Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,290

Anti-Matter

I have finished the storyline of The Dog Island Wii last Sunday morning. šŸ˜€
The journey of the main character to save his / her sibling that got really incurable sickness. Only a Legendary Flower can heal him / her. But to find a Legendary Flower, the main character should through very Tough journey, become a Sniff Master and befriend with Anc creature (Petasi).

I have ever finished that game on PS2 version last time on year 2006 as i remembered (But with my pirated copy) , but this year i finished again with Original Wii disc. šŸ˜€

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Moroboshi876

I'm proud to say The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Expansion Pass included. 6 days ago.

It's been a long ride (more than 205 hours, but I know many people play further than that), but I enjoyed most of it a lot. But, like with everything else, it comes a time when you just want to see the end, enjoy it and move on, no matter how much you like it. You want to focus on other things, and right now I'm going to alternate Dragon Quest Builders (whose Chapter 1 I already finished in early 2018) and short bursts on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, as well as small and arcade titles in even shorter bursts.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Ralizah

Beat Sky Force Anniversary on the PS Vita. This is the fourth game I've completed in 2019 thus far. Anyway, I probably spent 10+ hours obsessively playing through this game over the last couple of days (primarily yesterday), because arcadey, mission-based games tend to have that effect on me.

This is a fairly standard vertical shmup with an upgrade system (leading to a lot of level grinding if you want to level up all your stuff like I did). Each level is filled with stars. These are your currency, and the more of these collect, the faster you can buy side weapons and upgrade your stats. There are also medals you can achieve for completing challenges in each level (such as killing every enemy, completing a level without getting hurt, saving humans stranded throughout the level, etc.), and you use these medals to unlock more stages. There are only 9 unique stages in the game, though, so the vast majority of the game is spent replaying the same levels over and over on various difficulty settings to collect more medals (each difficulty level has four achieveable medals, and there are three difficulty levels, so you can achieve a max of 12 medals for each level) or grind for currency to improve your ship.

This all sounds like a grind, but it didn't bother me too much. The levels are unremarkable design-wise, but they had a good difficulty curve, and the game itself is, all things considered, decent fun if you like shmups.

The worst thing about this version of the game is the performance. Besides some bugs that kept popping up (certain levels would develop a nasty, static-y hiss if you replayed them, causing me to turn down the volume for large chunks of the game), the game runs at 30fps with infrequent dips. Really bad dips. They only last a second or so, but in a game where you can die in the blink of an eye, this caused more than its fair share of annoying and unfair deaths. The load times are also really bad, and it would sometimes take almost half a minute to load up a level. I have to assume this is due to shoddy optimization, as the game doesn't seem to have a lot going on visually beyond the sheer number of projectiles that are often on-screen.

The music and sound are pretty forgettable, all things considered, as are the bosses. The campaign has no narrative elements or real pacing to it, either. It just kind of... ends. It's very weird, as you get the credits roll after stage 8, but stage 9, which unlocks after the credits, seems much more like what I would expect from the final level of the game.

This sounds harsh, but keep in mind I've been playing it almost non-stop for two days, so it can't be too bad. There are still some more medals for me to earn, but... honestly, I think I'm done with the game. I'm giving the Vita version a 4/10. Maybe add a point for other versions of the game if they don't suffer from the same performance issues.

Ralizah

CrazyZelda79

I just beat Zelda II The Adventure Of LInk. How in the world did any body bet this back in the day without a save any time feature? If you did then shout out to you, it must have taken hundreds of continues.

..............(FAVORITE)...............
Game: Killer Instinct (Arcade)
Quote: Stupid is as stupid does.
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption.
Food & Drink: Sirloin Steak & Strawberry Milk (Not Together)
Band: Green Day

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

EvilLucario

Beat Valkyria Chronicles last night. Real fun game with really great strategy gameplay and a pretty great story and cast of characters. Definitely got me extremely excited to play the other games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JoeDiddley

I beat Fire Emblem Awakening last night. On casual though for my first try of the series so Iā€™m not sure if that counts?

Iā€™m trying to complete games I buy now as I got too guilty of buying lots of Switch games and never finishing them because Iā€™d play another shiny new game that came out. Now I try and save the new game as a treat for finishing the current one. This works... occasionally.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
3DS: 5327-0913-7260

CrazyZelda79

That most certainly counts @JoeDiddley and i here you about the backlog. Now back to topic i just beat Gris and think everyone should give it a try especially if it gets a sale or discount at some point.

DayOfLavos

For the first time in my life I got all 30 parts in the original Pikmin. I've beaten the game before but I've never been able to get all of the parts. It wasn't too hard though so I guess I was just bad at strategizing as a kid

"There's a party in my mind, and I hope it never stops"
#1 Kirby Air Ride player in the world (voted by like 4 people)

shaneoh

Since the start of the year:
Amstrad:
Killapede
Nebulus
Blues Brothers
Fantasy World Dizzy
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
Zypnaps
Arkanoid
Beyond the Ice Palace
Masters of Space
NEIL Android

Switch:
Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee
Grim Fandango

Megadrive:
Comix Zone
F-117 Night Storm

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Knighty_IX

Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii)

Another great Monolith Soft game to check off the list. Fighting against a rogue Special Forces unit to save the world from a nuclear threat, while rescuing people from multiple natural disasters that occur one after another at the same time is one heck of a premise. It's a galore of blockbuster movies where you outrun a tsunami, drive through a volcano eruption and engage in firefights during a hurricane. The cheesy dialogue not only sells the whole over-the-top nature of the game but also the characters who are all well voiced acted giving them the essential charm that makes the game all the more endearing. Overall the game utilizes all of the Wii Remote + Nunchuk features to good use, the Time Crisis style on-rail shooting feels nice and accurate, rescue mini games do get a bit monotonous after you've already done them once before due to little variety but are functional, the driving sections are the ones I had the most trouble with but they are manageable through trial and error. The game can be completed in less than ten hours but that's hardly an issue, for how well-paced it is and with a few unlockables to work for and being able to carry over your stats and weapons to a new game does provide some replay value after beating the game once.

I truly enjoyed my time with this game, it mixes all sorts of gameplay elements from different genres into something unique and with great success. The high octane action sequences and the hilarious writing both turned Disaster: Day of Crisis into a gem that I would love to see Monolith Soft return to in the near future.

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Knighty_IX

GeeEmm

Diablo 3 campaign. It was great, got better as it went on I thought.
Now for adventure mode.

GeeEmm

RR529

Dragon Quest XI (PS4) - This was a pretty good time. I think I still prefer VIII (I very much preferred it's cast), but XI is still a very solid JRPG with some awesome moments and an absolutely gorgeous world.

Unravel (PS4) - A very charming and stunning looking puzzle platformer with a touching narrative. I got stumped a few times, but usually nothing I couldn't figure out after a few tries (except a little uphill section in the final level. That was a pain in the butt, but worth it in the end). It was a great way to break up the grind of DQXI's post game.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

shaneoh

To add to my previous list:

Megadrive:
Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales
Castelvania: Bloodlines
Crack Down
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Gain Ground
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Sonic 3D Blast
Space Harrier II
Vectorman
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Bonanza Bros.
Ecco Jr.
Bio-Hazard Battle
Ristar
Columns III
ESWAT: City Under Siege

3DS:
3D Galaxy Force II

Pretty stoked, managed to finish 31 games over 31 days and take a huge chunk out of my Megadrive backlog while I was at it, less than 30 to go. Ristar, Gain Ground and Bonanza Bros. were quite fun. Cheese Catastrophe is finally out of the way, the last physical cart that I needed to finish. Ecco Jr. was quite relaxing in comparison to the original Ecco game. Still have tides of time to do though...

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

redd214

Beat NSMBUDX last night and finished the campaign of Ace Combat 7 the day before. Still have to do a few more play through but it's a terrific game! Oh and my kids and I finally beat Ghaleem in WoL too (yes I know he's not the "final" boss, but we still felt accomplished)

redd214

Tyranexx

In my journey to invest myself in the RPG side of all things Mario, I made it to the end credits of Super Paper Mario this past weekend.

Positives

• Story: While I wouldn't call it GotY material, it was pretty well written. The motivation for Mario & Co. to save the day is outlined quite well and even brought home to the player in some drastic aspects. This game becomes pretty dark at times...something that I didn't think I'd be typing about a Mario RPG. Then again, this is Nintendo, and they can pull some pretty dark moments out of thin air sometimes. I suppose what was more surprising was that this game was full of them.
  • Writing: The writing in this game was well done and pretty entertaining. I had thought that Color Splash had some decent writing, but this game almost puts that one to shame in comparison.
  • Characters: Many of the characters were unique and memorable. I found the main villain's lackeys quite entertaining in particular.
  • Music: While I've played games with more memorable soundtracks, some tracks like Soft Light, In The Darkness, and the main theme for O'Chunks stick out in my mind.
  • The Pixls: Many of these were useful and were introduced in some crazy ways. Some were more useful than others, true, but overall I enjoyed using them.
  • The very concept of Francis, plus his castle and robo-cat butlers....And the dating sim. I even found that entertaining.

Neutral

• The world/exploration: While I felt that this was done really well in some levels due to Mario's ability to flip dimensions, others seemed fairly linear and didn't have much to them. That's not to say there weren't any "Oh, that's cool!" moments. I did enjoy the different renderings for each world.
  • Poor, poor Luigi. I feel like he occasionally gets the short end of the stick, but SPM "ended his game" twice, had him be forcibly brainwashed, and to cap everything off, the poor guy is controlled AGAIN by a magical delinquent. Guys in green just don't catch a break.

Negatives

• Switching between characters and Pixls: Is there any other way to do this besides going to the pause menu and selecting each from there? This seemed to ruin the pacing sometimes when you had to do a lot of switching in order to solve different puzzles and environmental obstacles.
  • Recipes and Catch Cards: I suppose this isn't really a true negative, but I didn't really find much motivation to bother with either of these collect-a-thons very much. Though the recipe ladies are both entertaining....

All in all, I wholeheartedly recommend this game. It's an odd RPG/platforming hybrid, but the two elements mashed together here seem to (mostly) work. I really don't understand the complaints about this one, but that could be because I've been playing the Paper Mario games in reverse order...ignoring Sticker Star, which I'm skipping.

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

@Blitzenexx
Super Paper Mario Wii was the Darkest and the Scariest Mario games ever.
Who cannot stand for disturbing eerie sounds of World of Nothing and River Twygz Bed ? šŸ˜±

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

CrazyZelda79

Just Beat Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus ended up with 413 hours! Now i'm starting Gris trying to put away a couple short games so my backlog doesn't look as daunting.

Edited on by CrazyZelda79

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter: I was pleasantly surprised at how dark it was at times. I admittedly knew about Mimi before starting the game since that character has appeared on a few YouTube lists, but some of the other dark moments took me by (pleasant) surprise. Not just dark moments either, but there were a few that definitely hit you in the feels.

It's amazing that the game pulled off an E rating back in 2007....

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

@Blitzenexx
Super Paper Mario was rated "E" for Eerie contents. šŸ˜±

My Top 6 games :

CrazyZelda79

Just beat GRIS and got about five hours out of it, i must say it's an excellent game. It's a little pricey at $16.99. But considering movie tickets here cost $9 and a movie only last for two and a half hours or less, i consider this $16.99 well spent.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic