Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,741 to 10,760 of 96,526

RR529

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll be checking them out.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Joeynator3000

I'll link you to one of PBG's videos...guess I'll give you the Hyrule Warriors one since that game came out late last year.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Electricmastro

Man, Jumping Flash! is a cool game that I just bought on PSN. It's not to often that there are first-person platformers/shooters, at least not ones I can immediately think of, aside from maybe Metroid Prime.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Hendesu

Still waiting for Klonoa 3......

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

JoyBoy

So a Nintendo theme park huh... Sounds cool.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

NintendoFan64

Electricmastro wrote:

Man, Jumping Flash! is a cool game that I just bought on PSN. It's not to often that there are first-person platformers/shooters, at least not ones I can immediately think of, aside from maybe Metroid Prime.

Oh, hey! I remember seeing the Completionist review that! It looked interesting.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

RR529

Sergio151 wrote:

I've always wanted to try Jumping Flash.

Also, does anyone remember the cartoon Celebrity Deathmatch? It was on MTV and I BARELY found out today that it's getting a reboot.

I never watched it, but I remember commercials for it. They also used to have a show that I did watch called Illustrated, which was kinda like Robot Chicken, but it came first (and it was animated rather than stop motion).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Electricmastro

Welp, if I'm gonna start, then I might as well start at the beginning:

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

RR529

I downloaded a shmup to my tablet called Darkness Strike, and it's pretty fun!

It's free (truly, no IAPs), and they supposedly provide a new level every day. It's tough as nails, too. I finally got to the boss after about ten tries, but it beat me, lol. Called it quits for the night after that, but it's fun and has a real "just one more try" feel to it.

Most ships (including yours and the bosses) use well made 3D models, while a few use crisp 2D models (the ones that do tend to be the enemies that swarm the screen in large numbers, so it must be something done to keep gameplay smooth. All bullets are 2D as well).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

nacho_chicken

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

Is that the Origins version? That one's a pretty good port, but I'd stay far and clear from FFIV-VI on PSN. They have horrendous load times and the translation of V is atrocious (Wyvern -> Y Burn is one of the worst offenses). I highly recommend the GBA versions of those instead.

EDIT: OK, I changed my mind. The worst translation offense in FFV PSX is Tonberry -> Dinglberry.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Electricmastro

nacho_chicken wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

Is that the Origins version? That one's a pretty good port, but I'd stay far and clear from FFIV-VI on PSN. They have horrendous load times and the translation of V is atrocious (Wyvern -> Y Burn is one of the worst offenses). I highly recommend the GBA versions of those instead.

EDIT: OK, I changed my mind. The worst translation offense in FFV PSX is Tonberry -> Dinglberry.

Yeah, it's the Final Fantasy Origins version which's available on the PlayStation Network. I also have IV and VI on the Wii Virtual Console and V on PSN. Despite what you say, I'm still going to stick with the PSN because I feel like it.

Edited on by Electricmastro

nacho_chicken

Electricmastro wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

Yeah, it's the Final Fantasy Origins version which's available on the PlayStation Network. I also have IV and VI on the Wii Virtual Console and V on PSN. Despite what you say, I'm still going to stick with the PSN because I feel like it.

That's fine by me. But do consider picking up FFV Advance eventually, since there's a ton of new post-game content - even new classes!

Hey, @amiibo, I've been meaning to ask, I know self-advertisement is a big no-no around here, but would I be able to make a topic for my game project? It'll be free anyways, so I'm not going to be profiting on it. If so, what should I keep in mind to avoid invoking The Wrath of the Moderators™?

EDIT: Apparently @Tommy_Wisaeu is now the correct chant to summon you to this plane?

Twitter:

RR529

A bit of an update on Darkness Strike.

The level does indeed change every day. While I never managed to beat yesterday's level (that boss was brutal), I did beat today's after about 10 tries!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Electricmastro

nacho_chicken wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

That's fine by me. But do consider picking up FFV Advance eventually, since there's a ton of new post-game content - even new classes!

Hey, @amiibo, I've been meaning to ask, I know self-advertisement is a big no-no around here, but would I be able to make a topic for my game project? It'll be free anyways, so I'm not going to be profiting on it. If so, what should I keep in mind to avoid invoking The Wrath of the Moderators™?

EDIT: Apparently @Tommy_Wisaeu is now the correct chant to summon you to this plane?

If I happen to stumble across it, then I'll reconsider, but I'm not really the one to go out and actively search for old stuff like that.

Eel

There's always the iOS/Android(?) version, which comes with all the GBA content. Just with super bland and generic character sprites and slippery walking controls.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

nacho_chicken

Morpheel wrote:

There's always the iOS/Android(?) version, which comes with all the GBA content. Just with super bland and generic character sprites and slippery walking controls.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how they manage to make some of the most revered console RPGs of all time look like they were made in RPG Maker. The font from Square's iOS ports of FF make me want to slap their graphic designer.
Untitled

Twitter:

Eel

My only real issue with that particular port (besides the slippery walking) is how he characters look too "smoothed out" and generic (all males have huge manly chests, all females have fail stick arms/legs, etc). It got slightly better in VI, but they still look pretty similar.

It's specially bad when everyone treats Faris as a man when she's clearly using the female body.

Other than that, it's a great and convenient way to experience the games.

Yeah the fonts and menus overall also look kinda odd. Also the main characters look nothing like their portraits

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RR529

The only one I've played on Android is FFIV (port of the DS version), and I was actually really surprised about how great it worked.

I never had problems walking, either. I don't know how the others handle it, but with this one the virtual analog nub appears wherever you place your thumb, making movement much more convenient.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

I tried to set up a Paypal account again, and now I have to submit government documents to prove my identity.

I've made (and closed) Paypal accounts twice before, I never had to do that before. Apparently it's because they couldn't find me in their database or something, but it's still stupid. I already spent $60 on a Paypal cash card (do they still have eBay cards? I could've sworn they did, but I didn't see any at CVS...), and I have an outstanding transaction on eBay (I miscalculated the remaining balance on my card...I was less than a dollar short of what I needed, and I can't seem to split the remainder to my other Visa gift card), so I'll give it a shot...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Okapi

I enjoy Nintendo games.

Okapi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic