Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,981 to 25,000 of 26,122

AxeltheBuizel

@HobbitGamer yeah as far as I know Toys R Us only closed in the USA. Not surprising considering the ones I've been to in there have been generally lower quality then the ones in Canada. At least I was able to get a Palutena Amiibo for 2 dollars when they closed down.

Alpha 2 is the best Street Fighter and that's a fact~

JackEatsSparrows

@AxeltheBuizel They were pretty sad over the past few years. Dimmer lighting, inventory issues, the empty warehouse feel. I got a Ness amiibo for $3 and Chibi Robo: Ziplash with amiibo for $2 before the one in Savannah closed early this summer.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

AxeltheBuizel

@HobbitGamer I've noticed a lot of that too. In the US they were not a pleasant place to shop but the prices on things I'm interested in aren't too terrible, and occasionally there'll be something at a good price. Video game collectibles don't seem to sell well, so I've often seen them be clearanced out at amazing prices. My local one was selling 40 dollar Street Fighter statues for 8 dollars after no one bought them. I think my local store is starting to catch on though, as they recently reduced the Nintendo section to sell T Shirts. Admittedly they had a ton of Fox McCloud figures that were not selling at full price and I think it may have scared them off from stocking any more merch, as they warmed the shelves for a year!

Alpha 2 is the best Street Fighter and that's a fact~

ReaderRagfihs

I went to my local Toys R Us the day before it closed down, just because. It was a bit sad. Very few items left for sale, lots of empty shelves, and most of the staff were just cleaning stuff up.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx "As for the crowd complaining about the waifu censoring, I could care less. That's not what I play FE for."

This reminds me of Audrey Drake demoing FE Heroes where the entire segment was her celebration of Xander, her husbando. I'm not sure why FE seems to lend itself to become an imaginary breeding program. Ok...Awakening actually WAS a breeding program as part of the gameplay....that was weird. Pokemon and FE mechanics don't necessarily cross without coming across kind of creepy.

@HobbitGamer "Toys R' Us!", "HOW?", "Canada", "Boring...."

NEStalgia

MysticGengar

The last item I ever got from Toys R Us was a Dedede amiibo I ordered online using a gift card I found in my room. It was my first online order ever I did completely on my own. The last thing I bought in-store was a green inkling amiibo. I'm gonna miss getting those coupons in the mail on my birthday that nobody ever uses... This is technically my first birthday without one today. 😭😭😭

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

NEStalgia

@BrainOfGrimlock I really wish FE would get back to basics. The new games have been so rediculously bloated. The core of FE is the simple rock-paper-scissors loop. It's simple. It's tactical. You can think out each move. Valkyria embodies this to a not as refined degree. Echoes really reminds me of how it should be. Awakening and Fates have all this bloated garbage that I lose track of what I'm even doing and easily fall far, far behind on levels/abilities, etc because there's just too much needless complication to keep track of. Intelligent Systems just doesn't have the streamlined edge they used to have, I fear.

@Blitzenexx "social engineering"
....yep....

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfihs

NEStalgia wrote:

Pokemon and FE mechanics don't necessarily cross without coming across kind of creepy.

"Robin had a baby! We don't know how it got there, but he had it!"

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

Delibheel

Your Chrom and Cordelia are doing well.
They prefer to play with other units.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

The whole multi-generational thing sounds better if you don't think about it too hard though.... l In reality, the whole first half of he game is a breeding program! How is that not creepy for a video game? I mean, if there's no petting minigame, then half the story is just QTEs and cutscenes.

@Delibheel LOL

NEStalgia

Blitzenexx

I've never been to a Toys R Us. There never were any nearby. I remember begging my parents as a kid to take me to one, but it didn't happen.

I know what Harry Potter set is being mentioned. I saw the exact same set at Walmart but was scared off by the price.

Delibheel wrote:

Your Chrom and Cordelia are doing well.
They prefer to play with other units.

LOL

"Your Tharja and Ricken don't seem to like each other very much...."

@NEStalgia: I actually enjoy a lot of the support conversations in the newer titles (Because I'm a sucker for character development) and don't mind the "breeding program" to an extent since it allows for customization, but some pairings could be written better. I was more making a jab at the anti-censorship crowd when these titles come West.

"Waaaah! They took out unit petting! How will I show affection to my waifu/husbando now?!?! I declare dirty censorship!"

"They altered the clothing in the DLC! I will boycott and give this game a zero on every review site possible!"

...Changes like that have absolutely no bearing on the gameplay. I really don't understand the fuss.

Edited on by Blitzenexx

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Majora's Mask 3D, Super Paper Mario

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NEStalgia

@Blitzenexx Even for Japan the petting is kinda creepy.

TMS#FE had the best complaints on the internet though. Yeah...they kind of chose a replacement for chapter 2 that made almost zero sense in context. But they left in every reference to the real context including the character's jaws dropping when they discovered the book and Tsubasa having to rip it away from the guys (after finally closing her own mouth.) It's not like you couldn't figure out what it was all about. The rapper clothes were stupid though, I'll give the whiners that

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Blitzenexx

I actually haven't played TMS#FE, so I can't really comment on that one unfortunately. XD Kinda doubt that it's one I'll get around to.

Edited on by Blitzenexx

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Majora's Mask 3D, Super Paper Mario

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

JackEatsSparrows

We can physically pet naked domestic animals, but not virtual people?! SHENANIGANS

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ogo79

its dangerous to take this!
go alone.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Vinny

In this world, you either dab or get dabbed on

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

GyroZeppeli

Except for Luigi. He always wins without doing anything.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things: https://soundcloud.com/polar-experience/sets/nani

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

BrainOfGrimlock

@NEStalgia all the extra trash in the FE games doesn’t bother me too much as I can largely ignore the stuff I don’t care about, but admittedly the focus seems to be more on the ‘breeding minigame’ than the tactical core which is the very essence of what made the games so great to start with...

The attachment you get with your characters is needed to maxmise the point/risk/reward of the battle system/permadeath, but i’m not sure the way they go about it with the endless convos between characters is the best way - yet i missed the depth of it from awakening/fates when i played echoes?

How many people actually play with permadeath on now btw? I ask because my biggest issue with the series overall is the difficulty - i wish it was smarter when i crank it up, rather than just granting enemies higher health/stronger weapons and overwhelming with numbers. I have no problem letting a squad member stay dead when i feel the AI earnt it, but often it’s a result of a bizarro rng/crit hit or reinforcements that spawn same turn you had no chance to avoid without hindsight (awakening in particular was a pain for this!)

Weapon triangle is definitely still the coolest bit, it even added a nice layer of strategy to FE Warriors too which I was really fond of in spite of detractors.

I guess i like both the old and the new but all in all, if all the extra bits mean the games sell better and we get more frequent releases as a result, I can live with that. They can jog in with the awful stat increases that required dlc to overcome in Echoes though.

BrainOfGrimlock

ReaderRagfihs

Ugggh... I feel like I might be coming down with something. I hate being sick.

BrainOfGrimlock

@ReaderRagfish that sucks, sorry dude! Do you (or does anyone else) have a ‘go-to’ food for when they’re sick?

Chicken soup was always meant to be the remedy; I’m not sure why but for the longest time i’ve always just gone to town on tomato soup filled with ravioli and topped with grated cheese - comfort food at its finest!

NB: Hangovers are a completely different story that require McDonalds fries and the watery coke that only they can provide.

BrainOfGrimlock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic