Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 22,701 to 22,720 of 96,532

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish I have no idea who that guy is, but the full video of him makes me want smack him in the face with a brick shaped object.

Made of brick.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

I think that guy stole the last of your milk and you've supressed the incident. It's the only logical answer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer It might also be the passing resemblance to the similarly smug Mark Zuckerberg It's the smug "aren't I so cute?" attitude that comes off.

Screw it, hold my stuff, I desire to cause video game [website] induced violence.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Yosheel After turned into paste with a brick shaped object? Maybe. Before? Not so much. But he sure finds himself cute

You know that image of the 7 year old smeared with chocolate all over his face proudly insisting he didn't eat the ice cream and feeling so pleased with himself for not getting caught? That's what I see looking at those two.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

I'm auditing charts, and this one bit on a behavioral health assessment popped out as interesting;

{REDACT} is concerned about possible OCD and ADD behaviors. {REDACT} has difficulty staying focused and problems with authority, especially women. {REDACT} is also obsessed with Yoshi.

@Yosheel, what have you done?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@Yosheel Yeah, I just couldn't figure out why in the world it was mentioned. It was nowhere else in the chart even referenced, haha. Sometimes these counselors just write things, I think.

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer I mean it's Yoshi. I'd be concerned if there wasn't an obsession with Yoshi. I mean I've been obsessed with Yoshi for 25 years, and even though I take a Yoshi lunchbox to work and have a Yoshi mug, and sleep in a Yoshi kart bed with Yoshi sheets on a Yoshi pillow doesn't mean there's a problem. It's just normal behavior associated with having seen Yoshi at least once.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I knew you shouldn't have seen the Super Mario Bros. movie

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

It's one of those things that somehow all didn't seem wrong at the time, and I can't imagine why not. Then again, in a world where you eat mushrooms and grow big.....why not? Maybe the Mushroom Kingdom is like Wonderland.....it's only during Mario's acid trips that he goes to "save the princess" in a colorful cartoon world of mushroom people In that context the movie is really a spot on interpretation.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Oh I started reading the fellowship of the ring some days ago. I still haven't left Bag End.

The prologue took an entire flight and I haven't been able to continue since then.

I have a little collection that came with all four books. They're really cute and pocket sized.

I received all four books in a paperback collection for Christmas a couple of years ago. I read The Hobbit almost immediately, but waited a little while before starting LotR. The sad thing is that I started Fellowship back in late May when I went on a small trip, but I've been reading it on and off ever since. I even took about a month's break to read some Stephen King. It also doesn't help that my designated reading time is now right before bedtime. I'm sure you know what happens half the time.... The good news is that I only have about a hundred pages left. I'm trying to finish it and take the next book on a short work trip I'm going on early next month.

Speaking of that trip, is the TSA still OCD about smaller electronics going into bins? I'm thinking about taking my DS Lite, but those bins are so germy....

HobbitGamer wrote:

There wasn't really damage in town, just some cellular and internet outages. I think some power customers on the outskirts to one side still don't have power. I brought Smash DS to the office in case anything gets weird. Half our sites in other counties are down, so it's an easy day for me. Using the music player while I finish a report
Has there ever been a sale on the Smash 4 DLC? I want Mewtwo and Lucas, but I've not seen a sale for months.

I'm glad nothing too crazy happened near where you live. Some of the news coverage and photos that I've seen seem pretty bleak.

NEStalgia wrote:

I mean it's Yoshi. I'd be concerned if there wasn't an obsession with Yoshi. I mean I've been obsessed with Yoshi for 25 years, and even though I take a Yoshi lunchbox to work and have a Yoshi mug, and sleep in a Yoshi kart bed with Yoshi sheets on a Yoshi pillow doesn't mean there's a problem. It's just normal behavior associated with having seen Yoshi at least once.

Right. This is completely normal behavior. Hides Pokemon paraphernalia

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

I also take a long long time to finish books. I guess it's normal.

I'm also in the middle of reading Resident Evil 4. And my second Jurassic Park (now in Spanish!). But those are in electronic format.

About electronics in airports, at least here in Mexico, they only ask you place personal computers on a separate tray. Other things are ok in the bag.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

The book for Lost World is so different than the movie. But it’s great!!

#MudStrongs

ogo79

Joeynator3000 wrote:

New character confirmed for Smash Ultimate, guys.
Untitled

Tyranexx wrote:

Wow, that's...wow. Stuff like that really kick things into perspective sometimes. Good on you for helping her out, and who knows? Maybe you'll run into her again?

yes it does kick things into perspective. i hope she has some grandchildren or someone to help her like she helped her own mother.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

@HobbitGamer yup they had some cool scenes that didn't make it to the movie! (I'm reading the first one btw, it's just my second time reading it!).

My favorite thing is how the first Jurassic Park novel has a lot of things that they've been including in all the movies little by little.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

The crazy thing is that I used to tear through books like crazy as a kid. I still love reading, but I also have less free time as an adult and have to prioritize it. My ability to focus and block things out isn't what it used to be either.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

I have 76 days to go to finish my Calendar 2019 project due to 28 December 208 as my Deadline.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Same here. I could destroy books in no time. I took complete advantage of that Pizza Hut book club thing. Now I just can’t find the time as much. I’ve got a bookmark in a Star Wars book that hasn’t moved in about 8 months...

@Anti-Matter You’d better buckle down and get on that project, son! Haha

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic