Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,021 to 25,040 of 96,526

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: All good points to keep in mind! I'm starting to think you'd be great in sales! (If your aren't in that field already)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Alantor28

Hey guys, I mean to tell you that I recently got a job at a coffee shop and got two Switch games and two PS4 games last week:

(Switch)
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

(PS4)
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
Marvel and Insomaniac Games' Spider-Man

So this new year is great for me so far.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Erm... IT-related Sales & Marketing, actually.
Used to work for a big firm, had a sales team, trained youngsters, got tired of the typical company machinations and power structures, so I quit and started for myself, and have done so ever since, albeit with varying degrees of success. Harder, but ultimately less stressful and more satisfying.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Yeah... we oldies are hilarious...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Alantor28

Guys, I have a question for you. Is it alright for me to enjoy Nintendo Switch Online Service? I mean, sure I enjoyed it and don't mind the flaws it has right now, but I just don't want people to forcefully change my mind about it. Should I just enjoy it as it is and not let other people tell me otherwise?

Also, I asked about this on the Nintendo Switch Thread, but again, this is a stupid question, but is there a thread for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon and Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee trading and online battling. I really need to fill out my Pokedex on Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu.

ThanosReXXX

@Alantor28 Well, obviously, the answer to that is "yes, of course you should". If you feel that it is enough for you, or if you find that you DO enjoy it, regardless of what anybody else thinks, then that's all that matters.

Don't know about the Pokemon related stuff, though. Normally, you should be able to find if there is a thread about it, by using the search option in the forum topics.

P.S.

It wasn't a stupid question. Only a moron would think so, and the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Alantor28

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Alantor28 Well, obviously, the answer to that is "yes, of course you should". If you feel that it is enough for you, or if you find that you DO enjoy it, regardless of what anybody else thinks, then that's all that matters.

Don't know about the Pokemon related stuff, though. Normally, you should be able to find if there is a thread about it, by using the search option in the forum topics.

P.S.

It wasn't a stupid question. Only a moron would think so, and the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask...

Thanks for your reply. It's good to find some sane people here in NL. And I'll try using the search function to find what I'm looking for.

Alantor28

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

@Alantor28 There's nothing wrong with enjoying the service. I signed up and don't regret it. Arguing with others about it is pointless at this point though, we've all shared our opinions at this point and there's not much fruitful discussion to be had in that area anymore.

That's true. I guess you saw what's going on in the Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Thread, huh? I agree with you on that. I am not gonna argue with people who don't like it. It's just not worth the effort.

Anti-Matter

@Alantor28
If you only care with Online service for playing Online (Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, ARMS, etc) then subcribe it with $20 for 1 year.
You can always ignoring the NES games compilation from Nintendo if you don't like it.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Alantor28 you can enjoy whatever you like. Don’t let people forcefully change your mind. Just enjoy how it is and ignore the flaws. Never let people over the Internet forcefully change your mind

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Alantor28

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

@Alantor28 If you look back through his old posts, you'll find him arguing with me about the exact same stuff 5 months ago, and his viewpoints have not changed at all. I'm not afraid to argue when I disagree with something, but eventually it gets to a point where you just gotta say "what's the use?"

Yikes, glad I added him to my ignore list.

Tyranexx

Same here. While I'm not a huge fan of the details of the NSO service - though my issues are mainly with how save backups with the Switch are handled in general - I'm not gonna ruin it for those that are okay with it. It's ultimately your money and how you want to spend it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

HobbitGamer

I actually played the NES games for awhile earlier till I chilled out from work. I’ve gotten better at Super Dodge Ball, but I’m awful at Mario Bros.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Alantor28

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

@Alantor28 If you look back through his old posts, you'll find him arguing with me about the exact same stuff 5 months ago, and his viewpoints have not changed at all. I'm not afraid to argue when I disagree with something, but eventually it gets to a point where you just gotta say "what's the use?"

Yeah. Also, can I ask you about shaneoh? Should I add him to my ignore list as well? Honestly, I think he's like GameOtaku. And did you argue with him in the past and realize he's not worth the effort later?

Tyranexx

Mmmkay. I'm enforcing a game buying ban on myself until mid-March. Between caving for a SNES Classic before they disappear and losing my resolve to a sale on Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, my backlog definitely doesn't need to expand for awhile.

I'm determined, but we'll see how long this lasts.

@ThanosReXXX: Awesome! I don't know if I'd enjoy sales myself as I'm not much of a people person half the time, but I'm glad that you could make a career out of some that you enjoy! I'm kind of surprised I was spot on with that observation, actually....

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Well, maybe you're actually more of a people person than you think you are.
In this case, you were either very lucky, or you're actually a good judge of character. And I wasn't even doing my ACTUAL sales pitch. This was more of a friendly neighbor kinda advice thingy...

And I only recommend what I know and trust. Got my own LG Bluray player/recorder 5 years ago, and it's still going strong, so I've no problems with and feel pretty safe about recommending that brand to anyone else.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

GeoChrome

@Blitzenexx Do have an estimate on your backlog size? I have about 15 that I either haven’t completed or haven’t started yet.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs Have you read his biography of Mariotehplumber, Rosie Love, yet? It’s amazing.
@Atlantor28 shaneoh can be stubborn at times, but he usually doesn’t argue. Most of his comment are jokes, which kept me at this site years ago.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Alantor28

@ReaderRagfihs Okay, he's not that bad, right? shanoeh I mean.

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs I only read the beginning of the final chapter and was impressed. It’s funny but also well developed.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic