Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,401 to 24,420 of 30,725

ReaderRagfish

HobbitGamer wrote:

Hahaha, I mean I’ve gotta win at least once. Law of averages, right? 😂

Looks like someone's never played Street Fighter online

I don't really take Smash seriously anyway. It's fun, but I don't go to it when I have a competitive itch. That doesn't mean I'm not good at it though!

Edited on by ReaderRagfish

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Fooligan

I don't think I've ever won a For Glory match in Smash Bros. One time this guy destroyed me so bad he didn't even give me a rematch. I remember coming first in a few For Fun matches. I'm just garbage in competitive play in general. I do decent in Splatoon but that may be due to who I'm teamed up with in that match than my own skill. I used to play Mario Kart Wii online and did pretty good until they put me up against Japanese players, then I pretty much stayed in last place. I won a few matches during the ARMS TestPunch, but I'm gonna say that was due to everybody still being new to game.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Alantor28

I died a little today... I just learned on Splatoon 2 that Stephen Hillenburg passed away because of ALS. He gave us Spongebob and I can't believe he's gone. But his legacy will live on in our hearts.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

ReaderRagfish

Fooligan wrote:

I used to play Mario Kart Wii online and did pretty good until they put me up against Japanese players, then I pretty much stayed in last place.

Man, why are the Japanese always really good at online games? Everything I've ever heard about Japan's culture says that their school and work lives are unbearably busy and hard, and yet the way they play makes it seem like they constantly have tons of free time on their hands to practice.

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Fooligan wrote:

I used to play Mario Kart Wii online and did pretty good until they put me up against Japanese players, then I pretty much stayed in last place.

Man, why are the Japanese always really good at online games? Everything I've ever heard about Japan's culture says that their school and work lives are unbearably busy and hard, and yet the way they play makes it seem like they constantly have tons of free time on their hands to practice.

A lot of them are probably computer people these days.

Untitled
What's funny is that these are quite accurate. 😂

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

@Fooligan Yeah, I’m totally in it for the ‘For Fun’ side. Kudos to those on the competitive scene for finding joy in it, but I don’t really. Probably why I loved the ME3 multiplayer so much when all the other shooters were busy.

@ReaderRagfish I love me some SFII Turbo couch fighting

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SheldonRandoms

Alantor28 wrote:

I died a little today... I just learned on Splatoon 2 that Stephen Hillenburg passed away because of ALS. He gave us Spongebob and I can't believe he's gone. But his legacy will live on in our hearts.

Also seen some of those posts. Back when Splatoon 1 first launched, all the posts were nothing but Squidward posts, which contained memes (obliviously), requests for SpongeBob gear, as well as requesting a Bikini Bottom stage with Squidward being playable. The most we got out of that was the SpongeBob vs. Patrick splatfest, which is still to this day my favorite splatfest since for days, was nothing but SpongeBob memes. Was swell to join in on that thanks to the Wii U gamepad, wish I could on Splat 2, however drawing on the Switch touchscreen just isn't the same.

Also YEEah, his legacy will not only live on in our hearts, but also our arteries (and MY LEG!).

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena btw

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ReaderRagfish

@HobbitGamer While I did play it here and there, I never really got much into Street Fighter 2 until I got the collection on Switch. At first I was saying "Is it normal for me to suck this much?" but now I've graduated to "I almost don't suck".

Joeynator3000

sighs
I just need to get over it, and ignore the stupid troll that's likely stalking my Youtube channel STILL. So...yeah, I put my channel back in my sig, and made everything public again.

If you see that my videos have at least one dislike each, then you'll know why. lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

SheldonRandoms

Perhaps it's Sanya disliking your videos if they aren't cat related.

Was also thinking about recording myself singing a song to show someone or something since I'M A NUMBER-A ONE!

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena btw

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

It’s totes Sanya. Those black cats are a menace. Jack decided this morning that my alarm wasn’t going off early enough, so he started smacking things off the dresser and nightstand at my bed. When I got hit in the face by a TV remote and sat up, he just hopped out of the room. Not ran. Hopped.

@XenoKidRex that’s rough! Hope whatever happened works out ok

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Yep, he’s basically Snidely Whiplash

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Fooligan

I got my new tv in today (55 in.). Got everything hooked up. Gonna check how the Switch and PS4 look on it but first I'm going to eat.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

HobbitGamer

@Fooligan Congrats! I’m rocking a 65”, and have no 4K media 😂

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

BlueOcean

It's not the same playing with friends than playing online against computer-skills people. It comforts me to know that I am not the only player in the world with standard skills. I think that fighting games are the most challenging genre online because if somebody has studied all possible frames for every possible character there is nothing for me to do. I have always played Smash casually (it doesn't appeal to me for more) but sometimes even when I got good at Killer Instinct or Street Fighter with a certain character is like I can't do nothing at all online.

BlueOcean

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean I played street fighter 4/ultra omega religiously on the PS3. I was constantly on eventhubs forum for balance patches and frame data. Took too much of my life. With smash, I’m good but mostly lose. But streetfighter I’m on the game and don’t blink

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Anti-Matter

My TV is SHARP Aquos White color 32 inch.
Pretty small but it hooked by 5 different machines : Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 & PS4.
I covered them with White towels when i don t use them.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
Of course.
I put the towel on my machines after being turned off completely, so my machines will catch less dusts when i don't use them.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic