Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,641 to 24,660 of 96,447

GeoChrome

@Heavyarms55 I’m pretty sure that was directly caused by Harvey. Late 2017-early 2018 really was a disaster for Houston, the worst case I saw was a local church getting so much damage that it was closed for half a year or more.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

Fun fact, winter doesn’t do anything to the invasive fire ant.
Just watched Chappie. Pretty cool remake of Short Circuit 2. 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@ReaderRagfihs You're right, we shouldn't get into that here because we clearly see things quite differently on that subject.

@GyroZeppeli Ah okay that makes sense. Sounds terrible for that Church. If it was that badly damaged I wonder if they might have been better off totally rebuilding. Hopefully the time spent means there were very careful in the repairs. You really can't play with water damage.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Delibheel What benefits could there be to that? Are we talking like insurance fraud or something?

Heavyarms55

@ReaderRagfihs Are you sure it was the same bee? lol

Heavyarms55

@ReaderRagfihs Well maybe the bees were just messing with you, and when you went from destroying their nests to killing they decided to find a different human to toy with.

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I'm trying. Pikmin, Metroid, they just all take an awful long time to release!

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Welp. The guy florting at work decided he didnt want to anymore just as I was warming up to the idea.

And Im spending my birthday on my own (thanks friendos) so ill go to work, come home and clear my backlog with a nice bottle of single malt.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Yeah, they certainly do. I'm especially wondering what's up with the former. According to Miyamoto-san himself, it has been gathering dust on a shelf for quite a long time already, being practically finished, and yet they don't release it.

And as for Metroid Prime 4, I would have expected there to be a real trailer by now, maybe just an intro, possibly some gameplay teaser. It's been over 18 months now, and surely there must be some parts of it that are already up and running, but I'm afraid we're not going to see more of that one before the next E3 either.

So, in the mean time, why not fill out the catalog with all the other great titles available? For me personally, it would be near impossible to stick to 5 or 6 titles for such a long time, although I reckon I can keep myself busy for quite a few months with Breath of the Wild, but other than that, most games are no more than temporary time killers. Highly entertaining ones, but temporary nonetheless.

@Knuckles-Fajita Wasn't your backlog something like 5 or 6 titles (or more)?
Pretty impressive if you'd be able to clear all that during the consumption of a single bottle...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX

Persona 5
Tetris Effect
Superhot
God of War 3 Remastered
Sleeping Dogs
Super Meat Boy
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Katamari Damacy REROLL
Dragon Quest Builders
Octopath Traveler
Batman Arkham City
Metroid Prime Federation Force

Thats just from memory...

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Well, that's quite the list already. It would seem that besides work, you've got more than enough to keep you busy. Some nice variety in there too. I got Sleeping Dogs for the Xbox 360, quite a while back. Something of a sleeper hit, in my opinion.

Superhot is also quite entertaining. It's the thinking man's fps, wrapped in a bullet-time blanket.
I've also always liked the Batman games. Got most of them on the Xbox, and I've got the Armoured Edition of Arkham City on the Wii U.

Project Octopath, DKC Tropical Freeze & Dragon Quest Builders are on the wanted list.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Well, at the very least it's all good stuff.

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I think ''now in development'' for Metroid Prime 4 was the worst case scenario; and people laughed when I said it won't be out until 2019. Even then I'm starting to think 2020 is a more likely scenario.

I'm always open to recommendations. I recently bought Axiom Verge because I hadn't played it yet, so I have something to play on the Switch. I'm not a JRPG guy, I've played a lot of the ''ports'' on PC or PS4 already, and I own a Wii U and pretty much every first party game. I'm fine with that though, first year or so of a new platform is always a bit shallow on content for me. I didn't get a PS4 until 2015, and the only reason I got the Wii U as early as I did was because of Pikmin 3.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Yeah, Pikmin 3 quite quickly found a home on my Wii U as well. Such an enjoyable game...

As for Switch recommendations: well, depends on what you like, of course. The two games I've bought first (Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey) are two absolute must-haves for the Switch, far as I'm concerned, and now that I've played the demo, I must say that I also really enjoyed ARMS, so if you like that kind of game, then that's a good one as well.

In my previous comment, I mentioned some of @Knuckles-Fajita's games, so there's a couple of Switch games in there as well, and besides that, there's the f2p game Warframe, which is better than most people that haven't tried it yet, seem to think, only judging it based on it being free to play, so it "must" surely be garbage, and full of micro-transactions.

The answer to both of those is a resolute NO. You can actually play the entire game without ever spending a single penny. It just takes longer to grind and level your character up, but other than that, you can play both the single player and online parts completely free.

Oh, and don't play Fallout Shelter, especially not if you like these kind of management sims. It's too late for me, I'm completely hooked, and it's the game I've by now sunk the most hours in on the Switch. It's another free to play, and it's simple, fun and addictive, provided of course that you like the genre.

And if you like RPG's, then Project Octopath is one to look into, but if you don't like the SNES-like visuals, then another brilliant, and highly addictive RPG is Earthlock. I have it on the Xbox One, and it was one of my favorite games from last year. Sunk quite a few hours in that one as well...

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I've got Odyssey. Lovely game. Haven't completed it yet, so maybe I'll do that some day. And I already own Zelda on the U; it wasn't the game I wanted from the Zelda franchise, so I'm definitely not going to double dip any time soon. Maybe if it drops in price, but let's be honest, it never will

I like the looks and concept of ARMS, but it's pretty much online only, and that's a real shame IMO. I would've loved a Splatoon-esque campaign mode, I think that would have been enough to convince me. I didn't get to try out the demo unfortunately.

I'm mainly into action-adventure/platformer/puzzle games. I'm fine with racing games like Mario Kart and games like F-Zero, WipeOut, etc. I'm looking forward to Luigi's Mansion. I hope that's going to be good. The original was alright; like a good 7, so I wasn't asking for a sequel, and I'm a bit surprised it got one. I love to see Nintendo tackle something like a modern take on Murasame Castle as well.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane ARMS online only? That's not the impression that I got from the demo. And even though they're locked, all the options are actually visible in the demo. It offers both single and multiplayer, and also local multiplayer, so the online seems no more than another option for multiplayer to me.

As for the rest: have you ever browsed the free games and demos section in the eShop? It's a great way to find some hidden gems, and practically all genres are in there. I think I've downloaded practically all of them, and played plenty of them by now as well. I was also pleasantly surprised by the fact that Nintendo finally dropped the insanely stupid concept of timed demos, such as they offered on the 3DS.

That still annoys me to this day...

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Well, pretty much. There's not really a single player component to it. It's one of those games I'll gladly check out for €20, but it doesn't seem worth the €50 to me. It's not like there's an actual story mode, like there is in Smash for example.

I haven't been on the eShop a lot, I'll check out the free games!

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane I'd search for demos as well. Might just win you over on some games that you might be on the fence about.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I also downloaded Golf Story. If you liked Mario Golf on the Gameboy Color and Game Boy Advance, then you're also going to like this one.

And as a final recommendation for now, you might also want to check out the trailer of Rogue Trooper Redux in the eShop. On the Wii, that game was one of my favorites, and now it is overhauled and HD-ified.

ThanosReXXX

@Octane By the way: I just looked up some more info on ARMS and I suppose that it depends on what you're expecting from it, or what you see as little single player content. From what I've gathered, there's 10 campaign levels, and various difficulty settings, with the higher ones become quite "insane" according to some critics/forum commenters, so to overcome all of those, should keep a single player busy for quite some time to come, and of course it's a good way to unlock all the weapons/gloves.

To me, that's more than enough content. Most fighters I've played and/or play also don't have more or much more than 10 stages, so it kinda comes with the genre. (games like Super Smash Brothers might be the odd exception to the rule)

But, having said all that, even I am not sure that I want to pay full price for it, but mainly because it's "just" a fighting game, and I almost never buy these for their launch price, far as I can recall.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic