Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,881 to 23,900 of 29,474

Nemodius

EVERYTHING is better with bacon !!!

on the other hand, that Hawaiian ham & pineapple alfredo looks NaHaaaas-TAAAY !!!

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena btw

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ogo79

@Octane we got to get these people banned. there has to be a way.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

Hellooooo Eastern Standard Time!....Which actually isn't a big change since the clocks rolled back an hour today. I still don't get why we roll the clocks back and forth still, but at least in this case I won't have any jetlag.

@HobbitGamer: Yeah, it was an Auntie Ann's. I seriously considered getting a pretzel from there, but we had just eaten at a Chili's not long before. I wasn't really hungry yet.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Joeynator3000

Eh, my video turned out okay, whatever. xD

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

AlohaPizzaJack

All those pineapple garnishments are giving me the feels. Hnnnnggg

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

CanisWolfred

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled
youve got to be kidding me
what is wrong with people

I know right? Who the hell eats Sweet Potato fries?! For shame...

Just gonna randomly vent my frustrations here from my attempts to sort through The World Ends With You: Final Remix. Some of the websites I usually trust had uncharactistically unhelpful reviews, and overall I'm under the impression that the the controls sucks when compared to the original, and that the lack of a second screen hurts the game - an opinion I was never going to share, since I have tried to play the original DS version several times before, but the controls became too much of a hinderance for me. The Second screen splits up the action too much (a problem I've had with several games over the years, especially on the Wii U), and the second screen on the OG DS was too small, making the experience still feel fiddly even when turning it down to single-screen gameplay.

Basically, I don't know how to parse this information: Are the controls good or are they sloppy and imprecise? Are they actualy worse than before, because the controls were not perfect on the DS, and some of the reviewers I encountered clearly needed to take their nostalgia goggles off before writing their review...it's the Destructoid one, I really need to stop going there...

I'm afraid it's going to come down to me having to buy TWEWY: Final Remix and play it for myself to decide what's what, since everyone whose reviews I read were either [email protected]$$ed or drenched in nostalgia. It feels like Star Fox Zero all over again, except this time it's not tied to a gaming franchise I've loved since childhood, so this time I might actually set it on fire if it turns out to be the worst case scenario.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

AlohaPizzaJack

I’ve decided to take my WiiU to the office. Gotta prep for the Smashpocalypse.

Edit: My delicious idea worked deliciously. And now I've used windows task scheduler to set reminders for things, so I can play mildly undisturbed. Too bad I don't have an HDMI switcher for my second monitor

Edited on by AlohaPizzaJack

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ogo79

CanisWolfred wrote:

I know right? Who the hell eats Sweet Potato fries?! For shame...

slick...real slick

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ReaderRagfish

@HobbitGamer You better prepare, cause I'm prepared to kick your butt once it comes!

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Tyranexx

This work conference so far is, depending on the session, either interesting or boring. Overall I'm having fun, but I don't think I'll be able to get out and do a lot of sightseeing. Maybe Wednesday afternoon before I leave again? I at least wanna see the historical district....

There is an evening event at a local bar & grill that might prove to be interesting....

@CanisWolfred: That's the problem that I've been having: the review inconsistencies. I haven't even played the original, so I'm wondering at this point if I shouldn't just hunt down a DS copy instead. Pointer controls are allegedly meh, but I'm not too thrilled at the prospect of using touch controls either.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

AlohaPizzaJack

@ReaderRagfish Okay, Team Rocket.
Gotta say, Subspace has me getting back in my groove with Link. Dat midair hookshot!

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

ReaderRagfish

Tyranexx wrote:

I haven't even played the original, so I'm wondering at this point if I shouldn't just hunt down a DS copy instead. Pointer controls are allegedly meh, but I'm not too thrilled at the prospect of using touch controls either.

I haven't played the original either, but I do know that it'll cost a heck of a lot less than $50.

Anti-Matter

I felt really really upset to know World of Final Fantasy Maxima Switch version is still NO Physical release yet.
I still keep my PS4 version of World of Final Fantasy, but i LOST my gaming appetite for the PS4 version so i don't play it for more than 1 year.
It was very UNFAIR to release the Physical release on XBOX1 but Digital Only for Switch. Why SquareEnix, WHY ?!

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ReaderRagfish

@Anti-Matter You could buy it digitally on Switch, burn the PS4 disc, and paint its case red.

Depends on whether or not your hatred for PS4 outweighs your desire for physical games.

SheldonRandoms

Can't check my emails since AOL = down. CLEARLY this has nothing to do with some election tomorrow dat I don't really know much about, but i'd go if it were like Splatfest.

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena btw

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AlohaPizzaJack

@SheldonRandoms It’s just like Splatfest, but with far more randos namecalling.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Tyranexx wrote:

I haven't even played the original, so I'm wondering at this point if I shouldn't just hunt down a DS copy instead. Pointer controls are allegedly meh, but I'm not too thrilled at the prospect of using touch controls either.

I haven't played the original either, but I do know that it'll cost a heck of a lot less than $50.

The lower cost is definitely one of the reasons why I'm considering the original. Even new DS copies are just retailing at a cozy $32.26 on Amazon as of this writing.

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter Because it's Square-Enix. Since when have they needed to make sense?

I can understand them not doing physical for WoFF....it wasn't a great seller....at all...and was to be a PS/Vita exclusive. But why do it for XBox where there will certainly be very few buyers, and not Switch where there will certainly be many? It makes no sense.

@Tyranexx The pointer controls are neither bad nor good...they're just kind of....there. It's better than smudging my screen though. it turns Switch into an oddly PC-like experience, so there's that....

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic