Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,201 to 12,220 of 96,243

Eel

I saw an episode of the Great British Bake Off where they made custard tarts, they looked fun to make so I decided to try the same recipe and...

Darn they're dangerously delicious. The best dessert I've ever made from scratch.

I should make them more often.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RR529

WaveGhoul wrote:

Does anybody else hate Dragon Ball Super as much as I do.

Eh, while the animation is a bit lazy, story wise it's holding up much better than GT ever did.

Granted, we'll see if that holds on after they complete recreating the two movie arcs.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

I wish i died. There really is no point in me living if I can't even be happy in life. I hate life.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

@Artwark What's wrong? What happened?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

@Artwark: Alright. Here's what I have to say: I think you should get over Iwata. He was a great man and his passing was tragic, but I think it might be time to move on. He wouldn't want you to continue being sad over him. As for wether or not you manage to meet someone like Miyamoto or get to work at Nintendo, Anything is possible. Maybe you could very well one day do both. Besides, even if you aren't able to work for the company itself, you can still make games for their systems! And as for the girlfirend thing, don't be too hard on yourself. You can do it! And if it doesn't work out, it just doesn't work out! There are plenty of fish in the sea! You just have to find the right one! Finally, Nintendo going down isn't going to happen anytime soon with the amount of money they have in the bank, so you won't have to worry about them dying before you get the chance to make a game for them for a long time. And even if they did, just try to find something else you love. There's more to life than Nintendo. Sorry about taking a while to reply to you. I had to deal with school. I hope my attempt at cheering you up worked.

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: Life may seem tough, but don't give up. There's always going to be something good right around the corner, whether you expect it or not. You say that your worried that you haven't shown Iwata enough respect, but I'd say you've shown him more than enough. His passing has clearly hit you hard, and I agree that he was an amazing person. But it's time to move on now. What he'd want is for you to keep going. Enjoy games and enjoy life. That's what he'd want. You want to make games for nintendo? Keep pursuing that dream. You're not going to achieve it by just giving up.

Yes, I like bears.

Socar

@NintendoFan64: @GrizzlyArctos: But that's another problem. If Nintendo goes, I have no other interest in working with other companies with the only one being SEGA and even then, I still hate that company. Even if I have other interests, the fact that my own country won't even support those other interests just simply means that I'm forced to leave to another country which is something my parents aren't fine with it.

So what's the point? I'm trying to be positive but no matter what I do, when I hear topics like Nintendo hates youtubers or any one that depresses me like my parents or if no one ever consider or even listen to what I have to say, nope. Its not even valid.

Like this recently, I've told the lead designer that there needs to be a way to get our ideas approved for our games to happen and it took him three months to realize that.

Heck, my parents aren't even satisfied with me working on my dream job. They even hate the idea of me leaving way early than my usual timing of my job. So far, I've gained six months experience but I know that's not enough. If I lose the job, I'm done like literally done because my parents would choose a job that won't even fit to my degree description let alone trying the job.

NintendoFan64

@Artwark: Have you tried talking to your parents?

Socar

@NintendoFan64: Yes and they still won't realize it. And I can't run away from them because that would simply mean trouble. Not the business trouble like how Nintendo always does but the trouble no one is suppose to even think about.

NintendoFan64

@Artwark: Sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do to help. Just try to keep your chin up. Hopefully things will get better for you.

Haruki_NLI

Bashing my head off of a desk with quite some force now. I've seen 6 of my 8 coursework assignments for this year (3D Animations for Games, Level Design and Mobile Application Development) and only missing Games Engine Programming which I will see at last tomorrow morning.

These assignments are gruelling. Evil in fact. In pairs make and fully document a 5 minute level with your own created 3D assets and sounds in 3 months, and present a near finished product after 2 months, a fully 3D animated cutscene for a game in the same time, apps to track phones and receive data as well as path finding...and this is without the 4th class.

On top of this, my job, the 52 hours of study for university, making a game on the side, YouTube, and my rapidly declining health (Think a bullet at terminal velocity now).

If I can impart one piece of advice, to anyone reading, no matter HOW lucrative and fun it seems, making games isn't that. This is no hobby. This isn't a job. This becomes your life. People don't appreciate wholly the work into a game.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RR529

Wow, I've just cleared all 12 chapters currently available in the "Quest" mode of Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, all without spending a cent. I don't think I've ever ran across any other F2P title on smartphones this fair (just to note, each chapter has multiple missions, which are the levels themselves).

While it took me a few months to do so, I should note that I only play it once or twice a day (and only play one mission during a play session), and more often than not play the side missions rather than the main quest.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

So this is interesting news. Remember 5th cell? The one who developed Scribblenauts? Well they have announced a new game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/scribblenauts-dev-to-crowdfu...

As you can tell, the platforms aren't even mentioned but considering how they made their first attempt on Nintendo platforms, I'm pretty positive that its gonna be on Nintendo systems as well.

If you ask me, I think Nintendo and 5th Cell love innovation and so do I. I feel they should have a close association with Nintendo because a lot of western developers aren't interested in innovation at all.

Edited on by Socar

jump

Artwark wrote:

: Didn't I say not a LOT of western devs are into innovation?

It's more to do with broad generalizations...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

I wish Youtube is gone. There's no point of it. Literally, its only losing money for the entertainment media being able to upload tv shows and whatnot.

GrizzlyArctos

Artwark wrote:

I wish Youtube is gone. There's no point of it. Literally, its only losing money for the entertainment media being able to upload tv shows and whatnot.

Youtube is part of the entertainment media. The point of Youtube is for people to upload content for people to watch, with multiple categories including entertainment, education, review or simply to give people a creative outlet to share their videos with others. It has every right to exist. What you seem to dislike are the people uploading non-original content rather than Youtube itself.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic