Forums

Topic: Question: Will the Playstation 3 play all games on a TV that is not capable of resolution above 480p and is standard definition?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

ItsFuzzyPickles

Hello there. Recently on DeviantART (I have an account there, but I don't recommend visiting my account for my pictures), I have heard a comment saying that a person with an standard definition TV incapable of more then 480p resolution could not play most of the games for the Playstation 3, so he had to get an HDTV. Knowing this and that I have an SD TV that it's maximum resolution is 480p, I'm really worried. I want to get an Playstation 3 so badly and hearing I do not want to have to play my PS3 on my grandparents TV in the living room.

So I have a question. For those who have tried it on an SD TV not capable of resolution above 480p, will all games work for the Playstation 3? I'm asking this because this is now my ultimate decider if I'll get an PS3 now. If it's true that an PS3 will not work on an TV not capable of more then 480p resolution for most games, I will skip on the system and remain an Wii/DSi owner until the next Nintendo console comes out.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

No. It will work on any TV.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

The_Fox

"I have heard a comment saying that a person with an standard definition TV incapable of more then 480p resolution could not play most of the games for the Playstation 3"

The problem with most things you pick up on the internet is that they're full of sh*t. That person lied to you.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

RowdyRodimus

Yes, you can play any PS3 game on a SDTV (but it would be better just to watch SCTV. I made a funny!) My brother had one for a year before he got an HDTV and it worked fine. The only thing is just don't waste money buying blu-ray movies (unless you want the extra content) as it won't look any better than a regular DVD. If you have an S video or Compnent cable jacks on your TV it will act as an up-converter if you use those and give you a slightly better picture on even regular DVD's and games.

Now Transform and Roll out!

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

Ramandus

I'm 99.99% sure my brother plays PS3 on a standard TV.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

SilentJ

I play on a 10 year old standard tv all the time and haven't had problems with games or bluray movies.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Knux

I have palyed all of my PS3 games and watched a Blu Ray movie on a SD TV with no problems at all.

Knux

Chunky_Droid

Composite cables aren't even capable of 480p so using those or even component cables you will be fine

Chunky_Droid

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter:

SpentAllMyTokens

My friends had one on an SDTV for a year, and whenever we played at their house there were no problems. You can play all the games, but they just look so much prettier in HD.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.