAA games from €60 to €70 in the last year or so without anyone noticing; game prices are stagnant my arse ).

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane I think that's the brexit pricing Still $60 in the US.....or $100 for the "Gold" edition that includes the whole game........

I really didn't expect that game was going to be that bad. I've been buying Bethesda games since Daggerfall. I know what to expect with them.....and this is on a whole other plane of failure.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Yeah, there's nothing in 76 that makes sense. Also, why would there even BE vaults in West Virginia?? I've been there, I have family that lived there. Generations ago immigrated to there. It's very pretty, but.... Trust me, there'd be no Vault building.

To think, if you just played it on PC instead, you could have had the patch delete 50 Gb of data for you and pretended it was all a nightmare.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

Are memes real? Can you touch a meme?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Yup, good ‘ole Greenbriar. Thanks for exposing that secret, WaPo ☹️

My dad has been there and Cheyenne Mountain. Cheyenne is nicer. And you won’t get dysentery from its creek water. (true story. )

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@JackEatsSparrows WaPo. Owned by Jeff Bezos. CEO of Amazon.com, probably the largest seller of video games, including Fallout 76. Coincidence? You decide.

<People interested in WaPo also looked at........ >

In hindsight, perhaps basing an entire virtual life around Greenbriar via Fallout 76 wasn't a good plan.

NEStalgia

Vinny

I played a bit of the 3DS version of Captain Toad back when it released. I resumed playing it recently and I really grew on me. Very clever puzzles, great soundtrack and it looks and runs great for a 3DS game!
Some non zoomable levels look small on the original's 3DS 3.5 inch screen, but it's not really their fault. They did an amazing job on this old hardware.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

HobbitGamer

I only bought Captain Toad on Switch, but I did play the 3DS demo and loved it. Very charming and fun. I was glued to it on my Switch. I hope they'll eventually make another.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Vinny

Just beat Captain Toad right now! Wingo is frickin dead.
Time to enjoy the extra Odyssey levels!

Tyranexx

@Octane, @NEStalgia: Sooooo I had a reply earlier all nicely typed out and proofread, but then the site decided to log me out for some unknown reason when I hit the reply button. Goodbye post!

Anyway, thanks for explaining everything in a nutshell. I can easily understand why so many are irritated with the game and Bethesda to say the least. It does indeed read like it was more of a cashgrab made to buy into the popularity of the Battle Royale genre right now. I'd probably feel the same if this was done to a franchise that I love and enjoy.

I've been told that I'd like the Fallout series; the primary reason why I've never played any of the games is because I've never owned any of the platforms that they're on (Minus PC, but I barely game on one these days, plus my laptop likely couldn't run much besides older indie titles at optional settings). I had a passing interest in Fallout 4 at one point but Noped away from it. It seems like I'd be more interested in the older entries though.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Wii U VC), Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

Wasn’t Wasteland done by some of the team from Fallout 1?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

RedderRugfish

Guess I should finally join in on the username changing trend

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

RedderRugfish

I hate it already. I want my h back. Only 90 more days...

Edited on by RedderRugfish

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic