Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,761 to 10,780 of 96,534

nacho_chicken

fed0ra7 wrote:

I enjoy Nintendo games.

My good sir, it would appear you arrived at the right place.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

fed0ra7 wrote:

I enjoy Nintendo games.

YOU LIEZ!!!

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

I tried to set up a Paypal account again, and now I have to submit government documents to prove my identity.

I've made (and closed) Paypal accounts twice before, I never had to do that before. Apparently it's because they couldn't find me in their database or something, but it's still stupid. I already spent $60 on a Paypal cash card (do they still have eBay cards? I could've sworn they did, but I didn't see any at CVS...), and I have an outstanding transaction on eBay (I miscalculated the remaining balance on my card...I was less than a dollar short of what I needed, and I can't seem to split the remainder to my other Visa gift card), so I'll give it a shot...

They didn't accept one of the papers I sent them, so I said screw it and requested a refund for the card, and asked my mom to pay for the eBay item, since it wasn't that expensive and I had cash to pay her back with. I'm just going to have to wait until I get a new Visa gift Card from my bank (which I only visit once or twice a month) before I get anything else...which is more than fine. I got enough stuff for now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DiscoDriver43

I am considering watching The Mask of Zorro. in his review, the nostalgia critic did rave about it.

Oh and the new Mad Max seems to be pretty good, so i might watch that over Avengers 2.

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Electricmastro

I think that this is the first time Nintendo has publicly acknowledged a certain one of their 1995 products in a long time:

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

nacho_chicken

Electricmastro wrote:

I think that this is the first time Nintendo has publicly acknowledged a certain one of their 1995 products in a long time:

That was the greatest thing I've ever seen. Wish Tanner would've stayed CEO longer. Maybe he would've released Mother 3

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Electricmastro

Using a strong warrior and having a black mage that knows Haste and Steel at the Peninsula of Power in Final Fantasy 1 makes things so much more bearable, at least for a first timer like me. Now if only I could find repels...

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

TOUGHDUDE94

I moved my I do not understand these new words to hear
so I feel like i do not understand any thing kids today say

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

DefHalan

andrew20 wrote:

Just google (with safe search on) what they say. That is normally how I figure that stuff out.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TOUGHDUDE94

Electricmastro wrote:

I was scanning through the Wii Virtual Console list and found out that there's a TurboGrafx-16 game called Neutopia which is apparently very much like The Legend of Zelda on NES, but improved on. I might just buy it.

Untitled

I still waiting on turbo grafx 16 games to come to virtual console i know that the 3ds and wii u have them in japan but why not the US/NA region.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

DefHalan wrote:

andrew20 wrote:

Just google (with safe search on) what they say. That is normally how I figure that stuff out.

These kids make me feel old

TOUGHDUDE94

DefHalan

andrew20 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

andrew20 wrote:

These kids make me feel old

Well going by the age on your profile, I would still consider you a kid.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Socar

So I haven't gotten myself into RPG's on the 3DS except for Pokemon and Mario (not counting FE because its tactial RPG) mainly because while tempting, I always feel like to me atleast RPG's should be best on PC. My reason for this is that most of them are ridiculously long just for the main campaign alone. I always feel like its just best that RPG's unless they have their length like say around 30-40 hours long not like 50-60 hours flat. That should be in something for the consoles and PC's. This is one of the reason why Chrono Trigger does this right. It adds replay value while making the game extremely short and while this is a disappointment, it adds replayability because of it having branching paths.

That's the problem I have with RPG's in 3DS with the only exception being Dream Team which is the best RPG on the 3DS ever to me. Its length was decent and it didn't focus too much on the grinding aspect of it. Idk, maybe its just me but handhelds are designed to play on the go and I guess I'm a sucker to see that. I guess time will tell when a game like Dragon Quest on 3DS will show up, I might take back on what I said.... The same thing applies to me for the DS with Pokemon, Mario and Golden Sun just being the only RPGs. I guess Nintendo seems to understand how RPG's should work in handhelds to me atleast.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

@Artwark Most RPGs these days can last you over 100 hours just to see the credits. I wouldn't say that makes them best on PCs, but it does mean their major time investments. Most handheld RPGs actually lend themselves well to "go at your own pace" by letting you save anywhere, and you can always put the system to sleep if you need to. That said, if you don't want to spend mosre than 40 hours on a game, I can definitely understand that. Most RPGs have been this long since the end of the 8-bit era, and there's really no getting around the length problem anymore. The best you can ask for is that the pacing is good. It's rare that you have to grind in any RPG released after 1995, especially if you explore and don't run from a lot of battles. But too many games feel stretched out, especially near the end. That's why I rarely finish RPGs and usually drop them near the 2/3rds mark, even if they're exceptional. If you value completing your games, but don't have the time to play a game for hundreds of hours, RPGs definitely would not be a good choice for you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Electricmastro

Tell me, what was going through the developers minds when planning the Dark Wizard's and Mindflayer's moves in Final Fantasy 1?

Edited on by Electricmastro

CanisWolfred

Electricmastro wrote:

Tell me, what was going through the developers minds when planning the Dark Wizard's and Mindflayer's moves in Final Fantasy 1?

It was a product of the time, unfortunately. But yeah, I hated those guys. And they're not even the worst it gets...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Electricmastro

CanisWolfred wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

It was a product of the time, unfortunately. But yeah, I hated those guys. And they're not even the worst it gets...

Even in remakes such as Final Fantasy Origins, this could be improved on though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic