Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,701 to 23,720 of 26,333

Octane

Tyranexx wrote:

It also seems that you can't see downvotes on your own posts.

And I just thought everyone liked my comments

Octane

subpopz

If you can't see them on your own, then it doesn't really matter for 'hivemind' mentality or anything else, because you have no idea how people have 'voted' on your post.
Unless you log out to check on your own posts, I suppose....I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care near enough to be doing that

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Nemodius

@Yosheel 3
LOL, GEEZE, that first cat looks like a starved, hairless possum and the other one looks like it about to bite someone's head off

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Delibheel

Mine is the second one.

(The first one is a cartoon character, ice cream kitty)

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JackEatsSparrows

I think you have them backwards.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Delibheel

That kinda looks like you’re saying my cat looks like a starved hairless possum.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JackEatsSparrows

Naaaah, the cartoon cat is just ultra realistic

How did you do it, (img) with a twitter link?

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Joeynator3000

...Well that Vegas Movie Studio 15 thing went on sale again on Steam for $30...guess this time I'll go for it before it ends in a few days.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Blitzenexx

Yosheel wrote:

Joey is not the only one with cute cat pics

"Feed me human! I command you!"

...I figured you were talking about the second cat anyway. The first did indeed look like an ultra-realistic ice cream kitty. Kind of reminds me of a scene from the Spongebob Squarepants Movie....

Welp, my lawn is finally mowed. It may be the last time this season unless we get a last gasp of summer. Now I'm off to prepare for a phone screen for a potential job tomorrow, then I'll hopefully/finally finish Color Splash.

...I wish that phones didn't exist sometimes. I REALLY don't like talking on them.

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Majora's Mask 3D, Super Paper Mario

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ReaderRagfihs

@ogo79 Can I have a blue one instead?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

Nemodius

@ogo79

You won't need the Master Sword, shove that down Ganon's throat and he'll go into diabetic shock and choke to death on his own vomit !!!
LOL

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

JackEatsSparrows

That one IS blue.

I don’t really like talking on the phone, either. I’ve always preferred in person, or in writing. People on the phone tend to get my tone wrong if they’re not familiar with me. I blame them.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Delibheel

@HobbitGamer

Just pasting the url to a tweet will embed it and show the picture/video/text.

Edited on by Delibheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

ReaderRagfihs

I had some pineapple pizza today, and it was actually pretty good.

I'm sure you guys are all right now saying "Too bad that new downvoting thing doesn't work on forum posts"

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

Nemodius

anyone know anything about the new "Call of Cthulhu" game coming ???
this site seem intent of advertising it and I'm a fan of Lovecraft, so this game intruiges me greatly, but can't actually find any info other than PC/PS/XB

Blitzenexx

Yeah, I've always preferred in-person communication (to an extent; I don't mind talking as part of a group, but when I'm the center of attention....well....I'm surprised that I did fairly well in speech class in college....) or text/writing. I think the problem is that I have a hard enough time with visual cues and tones in-person. I don't even like doing drive-up anywhere unless I absolutely need to. It's mostly an issue with strangers and automated systems (ugh), but I'm sometimes socially awkward even when talking to relatives on one. I pretty much put off most phone calls unless they're absolutely urgent and/or have a deadline. Thankfully, most of the communications related to my current job are either in person, via email, or with Slack. We have support people now to do a lot of the customer interaction. Before, I did interact with customers, and most went fine. A couple of times, however...ugh.

I've interviewed with this company before for a different position and did make it past the phone screen to an actual interview; unfortunately I'm not much better with in-person interviews since I'm being put on the spot. I didn't get the job, though during the interview I was under the impression that I would fit in better on one of the other teams if they had been hiring.

I by no means dislike aspects of my current job and in fact mostly enjoy the contract work I've been doing, but I really wish the company contracting my services would hire me instead. My benefits for my actual job are a little...lacking, and I know for a fact that their perks (and, for positions similar to mine, the pay) are much better.

ReaderRagfish wrote:

I had some pineapple pizza today, and it was actually pretty good.

I'm sure you guys are all right now saying "Too bad that new downvoting thing doesn't work on forum posts"

Actually, if we could upvote forum posts, I would.

Edited on by Blitzenexx

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Majora's Mask 3D, Super Paper Mario

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Delibheel

Everyone here loves pineapple pizza. This is our safe heaven.

Edited on by Delibheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

ReaderRagfihs

I'm pretty good at talking in front of large groups of people. But being professional or serious isn't always my strong suit.

Edited on by ReaderRagfihs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic