Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,721 to 23,740 of 23,887

Yosheel

Uuuuuggggghhh I bought Breath of the Wild for Switch (I had it for WiiU), the new package that comes with a starter guide.

The shop charged me twice!!

And the bank says I must wait two days before they can do anything.....

Nhhhggggghhhgg.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Uuuuuggggghhh I bought Breath of the Wild for Switch (I had it for WiiU), the new package that comes with a starter guide.

The shop charged me twice!!

And the bank says I must wait two days before they can do anything.....

Nhhhggggghhhgg.

That's... unfortunate. Hopefully things are resolved soon!

Video Corner: If Mario Had a Battle Royale Mode
Currently playing: Ocarina of Time 3D (Master Quest), Paper Mario: Color Splash

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ReaderRagfish

Any Dreamcast owners here who can recommend me some good games? I got just one not too long ago along with a handful of games, and so far I've got Phantasy Star Online, Chu Chu Rocket, Power Stone 2, Soul Calibur, Capcom vs SNK, and Dead or Alive 2.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

HobbitGamer

STARLANCER!

Hope anyone in Florida is all good. Michael Meyers is beatin everything with a wind knife. Should be here in 7 hours. I get tomorrow off, since my department is working this evening. After work it’s gaming till the power goes out.

But really.... starlancer.

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/faq/

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx Yeah, try to treat my electronics like they're made of liquid plutonium. Of course trying to do so often gets me into MORE trouble with accidentally hitting or dropping them than if I used them normally.

But the drop was terrifying. I'm glad it was a wooden surface and not concrete or something! Darned velcro....

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

NEStalgia wrote:

Yeah, try to treat my electronics like they're made of liquid plutonium. Of course trying to do so often gets me into MORE trouble with accidentally hitting or dropping them than if I used them normally.

But the drop was terrifying. I'm glad it was a wooden surface and not concrete or something! Darned velcro....

Funny how that works lol. Sometimes my anxiety is unwarranted, but you'll notice a significant difference or two between my old systems from when I was a kid versus now. Granted, I always have been a neat freak and often don't deal with sticky systems in any case, but let's just say I wasn't as careful with where I stored my systems as a kid....

My Game Boy Color and Advance SP have both been almost everywhere.

Edited on by Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish

@Tyranexx My SP from back in the day is in almost perfect condition. I was always careful with my stuff. Usually.

Illusion

@ReaderRagfish House of the Dead 2, Gundam 0079 Rise from the Ashes, and Toy Commander are my 3 favorite dreamcast games. Dynamite Cop, Silent Scope, Super Runabout San Francisco, Hydro Thunder, and the first Power Stone are also really fun games.

Illusion

ReaderRagfish

@Illusion I hear that the light gun games don't work properly in America due to controversy causing the actual guns to never be released? House of the Dead looks fun, but is it any good with a controller?

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: While I had a case for my GBC, I only took it with me on longer journeys when I planned on swapping between cartridges a lot. Otherwise I typically kept it in a compartment reserved just for it in my backpack; while this protected it from the elements, it likely got jostled around a bit. It's actually still in fairly decent shape other than some paint wear and the fact that the up/down inputs on the d-pad are delayed sometimes.

My GBA SP on the other hand....I didn't have a case for it besides the small freebie one with Rayquaza on it that came with my Pokemon Emerald preorder. I didn't always like using the case, so more often than not it spent a ton of time in my pocket. Ironically a lot of the paint damage on it is from klutzy me accidentally dropping it on more than one occasion (once on my bedframe, another time in the security line at the St. Louis Arch). It still surprisingly works, but it occasionally doesn't power on correctly; I suspect the last (bad) fall that it dealt with had something to do with it. The shoulder buttons don't work 97% of the time, but I highly suspect that they're just clogged with lint. I don't like doing it often, but the blowing trick does work wonders....

I now use carrying cases for a lot of my portable systems when I'm out and about, but I never liked using the console armor type of things as they seemed to make the consoles more bulky. Same goes for screen protectors since, with one exception (I blame the Guitar Hero: On Tour games), my screens are usually on decent shape

Edited on by Tyranexx

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

@ogo79 Helllllp meee, Marinaaaa!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Illusion

@ReaderRagfish I own it on Dreamcast and Wii. I actually prefer the control of the controller. Not to mention with my thumb twitch abilities (and man hands) I'm able to mash the fire and reload abilities at the same time so it's effectively like having a machine gun. 😂
Tldr
Never tried the dreamcast light gun, but the controller works great!

Illusion

ReaderRagfish

@Illusion Ok, great. It's been a few years since I've played a good rail shooter. And I assume Typing of the Dead won't work with the standard controller?

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Ok, great. It's been a few years since I've played a good rail shooter. And I assume Typing of the Dead won't work with the standard controller?

I got to play Typing of the Dead on PC in college as someone had loaded it onto half of the computers in one of the labs. Dang was that a fun game, but good grief is the dialogue campy. XD

Illusion

@ReaderRagfish yeah, pretty sure you need the dreamcast keyboard for that. Think they're going on ebay for 10-20 bucks though. Last time I looked it up was a year ago so for all I know they're worth the same as a physical copy of Earthbound 😂

Illusion

ReaderRagfish

Apparently you can use a Raspberry Pi to convert the Dreamcast's internet signal to broadband and use it to play online in private servers, so if I ever do that I'll probably buy the keyboard to communicate in PSO. Or just to play Typing of the Dead, which sounds pretty good.

HobbitGamer

If you don’t play STARLANCER, I can’t be held responsible.
Coaster Works was fun, too.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

ReaderRagfish

It's been raining so much that the grass has actually sort of turned green.

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish It's hard to take you seriously now.... Every time I see that avatar I can't help but think of you as a toxic troll. I read all your posts as though they were Sligs.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic