Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,547

mamp

@Retro_on_theGO Thanks the game was supposed to have bosses and you face enemies by hiding, using your environment and random items you find lying around which are scarce and also combineable (example would be a baby doll which cries and it attracts monsters but if you combine it with a stick of dynamite it'll attract monsters and also blow up). There was also uprgradeable equipment and special items you could get by doing sidequests (like a bigger bag to carry more items, replacing your heels with running shoes so you can run without tripping or getting tired as fast).I wanted to make the characters likable and I wanted a great story with an ending that would make people go O_O omg I want more. and I was just about to submit this idea to PitchWinPlay but it was cancelled the day before I submitted it. I could have had this game made by Renegade Kid if I had won but oh well life moves on. I just wanted to get around to finishing this drawing.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

BadKitty

Mamp, that is one of the sexiest drawings ever so dark and humorous. Love it~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

BlueBubble

Is it possible to save drawings you make on Art Academy on the Wii U in some way? I'm considering getting it, but not if I can't copy to SD card or something.

BlueBubble

mamp

Untitled

Needed a break from homework so I started sketching.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

KittenKoder

Now I can't wait to get my new stylus, the small one makes my hand cramp up, but I love drawing on Colors! 3D.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

KarrotMan

Haven't done anything in a while but it's good to finally get something done. Based on an old Bean character sprite I made a year ago:
Untitled

@MrWalkieTalkie Like your style. Just read your post on DA, any Plans to continue making new Drawings? Also, you'd better want to edit your sig regarding the DA link, the url is wrong.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

MrWalkieTalkie

GuyIncognito wrote:

@MrWalkieTalkie Like your style. Just read your post on DA, any Plans to continue making new Drawings? Also, you'd better want to edit your sig regarding the DA link, the url is wrong.

Thank you for the compliments. As for deviantart, I think I might be giving up in it, I just don't enjoy the site all to much, I think I'm gonna stock with tumblr for all my drawing posts. And yes, my links are wrong on my sig, I'm too lazy to fix it. I'll get around to it soon.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

CanisWolfred

Why Tumblr? I've been trying for a long time to figure out why a lot of artists are suddenly switching to that site. All I can think of is that it's easier for people to share your art and get you exposed, but how are people supposed to differentiate what's yours and not someone else's? Every tumblr page I've gone to is just a horribly disorganized mess, I can never tell whose work is whose. Any insight you have would be great.

@GuyIncognito I remember that bean sprite!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KarrotMan

I also felt the same way regarding Tumblr but I'm slowly warming up to that site. From what I understand based on some buddies, They love to reblog popular posts (Basically retweeting for them to get followers themselves). You can also post your own drawings if you like, and even personalize your own page, but I haven't even scratched the surface (or to put it lightly, got lazy)

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

CanisWolfred

GuyIncognito wrote:

I also felt the same way regarding Tumblr but I'm slowly warming up to that site. From what I understand based on some buddies, They love to reblog popular posts (Basically retweeting for them to get followers themselves). You can also post your own drawings if you like, and even personalize your own page, but I haven't even scratched the surface (or to put it lightly, got lazy)

Oh, I get that part. It just weirds me out that a lot of artists seem to prefer it over DA, since it seems like it's difficult to keep your stuff organized and separate from the stuff you reblog (unless all 20 or so ones I've checked so far were just made by lazy people...). It always just seemed more like a glorified twitter to me...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MrWalkieTalkie

Tumblr has a growing community of artists who I can relate better with. They have their own unique art styles and more often do traditional works by hand. While in deviant art, I see a growing rise in digital art that just goes over the top and blows traditional art out of the water, and there are many people who are going for an "anime" style approach in their drawings, and when so many do the same art style, it just gets bland and unexciting. Not saying that Deaviantart is no good entirely. There's LOTS of talented folks there, but its just gotten stale to me somehow...

I just want a fresh start on a new site, I guess...

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

KarrotMan

@CanisWolfred I'm not even sure. Unless you have many followers or are super talented, I doubt many would even glance at your art post. Even at DA, it seems that way unless you do some weird fetish fan art. And I don't even want to know the fascination of having some Sonic character in a diaper.

@MrWalkieTalkie Oh yes I forgot, I seem to notice many art bloggers post sketches. I also seem to recall something about groups you can join. Care to offer me a group?

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

MrWalkieTalkie

GuyIncognito wrote:

@MrWalkieTalkie Oh yes I forgot, I seem to notice many art bloggers post sketches. I also seem to recall something about groups you can join. Care to offer me a group?

On tumblr? Can't say I know any being new to using tumblr as an art blog. I've just gotten started on it.

CanisWolfred

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Tumblr has a growing community of artists who I can relate better with. They have their own unique art styles and more often do traditional works by hand. While in deviant art, I see a growing rise in digital art that just goes over the top and blows traditional art out of the water, and there are many people who are going for an "anime" style approach in their drawings, and when so many do the same art style, it just gets bland and unexciting. Not saying that Deaviantart is no good entirely. There's LOTS of talented folks there, but its just gotten stale to me somehow...

I just want a fresh start on a new site, I guess...

I see, now I understand. Those are pretty good reasons, actually, though I myself probably won't do up a tumblr until it becomes more organized. I'm more of a traditional artist, but I love what digital artists make, so I'm fine with the DA community, even if it might mean I won't get much attention (actually, that's a plus for me). Hope your Tumblr thing goes well, then.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ketchupcat

Untitled
Angry Anime-ish Bionic Potato! Definitely the most anime-ish thing I've ever drawn! But not the most potato.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

sugarpixel

Here's one I'm still working on:
Untitled

...I should really post some more of my artwork on here, I've got some good stuff...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

KarrotMan

There was a Wayforward contest and I joined for the fun of it. Here's my entry:
Untitled

@CanisWolfred So how's your art portfolio coming along? You've been interested in joining sites like DA for quite some time now. Just wanted to know your progress if that's alright.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

sugarpixel

@GuyIncognito: That's pretty good; my one critique would be that her arms are really short... really, the arms should be just about (or just) as long as the legs. It's good otherwise.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic