Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,381 to 12,400 of 96,530

NintendoFan64

@Morpheel Ah. Still, it's sad to hear what happened.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

-Green-

@NintendoFan64: Thanks, I appreciate it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blue_Blur

Well, both the Sonic Boom games came out last year on November 11th, making them officially one year old today. Whether you were satisfied with the games or not is up to you, but I'm glad I got to enjoy them both. I'm also happy that the show is doing well; I love it! I hope everyone will enjoy Fire and Ice once it comes out.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

veeflames

MegaMari0 wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

I have come to the conculsion that Facebook is really stupid and the only reason why I still have it is to message this cute girl I know..... :0

that's 98% of guys on facebook.

loud ahem If I may. I use FB to talk to my friends another continent away, catch up on what my favourite organizations and friends are doing, and get news. And I'm a guy.
Even if FB can be very stupid at times (the Trending section needs to go, IMO), I think it's still a fun little pastime. But JUST barely...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Araquanid

Anybody else kinda hating how jobs require you to apply online now?

Almost everyjob I checked out ask me to apply online, and then I get absolutely no feeback.. I mean yeah, I guess that means they don't need someone, but I liked the jobs that I got to meet the boss one on one, fill out a few papers, and then have a handshake to atleast give them a reason to want me over somebody else..

Kmart especially right now as been driving me insane, I've been trying to apply there for a dishwasher, and the managers+employees all said you're hired as long as you filled out the app online. I go to the website, NOTHING, there is nothing on it to apply for.. then they gave me the URL directly to the application, takes me to the sear's coorporation website instead... I don't know how kmart.com = sears.org... The one job that finally wants me, I can't legitmately apply for.. just because their hiring methods are very unorganized. I don't get what was so bad about filling a piece of paper at the store. I asked them for a physical app, but they said "we no longer supply those".

I'm going to ask them one more time (third time) for a solution to this, and see if maybe somebody can walk me through it on their own computer.. as I'm having 0 luck right now... I'm almost hestitate to do this too, I'm not getting the job if I get on their nerves inorder to apply for it. I don't know how the other employees applied but I'm not seeing or finding what they signed up with, even with their direct URLs. I build computers and this is insulting that I can't find a correct sign in location.

I'm a fan of technology, but there are just certain things it's more of an inconvience for than it's worth..

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

-Godot

Really?!? I leave the site for one day, and a thread gets inducted into the hall of fame? Not cool.
BTW, Starbucks is NOT coffee. Most of the products at Starbucks are Ice cream thinly veiled as coffee so that 17 year old girls can drink them and think that they're cool. And then they sip on their $8 Mochafrappiswirlivelvesugarchinos and say "Oh my gawd, I'm like, totally a coffeeholic". Screw Starbucks.
Edit: Whoa, you know, there should actually be a hall of fame forum here...

Edited on by -Godot

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

GamecubeMan

@MegaBeedrill: I a very convenient medium. That way they dont have ri spend time explaining how to get apply there and rather make money. So yeah it can be very frustrating.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

RR529

@MegaBeedrill, Kmart is owned by Sears, which is why you have to go to their website to apply for a Kmart job (if I'm not mistaken, when you apply for one store, they actually consider you for both Kmart and Sears openings in your area, though of course you can have a preference).

I do agree with you about the hassles of online applications though. Sticking with the Kmart/Sears example, after filling out the application, you have to take part in a virtual exercise (like a first person point & click adventure) where you're a floor rep on your first day of work, helping out customers (helping them look through the computer system, take returns, ring up the register, ect). Also, even though I was applying for a Kmart job, the virtual exercise takes place in a Sears.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

I like visiting my "local" Kmart, it's like going back to the 90's.

(And by local, I mean the one in Arizona near my uncle's house. We visit it every year.)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GamecubeMan

I think its time for me to call it quits with the girl I have been messaging on Facebook. Everything was great until I asked her out. She gave very specific excuses and then stop talking to me all together. Now she is telling a bunch of people about it(which is common I guess). Oh well, better luck next time.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

jump

I must be getting old, I've spent most of today in bed to recover from last night's drinking.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

I do limit how much I drink, once all my money is gone then I will say no more.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

-Green-

Yeah. It was a really good movie,

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MsJubilee

‪#‎PrayForRonda‬

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

jump

TwilightAngel wrote:

‪#‎PrayForRonda‬

Perhaps now she sill stop buying her own hype and cut down on the rubbish movies to train properly.

I spotted this whilst I was out shopping the other day and it's the best £12 I've ever spent...it's Mario Kart that actually drives around on the ceiling!!!
Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

GamecubeMan

I have been listening to a lot of hip hop recently. Mostly Kendrick Lamar. Anyone have any reccomendations?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic