Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,381 to 24,400 of 27,547

BrainOfGrimlock

I guess it was back in the day when companies took more risks? Imagine pitching that now to a Mr/Mrs Activision or EA?

BrainOfGrimlock

Blitzenexx

@NEStalgia: I literally just searched "Fire Emblem Christmas", and some of the result set entailed Tharja in some Beach DLC-ish fan designs. I was only hoping to find some chibi characters from the series in Santa hats or something....

I thought that Tharja was a decent caster overall and used her far into my campaign, but personality-wise I preferred Miriel and Henry.

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC), Detective Pikachu

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ogo79

roy130390 wrote:

@ogo79 I wonder what would happen if your Alucard finally reaches his destination.

Argh I want to get my Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin game already. I've been craving for a good Castlevania and I'm not enjoying my other games that much because of it.

portrait of ruin is a very a good one.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ReaderRagfihs

What do you guys think of forum games?

I think they're fun, but we don't really have that many here right now besides "Mario walks into a bar" and "Let's create a world"

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

GyroZeppeli

@ReaderRagfish Forum games are a great way to have fun and involve the community. If we’re starting a new game, I think one should be about DLC. Example: The DLC for Super Mario Odyssey will include... a new character, Chun Li.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Change My Mind: Johnny is the best JoJo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704 | Twitter:

ReaderRagfihs

How about insult the above avatar using 5 layers of google translate?

"Sony, better than you, your position is not safe, is your kingdom really something else to be a father?"
(Original: "You better pack on the pounds, sonny, or else you'll never truly be Santa!")

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

BrainOfGrimlock

I - quite obviously - like them and am open to writing/dreaming up ridiculous and arbitrary rubbish about any such subject wherever and whenever someone may ask.

Although the fact I had to explain why ‘The Johnson’ is an unpleasant nickname to my GF suggests that maybe I should aim more for ‘brick through a patio window’ levels of subtlety!?

BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

@BMO_Advanced Thank you btw! Posting here (instead of ‘create a world’) to keep it fresh (and until I can think of more banal tripe to post!)

BrainOfGrimlock

Blitzenexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

How about insult the above avatar using 5 layers of google translate?

"Sony, better than you, your position is not safe, is your kingdom really something else to be a father?"
(Original: "You better pack on the pounds, sonny, or else you'll never truly be Santa!")

This reminds me of a YouTube channel I found one time that runs songs through Google Translate a few times, then sings them. Their rendition of Hellfire (Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame) still kills me. Familiarity with a song usually helps.

So I just tried out Super Mario Kart on my 3DS. I've never played it before. I've gotten the hang of the controls somewhat, but I don't know whether to call falling off the track just a newb mistake, or just plain cheap. XD

There was a Ghost House sort of track where this happened...multiple times.

Edited on by Blitzenexx

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC), Detective Pikachu

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Delibheel

I believe both of them got caught up by the “Nintendo is satan and you worship it” wave and people complained regularly about them.

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JackEatsSparrows

Yosheel wrote:

I believe both of them got caught up by the “Nintendo is satan and you worship it” wave and people complained regularly about them.

Ah, the times also referred to as The Troubles.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ReaderRagfihs

Let's play "Who Am I?"

"I don't own a Switch, but the Switch is the worst console ever made, it doesn't have Resident Evil 2, and Nintendo needs to stop listening to fanboys with their heads in the sand and make a powerful console again"

JackEatsSparrows

Dave the Games Master?

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish I'm going to guess 8bit. Can't be Gator. You didn't use the phrase "NDF" and didn't mention XBox at least thrice.

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfihs

The only good Nintendo system in existence is Gamecube

JackEatsSparrows

That is horrifying. I like it.
Only 9 more bedtimes until Smash!! Are your hands ready for devastation?

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

JackEatsSparrows

@Octane Thrombin generation assays? ...Are you ok?

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic