Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 261 to 280 of 6,566

Objection

Because I like to stir things up, food for thought:
I liked Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown, and both Kill Bills better than Pulp Fiction (which I recently saw for the first time/)
I am NOT saying it's a bad Tarantino (that honor belongs to From Dusk Till Dawn and Death Proof) its a great one but I feel its overhyped compared to almost all his other films.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Kid_A

Alright I'm just going to come out and say it: The Cat in the Hat with Mike Myers is one of my all time favorite comedies. That movie was just raped by the critics, and I don't know why--the movie is hillarious. Just watched it on TV yesterday, I'll never understand all the hate.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I loved From Dusk Till Dawn, and both Kill Bills. Other than that, he's a hack! Death Proof is easily his worst though.

Edited on by

shingi_70

Kid_A wrote:

Alright I'm just going to come out and say it: The Cat in the Hat with Mike Myers is one of my all time favorite comedies. That movie was just raped by the critics, and I don't know why--the movie is hillarious. Just watched it on TV yesterday, I'll never understand all the hate.

it was creepy as hell. CG or that photo CG a la a christmas carol would have been better.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Avatar has been rated PG-13 for intense epic battle sequences and warfare, sensuality, language and some smoking. I'm so excited I can see it! Plus, now I know the battles are epic.

Edited on by Avatar_Zak

"Batman does not eat nachos!"

Kid_A

shingi_70 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

it was creepy as hell. CG or that photo CG a la a christmas carol would have been better.

Yeah it probably would've worked better as an animated movie--although I'm highly against the Motion Capture animation that Zemekis uses in his movies (Polar Express, Cristmas Carol, etc.)

Kid_A

Avatar has been rated PG-13 for intense epic battle sequences and warfare, sensuality, language and some smoking. I'm so excited I can see it! Plus, now I know the battles are epic.

I know! Looks awesome!

Edited on by Kid_A

Kid_A

Just saw Fantastic Mr. Fox--See it at all costs.

The_Fox

Kid_A wrote:

Turns out it's not about me. You should save your money and wait for the epic feature I'm sure is in the works about myself.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

RandomWiiPlayer

Kid_A wrote:

That movie is hilarious.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

The_Fox

Kid_A wrote:

That movie was an abomination. It butchered a classic and featured some of the worst makeup and costume design I've ever seen in my life. That, and the live action The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

Dr.Suess was a national treasure whom deserved far better than the soulless garbage those movies were.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

What about Horton Hears a Who?

Xkhaoz

Kid_A wrote:

I read the book in 2nd grade, it was a good book. So maybe I'll see it. And I just love Rhod Dahls books

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

RandomWiiPlayer

The+Fox wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

That movie was an abomination. It butchered a classic and featured some of the worst makeup and costume design I've ever seen in my life. That, and the live action The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

Dr.Suess was a national treasure whom deserved far better than the soulless garbage those movies were.

I loved both of them.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Kid_A

Terranigma wrote:

What about Horton Hears a Who?

I liked Horton Hears A Who, thought it was much better than The Cat in The Hat and The Grinch.

Yes, Horton Hears a Who was very good. As much as I actually enjoyed the Cat in the Hat, Horton felt like a pure Dr. Seuss movie. The Cat in the Hat movie was nothing like the book, (but it was really funny). Horton was funny and it captured the unique visual style and charm of Seuss' book.

The live action Grinch movie, however, wasn't any good at all.

VGM wrote:

Saw New Moon with a friend today,Gotta say it was Pretty Damn good,Huge Improvement over the First one.

BARF

DaVeMaN99

Did anyone see The Road? Loved the book, looking forward to seeing the movie.

DaVeMaN99

Magi

Despite my VERY strong reservations, I was dragged to see New Moon over the weekend. My kids spent the night at their Grandparent's house so my wife decided we should go see it.

One word: BLECHT!!

What a bunch of emo loser wannabee vamps and wolf-type-things. (notice I didn't say WEREWOLVES because they're...not). The part where the chick fell off her motorcycle and bumped her head and she got a little cut? The wolf dude practically rips his shirt off just to swab up the blood. All the teenie chicks in the audience let out a collective gasp while all the adults in the audience let out a collective "WTF?! snickers..."

Of the entire movie, there were only 3 things I "enjoyed"
1. Alice Cullen. She's a hottie. Her character is also pretty cool.
2. When all the Cullen's voted on making Bella a vampire, one of the vamp dudes basically said: "I vote yes, because it would be great if I didn't want to eat you all the time." har har
3. At the end, as Bella, Edward, and Alice were leaving that church/temple/building, there were a group of tourists heading into the main room where the "boss" vampires were. You could hear all their screams as the boss vampires, presumably, turned them into dinner. Pretty freaky scene because of what was left UNSEEN.

Magi

The_Fox

Magi wrote:

Despite my VERY strong reservations, I was dragged to see New Moon over the weekend. My kids spent the night at their Grandparent's house so my wife decided we should go see it.

Sounds like grounds for a divorce to me.

-President John Adams

Ninten

Terranigma wrote:

On saturday, I watched Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade and 20th Century Boys. Wasn't planning to watch it but I had my cousin round and she wanted to watch The Last Crusade. Still love it, the best Indy film imo.

Soooooo true, I really love The Last Crusade. The funniest and also the best Indy film.

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic