Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,661 to 24,680 of 96,537

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Um...
Do you play Wii / Gamecube games ?
One question about Gamecube Freeloader.
Is Gamecube Freeloader still working on Wii with latest update 3.3 and higher ?

And also about Earthlock : Festival of Magic.
The PS4 & Xbox one have physical release with subtitle Festival of Magic (Old version), while the Switch, PS4 & Xbox one version also got the Remake version of Earthlock without subtitle. My question is, if i own Earthlock Festival of Magic Old version in physical (PS4 / Xbox one version), will i get the Update so i will play the Remake version with Old version disc ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Sorry, I have no idea. Never used that. I only have my own PAL region GameCube games, so these work for standard Wii's and for other GameCube titles and so on, I've soft-modded my Wii, so that already makes it region free without the need for a Freeloader disc.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Octane Yeah, I mean it's a fighting game, true to modern fighting games but without all the obligatory DLC. SFV now has a story mode, but it originally didn't. Smash, SC6, DBF:Z, etc all have good story/map modes. Tekken 7 has a story mode and it probably shouldn't. BlazBlue has "story" modes that's literally just an anime with no playable parts (or a handful of them.) Like launch SFV, and Tekken 7 it's just a straight up fighter with an arcade mode. Not a bad thing, that's how fighters always were. I'll say the online is way way way better than Smash and XBox Tekken 7 though.....

NEStalgia

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I already own Golf Story. It's a neat little game; I should give it another go some day. I think I quite because there's no retry button. If you want to redo a challenge it's a bit tedious. Other that, I like it quite a lot. I also beat Minit the other day. It's definitely one of those games you want to beat in a single sitting; but it's also very easy to start over as it can be pretty short if you know what you're doing.

Well, I have to say that I'm not really into fighting games to begin with; I don't really care for them, and I don't see the appeal unfortunately. ARMS looks neat though. I just wish there was more to it. I'm not sure if that's possible for a fighting game, and maybe I'm asking too much, I dunno

Now we're on the topic of indie games; I did want to buy Return of the Obra Dinn recently, but I discovered it wasn't even on Switch. I could've sworn I saw a Switch trailer for that game during a Direct... But maybe I'm mistaken...

Octane

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX I did buy this at launch and also the reason I bought a second joy con. I enjoyed it at first as there wasn’t really much big games at the time on the switch, online was good but after the online subscription, it was a ghost town and got really boring. Kids enjoyed the game at first too but after 5 hours of trying all the players, they just stopped playing it, maybe splatoon 2 just took everyone away from it especially online and then there was mario kart 8 aswell. It’s a ok game and I found playing this with a pro controller better. I believe this would of done better if this game came out later 2017.

I gave up on this game and traded it in. The 2nd switch game I traded in.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@Octane To be honest, most fighters I know and have played, have no more than a thin shell of a story line, if any, and sometimes even just tacked on for the hell of it.

But hey, that ARMS demo is definitely single player, and it's free and never ending, so you could always download and play that for free...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO Which game? ARMS? And what was the other game you traded in?

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX super bomberman r. It wasnt too bad. I bought it for 35 and traded it in for 25 at game.uk.

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Nope. Only a couple of different levels/fights, but you can play them as many times as you like. The timed stuff has (fortunately) stayed on the 3DS...

@1UP_MARIO Ah, okay. I do like those games, and I own several of them, on various consoles and on home computers (Commodore Amiga), but I've never bought them full price or even for the price that you paid for it. Bargain bin material, mostly, and always low on my wanted list.

With any console or handheld, I always start with the must have titles, such as titles specific to that system, and of course the big titles, and then we go from there, and add some smaller games and/or indies...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX exactly. They were selling this game for 50 pounds in the uk at launch which I thought was crazy but did find it cheaper online.
I don’t usually trade in first party Nintendo games but I think I was just hungry for games to play on the switch.
Games I traded in superbomberman r, arms, Donkey Kong tropical freeze (still have Wii u copy), rocket league collectors edition(bought digital for cheap), Fifa 18 and snipperclips plus.
It was a Zelda BOTW and snipperclips machine for a while until Arms mariokart 8 splatoon 2 came out.
I’m blabbering on and going way off topic. Bad day at work

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX if your a new switch owner. The online game that surprised me in 2018 was mario tennis aces. Definitely recommended title. Short story mode but take it as a great tutorial. Online mode is fantastic and works brilliant. I hate tennis generally but the game play and game mechanics is amazing the game has a great healthy online community, always players online.

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO Don't worry, blabber away: that's what the chit-chat thread is for...
And yes, I'm a new Switch owner. Bought it on the 28th of December. Thanks for the recommendation, and I'll probably get Mario Tennis Aces at some point in time, but I'm not much of an online gamer, unless it's in first person or third person shooters, and exclusively with friends, so it'll be a second or third tier purchase for me.

Did buy nearly all the previous games, though. Both on consoles and handhelds, so I've no doubt that I'll eventually get it, but for now, Breath of the Wild, Golf Story and Super Mario Odyssey will keep me busy on the Switch, and then there's also plenty of stuff to play on my Xbox One, so I'll manage, for now...

gcunit

Speaking of golf... here I am not a million miles away from 40 and I only tonight find my calling.

I fired up Wii Fit U for the first time in a while and found there was a golf swing analysis function that I never knew about.

I don't play golf, and the once or twice I've accompanied a mate to a driving range I've been bored after 3 minutes, but on my very first swing on this analysis jobby, this is what I get:

Untitled

So then I complete the prescribed 20 swings and this is what I get:

Untitled

Untitled

So it turns out I'm a GD golfing genius and I never even knew it. Either that or Wii Fit can't be all that accurate, which I find very hard to believe...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

I've never been one for playing a fighting game long-term. I'm entertained by them, but they often don't have a lot of mileage for me. The only happy exceptions so far are Smash and the occasional romp with Street Fighter.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

The local hobby lobby has yarn on sale and I found the softest yarn ever.

I bought a new knitting loom. I'm making a scarf.

I'm gonna miss Arizona. But hey, one more day until Disneyland.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

By a person who joined just to bring attention to that game... And lists other game made by the same Dev in their list of favorite games...

They're either a troll or a misguided employee.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GeoChrome

@Delibheel I would agree, but the games he listed as his favorites (I assume you are referring to his account bio) are neither developed nor published by the same companies.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic