Hokori wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Hokori wrote:

What does this mean?
Gomennasai kibunga, warukunaruyouna kotosite
I wanna know what I should replay back with

It means "sorry, brother, you're too noob-like."

Stop trolling

First off, what you wrote is gibberish...

Second of all, you can translate Romaji to Japanese via the internet.

I'm guessing that she wrote me a combination of words to form one word since the WiiU has a 100 character limit, IDK if anyone could help me break up the words, but I already responded to her

Use a translator to reply in Japanese and translate it back, then copy that as a message

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

CanisWolfred

Anybody know how common it is for people in Japan to like, or even know about foreign musicians? I remember hearing Queen and and a few other big bands had something of a following there, though I'm not sure how common that was, or if there's any newer bands that get talked about over there. Just curious about that. Really.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

Japan's music has been heavily influenced by foreign rock artists since the Beatles played there back in the sixties. I know that a lot of artists include Japan on their world tour schedules, although I'm not sure whether their music could ever be considered mainstream. If you listen to J-Rock though, you can hear a huge amount of influence from all sorts of Western rock bands. J-Pop seems to be more internal, sharing similarities with Chinese and Korean pop.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

RR529

BEGIN Japanology was on tonight (wow, it's been awhile since I updated this thread, lol).

Tonight they interviewed Konishiki, a retired Sumo wrestler from Hawaii.

He first told the story of how he came to Japan at the age of 18 (in the early 80's), with nothing but a shoulder bag, and dream of becoming a Sumo wrestler. He worked hard (and even trained when other wrestlers were taking time off) and quickly rose up the ranks, and in his 5th year as a Sumo wrestler, he reached the second highest rank in the Sumo world (the first non-Japanese to do so).

In 1997, after a successful career in Sumo, he finally retired from the sport, but decided to stay in Japan (where he still lives to this day). He's a regular face in the Japanese entertainment world, putting on Hawaiian music shows, and now entering his 11th year as a regular on the popular children's program, Fun With Japanese (where he plays the part of Koni-chan).

He does quite a bit of charity work as well, founding an organization that brings Hawaiian children over to experience Japan, and even playing Santa Claus, giving gifts to children affected by the earthquake/tsunami in 2011.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

BEGIN Japanology was on tonight!

They talked about the Ume Plum, a fruit whose blossoming is a sign of spring's arrival in Japanese culture.

They discussed it's role in traditional culture, it's history in Japan, and how it's used in various culinary works.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Magikarp3

RR529 wrote:

They talked about the Ume Plum, a fruit whose blossoming is a sign of spring's arrival in Japanese culture.

They discussed it's role in traditional culture, it's history in Japan, and how it's used in various culinary works.

My friend once gave me an ume plum and seaweed flavoured hard candy. I don't know if anyone in Japan enjoys that kind of thing, but for me it was one of the worst tasting objects I've ever had in my mouth

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

RR529

Magikarp wrote:

RR529 wrote:

My friend once gave me an ume plum and seaweed flavoured hard candy. I don't know if anyone in Japan enjoys that kind of thing, but for me it was one of the worst tasting objects I've ever had in my mouth

They said that for a long time the Ume Plum was a breakfast time staple in Japan (although it has lost favor with the youth, who are embracing western styled breakfasts), but it's popularity is starting to rise again, due to a new marketing campaign that makes them look more "western".

On an unrelated note, I can't wait for Daylight Savings time to kick in this Sunday, so I can start watching J-Melo & Imagine-Nation again!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

J-Melo was on tonight! Tonight they payed homage to those who were affected by the 2011 disaster (being that it's the two year anniversary of the tragic event).

First they met up with the music group Monkey Majik, who have ventured up to Miyagi prefecture (an area affected by thr disaster) to partake in a revived local oyster festival. (at the end of the program, they showcased their new music video, "the Apprentice", which is dedicated to those affected. Pretty good song, too).

Secondly, they showcased the tearjerking song, "I can't think of Anything but you" by Sambomaster. The song was about a group of people reminising about loved ones they had lost.

They finished up on a happy tone, by catching up with the Tohoku Golden Angels (the cheerleading squad for the Tohoku Golden Eagles baseball team), who were in practice for the new season. Their old stadium was devastated by the earthquake.

Inbetween segments, they would showcase letters of encouragement, sent in by fans from around the world.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Imagine-Nation was on tonight!

Opening Theme - They showcased the Adventure of Shimajiro With Fufu anime movie. It's aimed at young children, and will blend anime with live action.

Main Theme - They covered the new hit manga of the famous artist Fujihiko Hosono, Castle of Broadcast. It covers the adventures of a young new female news anchor, who gets involved and reveals the dark side of broadcast television, all the while trying to get away from her family's past in the criminal underworld. Some of his past works have included Gu-Gu Ganmo (80's), Taro (90's), and Gallery Fake (90's-00's). He's also participating in the Heros Return project, where famous manga artists are coming together to release a manga compilation featuring special new chapters of classic manga series (all the proceeds will be donated to victims of the 2011 earthquake).

Creator's Interview - the manga artist Eriko Takase. They talked about her popular work, Mr. Science. It's a comedy work, which tells humorous stories from her past, all involving her science loving husband.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

J-Melo was on tonight!

Tonight they featured the popular rock group JAM Project. They performed "VICTORY" (theme of Super Robot Wars MX), "Vanguard" (theme of Cardfight!! Vanguard), "Rescue Fire" (theme of Tomica Hero: Rescue Fire), and "SKILL" (theme of Second Super Robot Wars Alpha).

Really awesome show. I really enjoyed every one of their songs (that may be a first for groups I've seen on the show).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

J-Melo was on tonight!

Tonight they featured the popular rock group JAM Project. They performed "VICTORY" (theme of Super Robot Wars MX), "Vanguard" (theme of Cardfight!! Vanguard), "Rescue Fire" (theme of Tomica Hero: Rescue Fire), and "SKILL" (theme of Second Super Robot Wars Alpha).

Really awesome show. I really enjoyed every one of their songs (that may be a first for groups I've seen on the show).

I have all of those on my iPod.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Bankai wrote:

Speaking of Japan it looks like I have another trip coming up in a few weeks.

Should be fun. Time to hit up the hostess clubs with business dude's tabs.

Hope you have fun! Do you plan on catching any baseball games?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Journeys in Japan was on today! They visited the Yamagata area this week.

They toured the famous "Ice Monsters" (trees that freeze over in a unique way during the winter), showcased some local cuisine, visited the famous Zao Onsen (Hot Spring), Tried out the local ski slopes, and featured the local traditional art of making Kokeshi dolls.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Imagine-Nation was on tonight!

Opening Theme: They showcased Paradox of Gods and Destiny Revolution, a new RPG by Nippon Ichi Software. The dungeons change & evolve as you play through the game. They didn't say which platform it was for, but it looked like a Playstation Vita title to me.

Main Theme: They covered the hit new "science fiction panic" manga, SPRITE, by Yugo Ishikawa. The manga stars Sue, a schoolgirl who is attacked by time (portrayed as black water), and sent into the year 2060 along with a small group of people, including her shut in uncle Shugo (inspired by Ishikawa himself). The future is in an apocalyptic state, with the human race on death's door, and wild animals posing danger around every corner. Now the group has to find a way back home, all while figuring out why time itself is targeting them. Some of his previous works include Yoiko, Fighting Beauty Wulong, and Kappa no Kaikata.

He actually thought up the idea for SPRITE while writing Yoiko 11 years ago, but it was such a departure from his current works (which were comedies), that his higher ups thought it was a bad idea at the time. To build interest for the idea, he introduced SPRITE as an in-manga series, that one of the characters in Yoiko created.

Creator's Interview: They interviewed Hideyoshi (didn't catch the last name, ugh). He created the popular mobile game Piyomori. In the game you stack chicks (sticky orange ones, and yellow normal ones). He was inspired to make games at a young age by Super Mario Bros on NES.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

BEGIN Japanology was on today! They covered the world famous Wagyu beef (There are many local varieties, but "Kobe" beef is probably the most well known).

There are four Japanese exclusive breeds. Thr Japanese Brown, Japanese Polled (most rare), Japanese Shorthorn, and Japanese Black (most common).

They then went through the history of cattle in Japan. They were introduced in the 5th or 6th century (based on the discovery of a clay model of a cow). Mishima Cattle are the most pure Japanese breed, as western breeds weren't introduced here. Since Buddhism forbade the eating of meat, cattle were used to carry workloads throughout most of Japan's history. A widely popular sport is Bull Sumo, which is exactly what it sounds like. During the 19th century, the meat eating ban lifted due to western influence in Japan, when the traditional Kiyaki dish was invented. Native breeds were also crossed with western breeds, to be larger.

They then showed how the cattle are cared for & raised. They need to protect them from diseases, such as Foot & Mouth Disease (of which there was a big outbreak in 2010). Cattle are also raised for competition, to showcase their quality, in an event commonly referred to as the "Wagyu Olympics".

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

J-Melo was on tonight! It was their 6th J-Melo Awards Special. Dave Spencer co-hosted.

Most Requested Artist: the GazettE. They performed "DERANGEMENT" (It was a bit too metal for my tastes), "VORTEX" (again, a little too metal for me), "KageFumi (Shadow Tag)" (This one was actually pretty decent), "REQUIRED MALFUNCTION" (back to being a little too metal for me), and "Filth in the beauty" (more metal...).

Um, not much of an awards show with only one award

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Danieru

U guys need to go visit Kyoto.

When I die I wanna start my new journey in Pallet
Currently playing:
Pokemon Black 2 / Pal Pad: 5158-2779-5372
Mario Kart 7.
Add me if u play any of these games and I'll add u back.
3DS Friend Code: 4484-8295-9699 / Name: Dani or Danieru

3DS Friend Code: 4484-8295-9699

Jamouse

@Danieru
Kyoto is awesome. Especially if you are into traditional japanes culture. Some of those temples are awesome

It's a shame that so many people go to Japan and spend 90% of their time in Akihabara. They really miss out on the best of what Japan has to offer.

Jamouse

Danieru

@Jamouse
I agree with you. I'm really interested Japanese culture and to be able to see all those temples and gardens is really a treat.

When I die I wanna start my new journey in Pallet
Currently playing:
Pokemon Black 2 / Pal Pad: 5158-2779-5372
Mario Kart 7.
Add me if u play any of these games and I'll add u back.
3DS Friend Code: 4484-8295-9699 / Name: Dani or Danieru

3DS Friend Code: 4484-8295-9699

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.