Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,381 to 24,400 of 24,609

Tyranexx

@BrainOfGrimlock: Daaaaawwwww! Thanks for sharing pics of your cute new additions! I've helped hand-raise kittens a time or two. It's definitely hard work.

@MrBeanCartoonFan: The mods as a whole are pretty cool here. The forums are usually pretty tame, but some of the article comment sections can occasionally get a bit thorny. The site has become more popular since the Switch hit the masses, but with more traffic comes more disagreement. Many sites that I've been to are way worse tbh. There's a reason why I don't post on IGN anymore.

I'm back home...to reality. On one hand I'm glad that I can sleep in my own bed and use my own stuff again, but on the other....Well, back to the old adulting routine. It doesn't help that the temp really dropped here while I was away. It's too early to be below freezing at night.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Yosheel

My mom finally caved in and ordered a new phone to replace her old broken iPhone.

She’s going through all the phases of buyers remorse right now.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@Yosheel Eek, hope she was able to get a good deal! I grabbed an iPhone 5s in the spring for $150 outright. Ironically, I was replacing a large 6” Samsung. Too large a profile.
@Tyranexx Dood! It’s gotten cold in the lowcountry too. We were supposed to get a bunch of rain coming from both Macon and Sav today, but it just got cold and blustery.

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

subpopz

@Yosheel Does she not like getting a new phone? I can relate.....I will use a phone clinging to it's last ounce of life until it finally completely dies before I will get a new one, lol.

Switch - Torna: The Golden Country, Sonic Mania, Paladins, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - Nier: Automata, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

ReaderRagfish

@Vinny Who cares about the world ending when there are comics to be read?

@BrainOfGrimlock I've heard of the whole "introduce them slowly" concept. I've also heard that it's less of an issue if the cats are opposite genders, since they're not as inclined to share territory with rival suitors. Is this true?

@HobbitGamer Gamecube squad unite!

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Yosheel

@HobbitGamer She got it directly from the apple website, so you can bet it wasn't a super deal! Still, better than spending the same amount of money on a refurbished iPhone on Amazon...

@subpopz to be fair she did buy a new iPhone. So even though it was the cheapest one available, it was still expensive.

But well, she herself said she didn't want anything else. She's too used to iPhone. And the old one can barely hold a charge now.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SheldonRandoms

Eight years ago today, I revved up a flipnote test animation to practice lip syncing, and now eight years later, apparently people want to see MOAR of this test animation? Would need another $50,000 budget plz.

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Ristar the Shooting Star!

Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer: The temps for the next few nights here (barring this evening) will all be down below freezing! I left with highs in the 50s and returned to Highs that are barely pushing 40. It doesn't help that it got up to the low 60s in Philly yesterday.

Actually, I just checked. It will barely get above freezing on Tuesday. When did I move to the Yukon?

Cuddles up under layers of blankets

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

SmashyNess wrote:

Rofl.

Jerry was MAD with Tom.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

CanisWolfred

>Finds Funny Youtube channel
>Sees Most videos are <2 Minutes long

Oh, I guess I'll go through a number of these before I start the day. They're short, anyways. This shouldn't take long.

>30 Hours Later

...Okay, I think I'm finally done...I'm gonna go get some sleep...Clunk

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

HobbitGamer

It's just me and a senior IT staffer in our building this morning. We just spent the better part of an hour talking about Warframe, where he explained all the different things. Now I'm more excited to play it on the 20th. And I see that I have 13 emails...

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ReaderRagfish

I woke up and there's and inch or two of snow on the ground, and it hasn't stopped snowing yet.

Mother Nature, you're late this year.

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Meanwhile, it has started rainy season in my country Indonesia.
Last evening i was shocked for sudden heavy rain when i was going back to my house with my bike.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx The media keeps screaming "warmest year on record" every year, and yet to anyone with any kind of memory, notice winter keeps getting longer and longer and longer? They keep saying this past summer was the one of the top 10 hottest....having lived through quite a few summers, it was one of the coolest (albeit humid) I can recall with only 2 weeks of any serious heat.

Funny what happens when you put the measuring stations on an airport tarmac as they proudly boast continuously increasingly airline travel, in the middle of an every increasing concrete-asphalt city radius with a known heat island effect.....

Notice when temps are 10 degrees above normal the forecast descriptions go on about "well above normal temperatures" and "unseasonable warmth", but when temps are 10 degrees below normal the wording is "near normal", "cooler air", or just "a trof" or "high pressure influencing the area". The new narrative is cold is normal, warm is scary.

On one hand it could be about just "selling global warming", but they renamed that "climate change" so they could freak everyone out about warm and cold weather. So when they need to use mass communications to alter perception that makes me worry. Why are they trying so hard to make everyone think perpetual coldness is normal....how cold is it going to get and how long have they known?

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Yosheel

It's been comfortably cool here.

Now it's possible to sleep without the AC on.

About global warming, yes the last few years were extremely hot and, at least here, winter is less cold every year.

This year it seems like it will be a bit cooler though.

The nice thing about cold is that humans can add layers of clothes to tolerate it. With hear you can only go so far before it becomes public indecency.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

NEStalgia

@Yosheel I think I'd rather be where you are Winter here went from short term with modest snow except when a big storm happened to spanning 6 months of the year. Spring and Fall have just been replaced by more Winter, and Winter now reaches lows that hadn't been reached in 150 years.

"climage change" aside, the sun is going into a perfectly normal dormant cycle...but last time it happened humans were an agrarian society....the modern pace and systems can't really take that kind of weather. There's a reason Russia is Russia.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Yosheel

Some places get hotter, other get colder.

I personally haven't seen snow outside of mountaintops since I was a kid.

Eh! My gameplay videos

ReaderRagfish

@NEStalgia I haven't noticed it getting any warmer either over the last ten years. It's been about the same as it's always been. Long and harsh winters, warm and humid summers.

Bunkerneath

Anyone know where the European Weekly Download artical is??

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Yosheel As someone who hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates hates winter, every day of winter is a task of suffering and misery I spend 2 months dreading before it happens, suffer through, barely enduring, on a day by day basis, and then take 2 months to recover when it ends, every single year leaving about two months a year of not being miserable....I notice when winter is a day too long.

Plus, I hate winter.

@ReaderRagfish Yeah...

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic