Forums

Topic: Japan Discussion

Posts 561 to 580 of 843

Hokori

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Yup, they'll look at things like college degree, what college you went to, work history and other useful skills that would make you beneficial for Japanese society. Should be a piece of cake!

You don't need college to be skilled

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

arrmixer

Hokori wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Yup, they'll look at things like college degree, what college you went to, work history and other useful skills that would make you beneficial for Japanese society. Should be a piece of cake!

Depending on the line of work you are trying to get into... it might be.. some jobs require a college/university degree as a prerequisite...

Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

Jibtv was on tonight! They showcased some different Japanese music groups. The Idol group Berryz Kobo, the rock group MUCC, and the anison group JAM Project (I was confused at what genre anison was at first, but they explained it means "Animé Song". A group that specializes in making theme songs for animé & video games).

I thought all 3 groups were good, but for some reason JAM Project really stood out for me (and that was evident before I knew what genré they were. The songs they sung were "Victory" from Super Robot Wars MX, & "Vanguard" from Cardfight! Vanguard. I wasn't familiar with these songs before, what about you?).

Dude, JAM Project rocks. I got a bunch of their songs on my iPod. They got some good stuff on iTunes, including Vangaurd.

I'm not a fan of Berryz. I guess they're alright, just too pop-ish. Never heard of MUCC. What songs did they sing?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Fox

Hokori wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

It's pretty obvious that policy would be specifically looking for highly educated applicants.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Jibtv was on tonight! They showcased some different Japanese music groups. The Idol group Berryz Kobo, the rock group MUCC, and the anison group JAM Project (I was confused at what genre anison was at first, but they explained it means "Animé Song". A group that specializes in making theme songs for animé & video games).

I thought all 3 groups were good, but for some reason JAM Project really stood out for me (and that was evident before I knew what genré they were. The songs they sung were "Victory" from Super Robot Wars MX, & "Vanguard" from Cardfight! Vanguard. I wasn't familiar with these songs before, what about you?).

Dude, JAM Project rocks. I got a bunch of their songs on my iPod. They got some good stuff on iTunes, including Vangaurd.

I'm not a fan of Berryz. I guess they're alright, just too pop-ish. Never heard of MUCC. What songs did they sing?

Sorry, It's been a few weeks since I've watched it, so I can't remember what it was they sang.

You might be able to find them on iTunes though, to see if you'd like them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheDreamingHawk

Hokori wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

It varies. If you want a basic job and just wanna chill in Japan, then it's not required. But if you wanna work at NOJ (Like I do), Then you NEED to go to college in Japan. From what I hear Tokyo net wave is the best for american movers. That's where I'm planning to go when I move out of the US (Which I've wanted to do for a LONG time now)

Speaking of Japanese stuff, Currently I have these bands on my Ipod (Not counting Video games)

-Do as Infinity (Mostly this)
-BoA
-Dream

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Hokori

I got a Miiverse message from someone from Japan, but I'm having a little trouble putting the words together

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Hokori

What does this mean?
Gomennasai kibunga, warukunaruyouna kotosite
I wanna know what I should replay back with

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

RR529

Tokyo Eye was on last night! The theme was "staying warm in winter".

They went to a shop that specializes in hot water bottles, a traditional means of staying warm in Japan. They showcased traditional hot water bottles (containers you fill up with hot water, then snuggle up with), as well as some modern twists on the idea, such as a pair of slippers that you can fill up with hot water (the host commented that it felt somewhat like a water bed). They then showed a pair of gloves, that had a USB connection. You plug them into your computer's USB port, and they warm your hands while you're on the computer (perfect for the office!).

They then featured traditional warm foods, such as grilled rice cakes, Taiyaki (a hot pastry, filled with red bean paste), and a traditional hot pot dinner.

They also went to an indoor activity center, that has indoor baths that use piping hot fresh spring water, a virtual golfing course, and other activities, such as ping pong.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Hokori wrote:

What does this mean?

It means "sorry, brother, you're too noob-like."

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Hokori

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Hokori wrote:

What does this mean?

Stop trolling

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Magikarp3

RR529 wrote:

They also went to an indoor activity center, that has indoor baths that use piping hot fresh spring water, a virtual golfing course, and other activities, such as ping pong.

I've seen these "indoor activity centres" in China too; they're rather popular in the Asian countries. My relatives' block of flats had one which had free usage for all residents. I really wish they had those in the west, so then I could go play billiard and mahjong and table tennis as much as I liked

all the west has are gyms, which are nowhere near as cool

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

CanisWolfred

Hokori wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Hokori wrote:

What does this mean?

Stop trolling

First off, what you wrote is gibberish...

Second of all, you can translate Romaji to Japanese via the internet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Hokori

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hokori wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Hokori wrote:

What does this mean?

Stop trolling

First off, what you wrote is gibberish...

Second of all, you can translate Romaji to Japanese via the internet.

I'm guessing that she wrote me a combination of words to form one word since the WiiU has a 100 character limit, IDK if anyone could help me break up the words, but I already responded to her

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Retro_on_theGo

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Hokori wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

It varies. If you want a basic job and just wanna chill in Japan, then it's not required. But if you wanna work at NOJ (Like I do), Then you NEED to go to college in Japan. From what I hear Tokyo net wave is the best for american movers. That's where I'm planning to go when I move out of the US (Which I've wanted to do for a LONG time now)

Speaking of Japanese stuff, Currently I have these bands on my Ipod (Not counting Video games)

-Do as Infinity (Mostly this)
-BoA
-Dream

Definitely look into Asian Kung-Fu Generation if you're looking for more Japanese bands. And YUI is an amazing singer. Both of them have been featured in anime, but there best work has been outside of anime.

RR529

BEGIN Japanology was on tonight! The subject was sumo.

They first described the rules of the sport, where it's practiced, how the wrestlers are ranked (with the highest being Yokozuna).

They then visited one of the training stables (this particular one was called the Naruto Stable), where wrestlers train & live. They also showcased some of the important training exercises they do. The wrestlers cook themselves (who is on duty changes day by day), with some having skills that rival professional chefs. They cook a hearty stew, whose ingredients don't change often, but the base flavoring is changed each day to keep it fresh. High ranked wrestlers get the honor of eating first (while the food's still hot), while lower ranked wrestlers have to wait.

They explained the history of Sumo, where it originated as a test of strength between warriors, became a more spiritual ritual, became entertainment amognst feudal lords (Nobunaga Oda being particularly fond of the sport), and eventually becoming entertainment for the masses by the 18th century. It boomed post WWII, when major tournaments were broadcast on TV, and nowadays, there are many foreign wrestlers entering the ranks (so much so, that the sport's officials have introduced a cap on how many non-Japanese may compete on a professional level).

They ended out by spending time with a retired wrestler, who is teaching the sport to his son.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

BEGIN Japanology was on tonight! It wasn't a very exciting episode (they talked about the history of scales in Japan).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Drawdler

RR529 wrote:

They then visited one of the training stables (this particular one was called the Naruto Stable), where wrestlers train & live. They also showcased some of the important training exercises they do. The wrestlers cook themselves (who is on duty changes day by day), with some having skills that rival professional chefs. They cook a hearty stew, whose ingredients don't change often, but the base flavoring is changed each day to keep it fresh. High ranked wrestlers get the honor of eating first (while the food's still hot), while lower ranked wrestlers have to wait.

Oh! I think I might have watched that stray on TV.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.