Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,141 to 12,160 of 96,243

Tyranexx

So I heard a funny story from my little brother recently. These three guys in one of his college classes decided to have a drag race with their trucks on the way back from lunch one day. (The area I live in is pretty rural, so trucks are normal) One was going to drive his own truck, and the other two were going to ride in the other.

They were sitting at a stop light, side by side, right on the line. The guys together in the one truck saw a cop sitting up ahead and decided to call off the race. However, before they could communicate this to the guy alone in his truck, he punched the gas and took off.

Needless to say, the cop was on this guy in a minute.

The two guys that decided to NOT race came into my brother's class a few minutes later and told the instructor what happened, why the third student would be late.

A little while later, the third student came in. The instructor patiently waited for him to sit down and get settled. Then the good-humored instructor began asking him some questions.

Instructor: So, <name>, why are you late?
Student: ...I got pulled over for speeding.
Instructor: How fast were you going?
Student: 80 in a 30. (Miles per hour)
Instructor: Pauses a moment I see that there's something on your hand, there...
(My brother had already noticed the ink)
Student: ...Yeah, they took my fingerprints, charged me for reckless driving.
Instructor: So...When's your court date?
Student: Don't know yet.

According to my brother, this guy has had another speeding ticket since....

Thought this was a funny story that I'd pass on.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

-Green-

Man, after seeing all the videos and stuff on Monster Hunter Stories, I really want it. I think it may be one of my most desired games for the 3DS.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Retro_on_theGo

When Steamworld Dig came out the one thing I heard everyone complain about was length. Every single review said it was short, users on here said it was short. So I passed on it for 3DS. Didn't play it until now on Wii U since it was part of the humble bundle. ...I've been playing this game for months.

What the hell do you guys consider a short game?!

RR529

Woohoo! My copy of Lost Planet (360) arrived early! I haven't yet had the chance to play it, but the disc is in pristine condition, without a single scratch

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Joeynator3000

................Wondering if I should change characters (..my name/avi, lol) again....lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendoFan64

@Sergio151: Good to see you, Ed-boy! Anyways, I don't know why, but today in Government class I started to feel like the room around me was spinning, and when I walked to get something I started veering off to the left. I'm better now, though.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

RR529

Glad to see you back, @Sergio151.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

Today, I got my idea approved after pitching it to my employers. The feeling that I got to pitch the idea was frightening as I've never had the chance to talk to them but at the same time, I'm like happy.

That being said, I wonder if I should make new ideas or just do what every other game dev does which is copying ideas and only tweaking them.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Socar

@WaveBoy: I think it should be possible.

Right now I'm trying to understand why I'm too attached to Nintendo so much. My dream is to be a first party developer for Nintendo and while I know that will take a long time, I want to atleast make one quality game for Nintendo before anything happens to me or Nintendo for that matter.

If that works out, I don't mind if I have to die at some point. If anything, making one quality game for Nintendo will make me happy.

Socar

@WaveBoy: I've already graduated and am about to get my degree related to gaming. Thing is though, I selected a degree in which case, I wouldn't have to worry about failing to much in the sense that working hard really doesn't do much.

Gotta say, out of all the skills that I could try, I can only communicate and write.....oh and also do some playtesting. Although, I have gotten some hobbies like playing Keyboard.

veeflames

Hello again, NLife. I'm back, but only for a little while. College and homework and all that jazz.
I'm kinda glad I didn't comment, though. Most of the articles, threads, and comments on Nintendo Life during my absence really ticked me off like never before.... no offense.
EDIT: Oh, and I can't still believe I don't have Super Mario Maker yet... but then again it's not like I'll be playing it much because of school. DANGNABBIT, COLLEGE! LETMEBEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahem. I really hope I get to play the game soon...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LyIa

I'm also back. For a little while, but not because I'm busy, it's because of who I am as a person. (i'm lazy and i forget to post).
College isn't as stressful as I expected, but then again, I'm just a freshman.

all men are kings 👑

Socar

@cherrysunburst: Its from second year onward that gets challenging. Take it from me who finished college.

veeflames

@Artwark: Well, I can't wait for my second semester, so I can actually start taking Pure Science classes (or not, we shall see...). My current semester just feels like some lacklustre summer class program, even if there's a lot of homework.
But then again, you did say "Take it from me who finished college." XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

HankLangley

Flame baiting is garbage.-Morpheel

Edited on by Eel

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Socar

Yesterday was terrible.

So like the game we're working on is about colors and my boss tells me like what if people who have color blindness can't play the game? And I say like they can't play the game simple as that. For that he like tells me that I should have reported to my lead designer and I said that this IS the lead designer's concept. Then all of a sudden, he reports to me that I'm swearing to the seniors here and accepts that he misheard it and then tells me that I'm like tense. Boy, I wish there was a way to literally allow employees to warn their boss to show some respect to them or something as the way he is right now makes me doubtful as to whether hes important to the staff or not.

I don't understand why I'm shaking so much when I talk to him or the main CEO. Its like I can barely move and whatnot and my body just feels so pale. I guess I'm not so used to standing up a lot.

But is there a way for those under color blindness to play games with blind colors? Just curious?

Retro_on_theGo

Sergio151 wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo
Well there's Donkey Konga 3. But yeah, I can agree with you. 90% of the Gamecube games I wanna import are anime tie-ins.

The only one that seemed worth importing to me was Zatch Bell Tag Batlle Full Power. Or something like that. The version of the game that did come over though, Mamodo Battles, has very average reviews. Hoping Full Power improved some complaints, but I doubt it. Seems like it just adds characters.

LaserdiscGal

Artwark wrote:

Yesterday was terrible.

So like the game we're working on is about colors and my boss tells me like what if people who have color blindness can't play the game? And I say like they can't play the game simple as that. For that he like tells me that I should have reported to my lead designer and I said that this IS the lead designer's concept. Then all of a sudden, he reports to me that I'm swearing to the seniors here and accepts that he misheard it and then tells me that I'm like tense. Boy, I wish there was a way to literally allow employees to warn their boss to show some respect to them or something as the way he is right now makes me doubtful as to whether hes important to the staff or not.

I don't understand why I'm shaking so much when I talk to him or the main CEO. Its like I can barely move and whatnot and my body just feels so pale. I guess I'm not so used to standing up a lot.

But is there a way for those under color blindness to play games with blind colors? Just curious?

Just do what splatoon did and use to very contrasting colors so you can differentiate between them.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic