Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,361 to 24,380 of 24,532

HobbitGamer

NEStalgia wrote:

It's like selling tickets to a The Who reunion concert and when people get there, advertising a Barry Manilow album instead.

I'm dead

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Joeynator3000

I'm late...lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

ReaderRagfish

Octane wrote:

Can one of two check the alert page? I think we need another ban.

Another one bites the dust!

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

BrainOfGrimlock

Hey all, I know I'm far too new/verbose for people to have noticed/missed me (not playing a violin/seeking sympathy - just the cold, hard, brutal facts of life! ) but a few people have '@' me over the last few days and as it's so nice around here (a lesson to the internet that people can be nice) I wanted to throw a quick 'heads up' so said folk don't think I'm rude!

I noticed there are a few cat fans in this thread, well me and my long term lady are crazy cat (and most animals) people too, and schedule has been pretty full since we adopted these little furries on Sunday;

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled

We already have 4 beautiful meow-machines, but these little ones were abandoned at just a week old (sadly happens alarmingly often) and despite being hand-raised by the vet for a few weeks they were looking to re-home them ASAP to get the level of time/care they need so we stepped in. They're just 4-5 weeks old now, weighing a 'colossal' 400g when we brought them home. After 4 days of eating and playing they've put on 100g each (which is the equivalent of me putting on 25kg so is a sizeable achievement!) and they've settled in really well! Is it tiring? Of course. But worth it? Absolutely. My only regret is that we can't save them all! Went back to the vet two days later and they already have another 20 kittens that need homes, they're all luckily a little bit older though!

Still managing to get some gaming in whenever I can, my love-hate affair with RDR2 continues (although I've strongly moved across to the 'love' side more than hate now!). Nice to see last night that about 250 games I'd like to play have released in the eshop since I last checked too - when did gaming become a full time job?

@bluemage1989 @ThanosReXXX @NEStalgia - @ing you here as you're the ones most relevant/deprived of any response (how have you coped!?)!

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Vinny

What's up, my good dudes?

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye percieves all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ReaderRagfish

@BrainOfGrimlock That's a lot of cats you got there. How do you get them to not fight?

My cat is usually pretty nice, but when another cat comes into the house (or when there's a stray looking in from the porch) she makes noises I thought cats only made on cartoons.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

HobbitGamer

@BrainOfGrimlock Nah, I’m been paying attention to you
Glad you like it here. It gets rowdy, but most of us regular actives are nice. The mods are awesome, too.
Those cats are too stinkin cute! My bestie has a young cat with a similar pattern.
@ReaderRagfish Jack is pretty calm and likes to play. I don’t think he physical can hiss after the eye incident, and he can only meep. But my friends’ cats love to hiss and make those horrible growling death cries.

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BrainOfGrimlock

@ReaderRagfish It all comes down to how they're introduced really - your cats behaviour is perfectly typical as they're so so territorial!

Putting/letting a new/different cat into your cats territory is asking for trouble (not saying you have any control over it - but think of it like one country invading another!), but if you gradually ease them into it (smell can/does play a huge part in this) then it can be considerably less painful. It's not easy and in no way a complete science as every cat is different but you can certainly take some of the stress out of it - doubt you'll ever get you cat accepting randoms off the street though - we have a neighbour's cat who'd love to come in that we have to watch for, it would cause a meltdown if she ever did!

If you have multiple cats that are perfectly friendly but ned to take one to the vet, you may notice on return that they're a bit hostile with each other - purely down to the second cat having a different smell the other doesn't recognise. So long as the furries aren't too stressed it can be pretty comical watching them get worked up about something so trivial as to who has dominion over the shoe rack!

With regard to the new ones, they haven't met our existing cats yet, it'll be a few weeks still, and even then it'll be through a gated off/playpen area. The bigger ones are already sniffing around the door (they're not stupid after all!) so they'll already slowly be getting used to the smell without realising!

I think a lot of people tend to have more experience with seeing dogs interact and thinking cats will be the same, sadly it's not even close and completely polar opposite!

@HobbitGamer Thank you! Yeah i don't post on the internet all too much anymore because of toxicity/I'd usually rather be playing games, but happy to join in a conversation when it's respectful and thought out as is often the case here. We're all here (I hope) because we like/love games - I think a lot of people on the 'net sadly forget that part though and use it as a weapon of mass destruction.

PS: If I'm slow to reply/don't reply to anyone it's because I'm on feeding/cleaning duty! Normal service (read: walls of text) should be resumed in the near future!

BrainOfGrimlock

Vinny

Recently I had a bizarre dream where I was at an abandoned house (it was daylight and the sky looked yellowish) reading comics without even caring.

This blue eye percieves all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

Anti-Matter

@BrainOfGrimlock
Meanwhile, near of my house i had ever heard a "Duet" of Male cats feud.
They meowed each other, like Duet Opera, sometimes with Hissing or Biting.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

BrainOfGrimlock

@Anti-Matter I can well imagine the noise!

A cat hissing is pretty standard when they see each other for the first time - it's when they add the spitting and you get that 'low, bone-chilling guttural meow-growl' that you know to take cover/separate them immediately!

BrainOfGrimlock

Yosheel

MrBeanCartoonFan wrote:

Is it cool to be a moderator?

They give us good food scraps and sometimes we even get pop to wash them down.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nemodius

can someone confirm this for me.....

Yoshi's Crafted World was supposed to come out first quarter of 2019, but Target is saying "avail Dec/31"
what the Hell ???

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

ogo79

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@ogo79 Which do you recommend?

all of them! im a nutcase for castlevania

Anti-Matter wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

at times like these you kids should be playing castlevania games

No.
I played Chip n Dale 2 NES.

sorry for yer loss

MrBeanCartoonFan wrote:

People are really nice here at NL forums.

And you moderators also do great job. Cheers

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

One of my friend’s cats is very nice and lets known folks pick him up all the time. Whenever I hold him for few moments, he’ll lean his head away and put paws on my nose while he starts making those guttural noises. It hilarious. If I put him down, he comes right back to me. I think he does it so the other kitties will run away and he gets me to himself.

I swapped out that Wii classic pro for the GameCube style one. The green one with a Luigi symbol and full sized c stick. I’m back starting to prefer a GC controller now :/

HobbitGamer

Vinny

Nemodius wrote:

can someone confirm this for me.....

Yoshi's Crafted World was supposed to come out first quarter of 2019, but Target is saying "avail Dec/31"
what the Hell ???

December 31 is usually a placeholder date.

HobbitGamer

@Vinny Your dream reminds me of the Goosebumps book Welcome to Dead House

HobbitGamer

Vinny

HobbitGamer wrote:

@Vinny Your dream reminds me of the Goosebumps book Welcome to Dead House

I probably should check it out, then!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic