Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,681 to 24,700 of 96,590

Heavyarms55

So guys, I have learned I can be remarkably lazy. Sometimes I will stay sitting in my chair or under my kotatsu, hungry or thirsty, because I don't feel like getting up to get something.

How about you? Ever do something that comically lazy? (or rather, not do something, lol)

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

LadyCharlie

@Heavyarms55 I've stayed in bed for entire weekends, but I dunno if that's laziness or major depressive disorder. maybe both, Idk.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Heavyarms55

@CharlieSmile I mean, it really could be either, and honestly only you could answer that. But a whole weekend without getting out of bed? I mean you must have at least used the toilet and eaten something?

LadyCharlie

@Heavyarms55 don't need to use the toilet if you don't eat/drink anything!

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Heavyarms55

@CharlieSmile Tell that to my internal organs please... #TMI

HobbitGamer

@1UP_MARIO Hey, I got the vWii stuff working. thanks for the tip.
@Heavyarms55 Once in awhile if I leave my big water cup (seriously, it's 100oz) in the dining room and I get thirsty while playing a game, I'll pause the game and just stare for awhile at the cup in another room. Even if it's not in my line of sight. I know it's there, waiting.

I'm back at work after being off for illness Thur/Fri/Mon. and I have 119 emails and 12 voicemails. Oh, but all the voicemail consist of only "This is blahmcblahberton, please call me back". You biscuit-eaters, my voicemail message plainly asks that you leave a detailed message and reason for your call. This is a corporate phone, I know who called it. So I sent out an email to managers that basically went "if you called me, i'm not calling you back, because you didn't say why, so it must not be important to you".
Accounting is on my shins about some numbers they need, our assistant is out because i don't know, and I've gotta deal with a federal contract that may or may not have allocation past 01/11 unless justice dept gets an appropriation bill signed.
It's good to be back.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@JackEatsSparrows I wish I had the confidence to send out a message like that to my co-workers. "what do you mean you wanted me to teach a class, if the schedule changed, and 3 posted schedules all say math, how would I know it changed to English unless you tell me?! I cannot read your minds, be grateful I can read Japanese! A lot of foreign English teachers can't!" or when they ask me to do more, and I tell them "I'd love to, what would you like, a grammar activity, a game, a culture lesson, what is more? How long do you want it? When do you want? Do you want to look it over first, or can I just walk in and do it? DON'T JUST SAY "MORE"!!!...

Rant over... Point is I wish I had confidence to say that so directly...

Also you totally have my sympathies for that federal contract thing. From what I've followed online, that shutdown doesn't sound likely to resolve itself too soon. But look on the bright side, at least you aren't on the government side, being forced to work without pay, or sent home without pay and no idea when you'll be brought back in...

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Well, to be fair, I've got a few ticks in my favor. I was brought on by the CEO directly for clinical work, then an opening in administration aligned with my studies. And having letters behind your name beyond educational degrees gives ALOT of leeway in the health field.
You should see some of these things. It's hee-haw-hilarious.

I think it'll just be a matter of either they don't refer any additional probate individuals or we will contract on a promisary agreement and reconcile the invoices later. Our contract officer is very good at her job. But yeah, it does stink. All i'm gonna say is I wish someone would put the legislative and exec folks in the capitol rotunda, remove all the news cameras, and have the sergeant at arms lock them in until they can get their act together. XD

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

In this world, you're either a lvl 1 crook or a lvl 35 boss

"That's how mafia works!"

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Heavyarms55

@JackEatsSparrows Political details aside, politicians are the only ones I can think of who can refuse to get their job done and consider it somehow doing their job. Could you imagine if one day you just said, "naw screw it, I refuse to do this" Even with your seemingly good position, do you think you could just not do your job for 2 weeks and screw over countless people depending on your job getting done, and not get in trouble for it? And even still get paid! I can't think of any job aside from being a politician in America where you can just not work and keep your job like this.

I might get annoyed at my co-workers on occasion when they don't tell me when a schedule change, or wont tell me what they want from me. But overall my job is really solid. So long as I show up and do a minimum and don't cause trouble, the worst I have to worry about is a talk down from my supervisor. But I can promise you, if I didn't do my job for 2 weeks, I'd be looking for another job!

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Trust me: it's not just politicians in America. It's politicians full stop. Mind you: nothing as severe as in the States, but similar events and mishaps have most certainly occurred in various countries and parts of the world.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 For real. And you’re right, you can completely remove any political belief from it and still agree that getting paid to not work is ludicrous. And to think that being a member of Congress was originally intended to only compensate as if it were a part time job.
I’ve gotta say, all the medleys in smash make a perfect work playlist.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

I forget which state it is...Wyoming maybe? But there's a state where at least some government offices are or were strictly volunteer jobs. I'm not saying all politicians are useless, but the ones who are only in it for the money disgust me. You should worry about doing things for the betterment of the people, not "Sure, I'll do it, but what's in it for me?"

This from someone whose state is a mess politically.

I also feel that some jobs in general should have more pay to them and some less, but that's a rabbit hole that I don't think would be wise to get into here.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vinny

Actually looking forward for Extra Kirby's Epic Yarn. Though you can't all die at all (it feels a bit like a Lego title), I actually enjoyed it. It was a relaxing title with a unique aesthetic and nice soundtrack.
Also, the minigames will probably be very fun

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

GeoChrome

@Vinny I forgot that was even a thing 😂. Just goes to show that Nintendo is trying to distance itself from 3DS by not featuring it that much.

Also, the only things that exist in this world are Lvl. 99 Boss and Lvl. 1 Crook. The Lvl. 35 Boss is always wiped out first.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Anti-Matter

I just wondering about this Gamecube game.
Untitled
Is it good enough for 3D Cartoonish Action games with Disney franchises ?

Anti-Matter

GeoChrome

@Anti-Matter From the reviews I’ve seen, it’s not a great game. Instead, I would recommend Quack Attack/Goin’ Quackers, another Donald Duck game on GCN. I have very fond memories of that one.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Anti-Matter

@GyroZeppeli
I have watched the Quack Attack from Youtube immediatey after you mentioned it, but.....
Quack Attack was too similar like Crash Bandicoot.
And i didn't really like with the 3D rendering from Quack Attack.

I have chosen Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex Gamecube version as my upcoming Gamecube games to be purchased, but when i saw Quack Attack, i didn't feel impressed as much as PK out of the Shadows (PK was running on 60 fps with Cell shaded style was impressed me).

Well, i guess i will choose PK as my Finale Gamecube games to be added (12th). For Gamecube, i opened the quota until 12 USA games by Maximum since i knew Gamecube didn't have a lot of good game choices as many as PS2 / Wii have.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

There’s always Billy Hatcher....

@Blitzenexx I agree. And I’ll shout into the rabbit hole. Why do first responders get paid less than a public official. You don’t need a condo in DC if your home state is not Virginia or Maryland. Stay at a friggin Spring Hill suites or days inn like your constituents.
Blarrrrgh

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic