Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,981 to 25,000 of 96,522

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: D'oh! Edited. I was doing a couple of other things at the time and forgot the tags.

I just have the DVD release of the entire Trilogy. In order, the running times are 178, 179, and 200 minutes. I never saw them in theaters; my parents were never into fantasy. I got into it on my own.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Yup, that sounds like the director's cut versions. Should also be written printed on the DVD box, somewhere. I do believe that the Bluray versions are even longer, though.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

Unless "Theatrical versions" is a fancy way of saying that, I'm not finding Director's Cut anywhere on the box that houses all three disks.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Yeah, could be whatever label they slapped onto it. I didn't mean director's cut in the literal sense of the word, but more like "or something to that extent", alluding to them being longer than the previously released versions. You could compare it with/Google for the latest edition of the trilogy, and see if the running times match or not. If they don't, then you might wanna consider trading in those DVD versions for the Bluray ones.

Might even inspire you to watch them all over again, in that far superior picture quality...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

Heh, I'll check in a little while! Funnily enough, while I'm into technology, I've never been one to upgrade something that seems to work perfectly fine. I've considered getting a dual DVD/Blu-ray player to get into the Blu-ray goodness more, but my current player also works totally fine. I don't use it too often, so that could just be the case too.

Tyranexx

...Part of me now wants the Blu-ray edition, but at the same token, that's a LOT of movie time. In any case, thanks for doing the homework!

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Yeah, from me too: thanks for the research.

@Blitzenexx Believe me: it isn't that noticeable. I've seen these extended versions twice now, and once you're watching, that time goes by without it becoming a drag or having a feeling of it being too long. Highly recommended, and not just because of the far superior picture quality.

Oh, and if you want a good and compact Bluray player, that's friendly for your wallet as well, look no further than this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Blu-Ray-Player-FiberTique-...
And it even upscales your DVD's, so it's a win-win.

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for that. I'll give it a go tomorrow or Friday; when I have the time at least

But we're back to the ''NLife is perfectly fine between 5 and 8''. So I'll just enjoy it while I can

Octane

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Speaking about DVD, is there any DVD player that can read any DVD movies regardless of its region and without modding ?

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Octane You're welcome. If I were you, I'd still use that info and that manual to see if everything is set up as it is supposed to be. You might never know what settings the previous owner has changed or added, which might in hindsight be responsible for your recent issues.

@Anti-Matter Yes, there is. I would advise looking for this model:
https://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Blu-Ray-Player-FiberTique-...
EDIT:
This device reads both Blurays and DVD's, upscales DVD's to 1080p, and it's region free.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Banjo-

I got the extended version of The Lord of the Rings trilogy on BD. Some of the cut content is important to understand the whole plot in this case.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter You're welcome.

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel So... you closed down the "As a woman, I don't object to sexy women in video games" thread, but you allowed the republican vs democrat debate to run free in the "How American are" thread? I think the former is more innocent than the latter, and it only got derailed by Charlie the Extremist, as per usual.
If not for him/her, there wouldn't have been any unpleasant part to the discussion.

It was actually interesting and informative, to read about a woman's view on these things for a change, and to see that definitely not all of them agree with the standard, more feminist trope. Instead, I think both threads could have been served with a couple of warnings to the people derailing them, instead of not allowing normal people to discuss it in a friendly and social manner. No offense meant, just my view on things.

LadyCharlie

@ThanosReXXX it's *her, not "him."
thanks for reading.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I glanced earlier and it seems like the bullhorns left the "How American" thread and it continued on as a normal discussion. Maybe the diff was that both the OP and FP got hung up on disagreement for the sake of it that the sexy lady thread was getting the dumpster fire early?

But yeh, I saw those few posts in "How American" and decided to stay away. I don't like the whole name-calling and hyperbole antics people use, especially for politics but just when coming across different views in general. At the end of the day, I'm gonna be sleeping in my bed and dreaming my dreams, not living someone else's life. So why make things miserable for myself, haha.

Today is a rough day at work. It's just draining with the sheer amount of times I've had to repeat myself. We've got over 500 employees, and I'm quite sure I've repeated things enough for all of them to hear many times over le sigh

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

I haven't closed that one simply because the thread title wasn't enough of a red flag to get me interested in checking it.

So I'll go check it now.

As for you, @CharlieSmile please tone it down with the tumblr attitude a tiny little bit. Thanks.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LadyCharlie

@Delibheel I will say, I'm not gonna be silent and passive when people intentionally address me incorrectly. such as @ThanosReXXX above me.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Eel

@CharlieSmile I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure Thanos said "him/her", as in, "I don't know so I don't want to make assumptions". Nowhere in his post did he refer to you strictly as a "he".

It's worth mentioning I don't mean just that one example, btw.

Anyway, @ThanosReXXX seeing how @Octane has posted in that thread I now declare that thread his and he must keep an eye on it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic