Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,181 to 12,200 of 96,243

Eel

Yay, I preordered the Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo combo through amazon.

It was comparatively cheap, considering it's basically the same price (or less) as a single wiiu game here.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

Speaking of pets, I just got this little guy a few weeks ago:

Untitled
This is a hawaiian harlequin shrimp, one of the rarest saltwater shrimp anybody in the hobby can get a hold of. This little guy single handedly cost me $50 a month to feed as he will only eat live starfish. He's actually the reason I'm currently searching for a job.

Anybody who can guess what I paid for him ignitially gets the pizza box that's been under my bed for the past week right to their door. Don't miss out!

@Morpheel ironically, today I just ordered a sea cucumber that looks exactly like your avatar (morpheel from TP)
Untitled

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

Woah that must be pretty high maintenance, really nice though. Yay for Morpheel Jr too, they're cute.

We have a medium-sized aquarium with some goldfish on it. I wish it had better illumination like yours.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

The illumination is built into the system (14 gallon biocube), it's a bit overkill for freshwater, but we need it for the corals to keep growing. The current lighting that was used in that photo was 3 small blue LEDs, and duel atinic flourecents. The 10k flourecent daylights were off (which actually was dumb of me since that's when the shrimp's colors are better seen) as they take away the "glow" of the coral which the atinics offer.

It's not THAT high maintence, just overly expensive. Saltwater can be easier than freshwater, really depends on what you get.. like I have to go the extra mile (36 to be exact) inorder to purchase sea stars constantly for this guy, (and my other regular pair I had for 2 years now), so it over complicates things a bit.. but my other livestock, such as my zebra mantis shrimp, I basically ignore except when it's feeding time, in which I can just put a fish on a stick and in 2 seconds of my life it be gone. People often overcomplicate the overall maintence of saltwater, just like the ocean it takes care of itself, just you have to start it up ignitially.. which people look at the price tag and say "n0pe 2 hurd".

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

RR529

@WaveSpooky, unfortunately I can't answer your question, but I must say I love the avatar (Garfield & Friends rocks)!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoFan64

@RR529 @WaveSpooky I completely forgot about that show. Thanks for the nostalgia!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

@Morpheel: You mean this guy?
Untitled
Anyways, I've got a cold and feel like crap, and there's a hurricane coming this weekend. BRING IT ON!
Edit: PS:

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Araquanid

This week has been pretty interesting for me.

I just submitted an online application to pizza hut last night, going to see if they call me withen the week. I really need a job as I got pets that cost me $100 a month to feed. (my harlequin shrimp pair, the hawaiian harly, my 3 mantis shrimp, and my entire 125 gallon reef) as well as a $50 phone bill. Shame the store I purchase supplies from is an hour away from me (+$20 gas and toll!) otherwise I'd spend full time there everyday if I could.

School is tough, but that's nothing new. I got extra stress in that my formentioned hawaiian shrimp is going on a hunger strike.. he sudden stopped eating which is extremely bad since harlies starve very easy.. I never had one refuse a starfish before, and this little guy has eaten the food offered. Very upsetting knowing how rare and expensive ($300) the shrimp itself is. Hope he eventually decides to eat something. I'm going to find him a friend and see if maybe that'll get him to eat seeing the new one eat.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

NintendoFan64

@Retro_on_theGo: Same here. I got Sonic Gems Collection when I was eight, and I actually enjoyed Sonic R. Granted, it's been a long time since I played it, and after some time on the internet, I'm starting to remember some of its flaws.
PS CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE!?

Socar

I'm under depression after seeing Iwata-san again..... I wonder if I have shown him respect. Have I defended him enough to prove it? Is it my fault that he got himself ill when things weren't going well for Nintendo? Should I go to jail because of me using emulators for certain games that caused him to struggle in life? While I'm still better than before where I couldn't even think for a second, I'm still in a depression state.

I feel that the opportunity of meeting Nintendo staff themselves for me will slowly fade off because of how I can't seem to get out of my hometown and make games for them. I wonder if the games that I make for Nintendo will leave a good sign to them or not, whether they feel that it is worth of me working with them on new experiences that I think need to happen.

I feel that the possibility of me seeing Miyamoto-san in person might not be possible for me because of my fate being cruel and I know that I'll be even sadder when he dies before I even met him in person... I feel like I have no purpose in life. I am right now thinking about having a girlfriend but I myself know that I can't handle such pressure of satisfying her and if anything, she should deserve better than some low life like me. A junior game designer who works on a nightshift and can't seem to be happy in any level despite the fact that I value my job so much.

I want to stay strong but given the situation and the sole purpose of my life that is to get a working relationship with Nintendo, if Nintendo went down before I am about to make games for them, my life isn't completed and their is no point of me moving forward if such a thing were to happen. Some say that people shouldn't adore companies because they exist to make money and that it would also be like some mental illness to get some affection. But I feel that Nintendo can only make me happy at this point in time as I have tried everything else possible. Scoring great marks isn't enough. Being a worthy student in college isn't enough either. Nothing is ever enough. But it should at the very least give me a sign of hope and unfortunately, all it has done is giving me a sign of depression.

I'm right now trying to get strong but seeing as how depressed I am at this point, only Nintendo and if lucky some cartoon shows can relive me out of depression.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

ArabPikachu

I took a brief break from my Multimedia Design certificate studies to chime in here. On another note, I recently got an ergonomic chair.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic