Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,381 to 24,400 of 33,144

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Yeah dood. It's rough here. And that's southeast, not the mountains far inland.
My office is 50, because the server room is down the hall. IT never got back to me about turning on office heat yesterday.

@Anti-Matter Now that's stuck in my head. Along with "Who Can It Be Now"

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BlueOcean

@ReaderRagfish Wii was the console I got more games for before Xbox One and still is my biggest physical games collection. My favourite "under radar" games are the two Project Zero (Fatal Frame) games (4 requires a translation patch), Pandora's Tower, Zack & Wiki, The Darkside Chronicles, Deadly Creatures, Cursed Mountain... Zack & Wiki is the game that made the best use of the Wii Remote not as a pointer and it was an early game.

BlueOcean

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer It was November most of October, and December most of November. I'm terrified to think of Dec through March. That's brutal for GA though....you guys don't get to freezing all that often there, do you?

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Not really, no. And typically the lowcountry area (Savannah-Charleston and surrounding counties in GA/SC) only gets this cold in late January for a few weeks through march. Now it's 37 outside. But the cotton and crops did much better this season, so it's sort of evened out. There's actually still cotton waited to get reamed up now, too.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BlueOcean

@NEStalgia And Trump says that the climate change doesn't exist. He is wiser than all the scientists in the world.

BlueOcean

Morpheel

Let's please not delve into politics.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Well the debate of if humans are affecting the climate, and to what extent, and at what rate (the actual debated, controversial aspect) aside, of course the climate always changes on its own as well, and the odd expectation it would always remain the same is just silly given the history of the planet's climate that we know. The part that should be frightening now is the likely pending mini-iceage given the Solar Grand Minimum's low activity, that for some reason the media never talks about but the astronomers never hide... Return to the 18th century, the Year without Summer (snow in NY in July).....that should last a hundred years or so...so...yay? I'm moving to Guatemala. Wonder how streaming-only works there....

NEStalgia

RedderRugfish

@BlueOcean Tatsunoko VS Capcom alone is reason to own a Wii. I've been addicted to fighting games for the last year or so, and I'd put it in my top 5 for sure.

Speaking of which, do you guys still own your Wiis? I was thinking we should play some Mario Kart or Tatsunoko online through wiimmfi (the only thing required is the Wii internet browser).

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Morpheel

@NEStalgia what about Ecuador. There's alpacas in Ecuador.

If Hollywood movies have taught me anything, is that any incoming ice age or world ending disaster will stop right at the border with Mexico, so I should be safe here.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Yosheel I LOVE ALPACAS!

Ecuador it is. I had friends in Venezuela....though they've probably eaten each other by now and been burned for heat. Not funny, but funny.

@ReaderRagfish I still have my Wii. It might even be plugged in in my graveyard of semi-active electronics. I haven't touched it since Return to Dreamland came out though....

NEStalgia

BlueOcean

@ReaderRagfish I usually play Wii games on Wii U, my Wii is in the wardrobe. Do you have a Wii U or Xbox One? We could play Mario Kart 8 (better than MKWii I think) or whatever Xbox games you have. I like fighting games but I am rusty at the moment

@NEStalgia The current acceleration of the climate change is human-related (not natural). Not a million years have passed since early 20st century.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Vinny

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@BlueOcean Tatsunoko VS Capcom alone is reason to own a Wii. I've been addicted to fighting games for the last year or so, and I'd put it in my top 5 for sure.

Speaking of which, do you guys still own your Wiis? I was thinking we should play some Mario Kart or Tatsunoko online through wiimmfi (the only thing required is the Wii internet browser).

The Wii is currently my most active system. My newest system is a PS Vita (well, actually the last one I got was a PS2 Fat) but I ended up playing the Wii more this year. Lots of great hidden gems, not to mention GC compability.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

RedderRugfish

@NEStalgia @Vinny Do you guys want to play some Wii online? The servers are down so technically you'll need to do a patch, but literally all you need to do is go to a certain website with the internet browser and you're good to go.

@BlueOcean I don't have a Wii U or Xbox One, but I do have a Switch with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Street Fighter Collection. I still have to subscribe to NSO, but I'll definitely have done that before Smash comes out.

BlueOcean

@ReaderRagfish Oh so then I guess I could join that Mario Kart Wii tournament. Is it possible to do it on Wii U or do we have to use the Wii for the patch?

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

HobbitGamer

While you guys do that, I'm gonna sit in the corner practicing with Ness and Mewtwo, while laughing manically.
Eight. More. Bedtimes.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

RedderRugfish

@BlueOcean You have to use the Wii. I believe there is a way to make it work on Wii U, but it's more complicated and involves actual hacking.

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish That would involve finding a display with analog inputs, or messing with the receiver shudder..... Someday I will boot up the Wii again for some missed classics but.....not in the near future

NEStalgia

RedderRugfish

I guess we could just wait until Smash comes out, we better keep an eye on that joker in the corner who thinks he's gonna win.

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

Hahaha, I mean I’ve gotta win at least once. Law of averages, right? 😂
I’m truly under no illusions that I’ll be that good, except against my besties because they’re newcomers.

And I just wasted 34 Premier Balls on Mewtwo before remembering I saved the Master Ball for him. Am I the only one that wishes you could change the ball theyre in after you catch a ‘mon? Even if it meant trashing the old ball.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic