Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,721 to 23,740 of 96,305

Tyranexx

This...thread.... 😂🤣😂🤣🤨

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Banjo-

@ReaderRagfish Oh boy, it was one of my most played games of my childhood too and also unlocked everything and that was a real challenge. My favourite character was Conker (he was innocent at the time). Yes, the N64 version was better.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Alantor28

Do you think Splatoon 2 is fine without delicate servers? I find that hard to believe that some people want Nintendo to add delicate severs to Splatoon 2. I may have unstable connections sometimes, but the servers are fine as it is right now in Splatoon 2. So I find it hard to believe a minority of people want delicate servers in Splatoon 2.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

ThanosReXXX

@Alantor28 I suppose you meant to say 'dedicated' servers. Nobody in his right mind would want to host a game on 'delicate' servers, much less play it. Would only cause more problems than we already have with server maintenance and service reliability...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Alantor28

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Alantor28 I suppose you meant to say 'dedicated' servers. Nobody in his right mind would want to host a game on 'delicate' servers, much less play it. Would only cause more problems than we already have with server maintenance and service reliability...

I see. Forgive me for saying this, but a user by the name of OctoVeemo20 aka OctoInking20 is mad at NSO and Nintendo and thinks Splatoon 2 needs dedicated servers and thinks we who support NSO are the ones who are ruining Nintendo. Honestly, I think she's a little cay cay.

PSN: MMX20

ThanosReXXX

@Alantor28 No need for apologies: besides the typo you made, I understood the earlier comment just fine. Don't really have an opinion about it, though, other than if it works, don't change it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

Nah, dedicated servers aren’t used as much as folks think they are anyway.

Now I have the theme song to Diddy KR in my head. That, and “I’m Baaanjooo”

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

I'm starting to think that some fandoms need their own eating game. For every complaint about a partner in a Zelda game, you have to eat a hot wing. For every Mario reference, a fried mushroom. Pokemon complaint? A whole rice ball jelly doughnut.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: More like a medical clinic for the ensuing diabetes. XD

HobbitGamer

I’m going to put another bedtime on the shelf. That means there’s only one left afterwards. It’s almost time. And we just got another cold snap. Gotta wear gloves in the mornin and protect my smashin sticks

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Alantor28 dedicated servers are generally most important in high ranks and such. Without dedicated servers, one of the players is the server, meaning they get an unfair advantage, because they have zero latency whole other players are delayed to them. This is also what players may see phantom motions, teleportation, etc of other players. At low rank it won't matter that much. The problem still happens, but the players aren't really of enough skill to take advantage of it or to notice the disadvantages it causes. At higher ranks, it can be frustrating in causing deaths that should not have happened from players or shots that should not have existed where they were. Dedicated servers mean the server knows equally which players are lagging and where exactly everyone is on the map according to their own internet performance.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@NEStalgia: Shortly after Mother 4 is stealth-released on the Switch eShop in all its 3D glory.

GeoChrome

What do you guys think about the leaks that have been circulating recently in preparation for The Game Awards? Total bologna or do they have some merit?

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Midnight for sure. Mostly so Friday morning I don’t have to go anywhere.

I’m up! That means I just have to go to sleep one more time. Then, no more sleep. Ever.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Sounds like that eating game is never going to happen, then...

Oh, man. More uber-sensi PC-ness:
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/bringing-home-bacon-...

In the immortal words of caveman Bill: "When... does... the... hurting... stop?"

EDIT:
For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's a video...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX See, this is where I think it's time to get practical. If we, a race of carnivores want to be friendly to animals, and stop heating the planet, the solution is so simple and right in front of us. Eat humans! It's perfect! We get to eat meat, get challenging prey, reduce the population, the carbon, the manufacturing base, and we can be friendly to all the lions we want to pet! It's a win-win-win! And the best part is the people who are most interested in solving these problems and constantly demanding changes of everyone else have also forever sworn off violence, which is never the answer, apparently, and therefore have volunteered to be the first crop! Everybody wins!

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia that’s quite A Modest Proposal indeed 😂

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

You wouldn’t want other meat. I’d imagine the variety offered in human is vast.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic