Forums

Topic: Have you ever got robbed?

Posts 61 to 77 of 77

Kholdstare

Does it still count if Microsoft is the robber?

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

JadeGirl

Kholdstare wrote:

Does it still count if Microsoft is the robber?

Yeppers it sure does

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

Supermarioman

Yes and no. The old house we used to rent was broken into when I was younger, and it was clear that they had went through most of our possessions, but funnily enough they didn't steal a thing, just left a mess. needless to say, now were a fan of dead bolts and I lock up my game room from the inside when we leave for a while (I can pick the lock back easily from a lot of practice thanks to my friends ) I'd like to put bars on the windows, but I don't think the city would permit that.

Supermarioman

-DL-

Oh, yeah. When we got back from our recent vacation, we found that our house was indeed robbed. I'm glad I took my MacBook with me.

Me on the internet: Twitter - YouTube - Soundcloud

Funny internet signature on Nintendo Life Dot Com

JadeGirl

-DL- wrote:

Oh, yeah. When we got back from our recent vacation, we found that our house was indeed robbed. I'm glad I took my MacBook with me.

Yeah that's great you took your MacBook, you scored big time taking that with you . Everything els can be taken away from me but not my laptop. I don't know what I would do without a laptop

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

-DL-

JadeGirl wrote:

-DL- wrote:

Yeah that's great you took your MacBook, you scored big time taking that with you .

Is that sarcasm, or...? Because it's a $1000 computer. I'd be pissed if it was stolen.

JadeGirl

-DL- wrote:

JadeGirl wrote:

-DL- wrote:

Yeah that's great you took your MacBook, you scored big time taking that with you .

Is that sarcasm, or...? Because it's a $1000 computer. I'd be pissed if it was stolen.

No I am serious, you really are blessed that you decided to take it with you. If you hadn't take your Macbook with you, it would have been stolen. That's a costly laptop, and its just good u took it.

For me, I am terrified to leave anything important behind, so afraid it will be stolen.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

-DL-

Oh, okay. They did, however, take my Dad's $400 PC.

Itsa

Number_6 wrote:

About 3 years ago I was unlocking Lego Star Wars characters for my daughter around 10pm, when there were suddenly screams and yells outside. I live in a historic district with century old houses located very close to the sidewalk, so when I went to my door there was the very distinct sound of violence very close by. The streetlight had burned out that week, so I couldn't see very well, and could just see dark figures moving about 25 feet away from my door near a large tree and a short hedge. I hear thuds while one person is screaming and the other is yelling loudly, "Give it to me, f&*$(ng give it to me!"

I shouted out, "Hey, stop it." (it was all that came to mind at the time), and right away a figure separated from where everything was happening, jumped over the little hedge and came at me. Very, very quickly. Due to the darkness I couldn't see the baseball bat that the guy was holding, and with which he had just attacked my 60 year old neighbor out walking his little three legged dog. What was very obvious, and may be difficult to convey, is the malice that was overflowing in the person coming out of the dark at me. I didn't know at the time that my neighbor was laying in the grass with a fractured skull and severed temporal artery, and the speed at which everything occurred made it very difficult to process the limited information available to me.

I'm probably a bit older than the average person here, and I've lived quite a few places and have a diverse set of skills and interests. One thing I did at the time regularly was shoot firearms competitively, from high power rifle matches to PPC (Police Pistol Combat) competitions, and that night I happened to still have a sidearm holstered when I opened my door. There was moans and screams for help coming out of the dark as the person rushed towards me, and I drew the weapon, shouting out to stop or I would fire. The person stopped with me looking at the bridge of his nose over the front sight when he was about 10 feet away, which is far too close for comfort even with a firearm. I remember thinking that he was too close and if he moved that I couldn't hesitate, while at the same time being amazed at how clearly I could see the front sight and the details of the point I was aiming at...everything else had seemingly disappeared in my perception. He stood there staring back and swaying forward towards me, it seemed like 20-30 seconds, but I suspect it was only 3-4. I could hear how hard he was breathing, and I knew he was thinking of trying to get to me anyway. I said, "I will f----ng kill you," and I meant it, and he suddenly broke to his right and ran into the darkness, and I could hear him running down the street out of my neighborhood. It was only a few mins later that I learned for sure that he had been armed with an aluminum baseball bat, although I had been nearly certain he was armed. I couldn't identify his weapon, so I didn't shoot. If I had seen the bat in his hand, I would have.

The hard thing was going from playing a Lego game to making the decision that I would take the life of another person, all in no more than a 25-30 second time span. I do a lot of things that include significant physical risk and require quick and accurate decisions, but I had no idea how hard it is to change roles without warning, from being a dad with a cat on the couch trying to set up things for my daughter to enjoy the next day...to arbiter of life and death. Seeing an old man laying in the grass, nearly bleeding out, and also knowing that was what had been in store for me made me very angry and bitter for a few months, and the thought of my daughter seeing me in the same shape as my neighbor even now makes my fists tighten.

My neighbor spent the rest of the night with a neurosurgeon putting his head back together, but ultimately survived without significant brain damage. The person with the bat took his cell phone and $7. To the best of my knowledge, no one was ever caught and the wannabe thug robber may well still live a few blocks away. The electric company repaired the streetlight the next day.

Oh my goodness, you sir, are amazing. That is one of the best well-written things i have ever seen by a user and i was intrigued every second. And i am 12.

3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

JadeGirl

-DL- wrote:

Oh, okay. They did, however, take my Dad's $400 PC.

Did your parents ever get their things back? Its a shame when people get away with stealing and are not caught.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

-DL-

Oh, some neighbors got the serial number on the car. Also, HP (the PC company) said that two-thirds of stolen PCs are always gotten back. I'm sure they'll track 'em.

Matillion

Itsa wrote:

Number_6 wrote:

huge post

Oh my goodness, you sir, are amazing. That is one of the best well-written things i have ever seen by a user and i was intrigued every second. And i am 12.

Indeed.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

JadeGirl

@Itsa, he is very good.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

caityful

On my 16th birthday, three years ago I was given over $200. Took my wallet with me to school one day to go shopping afterwards (I never have money on my person usually) and despite not knowing how much I had in it, the new student stole my wallet from my bag. ID card and cash and bandaids and all.
I knew it was her because several weeks later she went back to steal more cash from me, ending up taking the $6 I had for my new ID card. After confronting her, she handed back the coins and has never spoken to me since.
Additionally, she's since been fired from McDonalds for stealing from the register.

Tasuki

Well I didnt get robbed per say but I come to find out that the other day I had a transient using our backyard as a campground in the middle of the night.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Wolfpacleader1986

I live in the 'hood, so needless to say we've been hit a few times.

WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?!

JustAnotherUser

Thankfully no, but our old house was broken a long time ago but nothing was taken.

JustAnotherUser

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.